PDA

View Full Version : Alright, just got my C&R!

swift
08-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Today I finally got my C&R. The copy goes to Midway in the morning!
I owe you some thanks - I wouldn't have gotten it without this forum.

It arrived in a green envelope the size of half a sheet of paper and looked like a piece of junk mail, so my wife almost threw it away. It took two months for me to get the license after they charged my credit card.

Now I need a bigger lockbox/safe..

Pthfndr
08-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Today I finally got my C&R.

Got money? ;)

Kestryll
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Take your crdit card, your check book and your savings passbook and say goodbye to all of them.
Welcome to the land of the heavily armed and broke.

;)

grammaton76
08-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Today I finally got my C&R. The copy goes to Midway in the morning!
I owe you some thanks - I wouldn't have gotten it without this forum.

#1: Do what I did. Go into work with a signed copy of your C&R, and monopolize the fax machine for a while. Midway will accept a fax, as will most places that aren't selling you firearms.

#2: Work through this list: http://www.thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/CurioAndRelicDiscounters

Welcome to the C&R club! :)

phish
08-25-2006, 9:10 AM
You're in luck. I stopped by the local mom 'n pop liquor store the other day and G&A has a magazine dedicated to milsurps. It's funny how the gun mags are located right next to the...other mags...;)

footdoc
08-25-2006, 9:22 AM
I spent about $5,000 on C&R rifles within 18 months after I received my license... It was crazy. I couldn't control it... The rifles. They kept coming... One after another arrived at my doorstep. My savings depleting...

Oh, and good luck on finding any room in your safe after 6 months.

swift
08-25-2006, 9:13 PM
#1: Do what I did. Go into work with a signed copy of your C&R, and monopolize the fax machine for a while. Midway will accept a fax, as will most places that aren't selling you firearms.

#2: Work through this list: http://www.thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/CurioAndRelicDiscounters

Welcome to the C&R club! :)

Of course I checked out thegunwicki.com to see who else gave good discounts. Midway is, by far, where I buy most of my supplies and gun parts. My rationale for getting C&R was that I would be 'saving money' (hahahahaha) at Midway. Of course I know I'll be getting some nice long packages from Century (and hopefully other collectors).

The second, and bigger, reason I got the C&R was to get my mind off of CA-legal AR15s. I keep wanting to buy 'just one more' when I really don't need another. But I really could use some nice WWII rifles, maybe initially collecting one from each country.

I'm glad to be part of the club - I can't wait to start.

new cal shooter
08-25-2006, 9:23 PM
as a 3 year holder and addict of c&r rifles, Century is Great for ammo, especially when your on their dealer list special, excellent deals you would'nt belive, BUT rifles are all well beat, use SAMCO global or AIM, Southern Ohio Gun or others, i have had poor results from one distributer that has alot of "god" and religion on his site, got two shipments from him, was dissapointed each time, so no more of my money will go to that "god bess" guy, with the roman soldier on his ad's. Also trading with others is great, they get an excellent rifle then an ever nicer one comes along, so they trade out that rifle, good times

NorCal MedTac
09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Got money? ;)

Alright finally got mine in the mail yesterday. Now where did I put that credit card. What should I buy first?

Electric Factory
09-09-2006, 6:01 PM
How about C+R handguns, Colt 1911's [ war time] in particular...
Can those be sent directly to the CA C+R holder ?

chickenfried
09-09-2006, 6:19 PM
Swiss Miss, K31

Alright finally got mine in the mail yesterday. Now where did I put that credit card. What should I buy first?

chickenfried
09-09-2006, 6:44 PM
Sorry, forgot I was spending your money not mine. Make it a mosin nagant sniper.

762cavalier
09-09-2006, 7:03 PM

No they can't those still have to go through an 01 dealer:mad: but you can drive to Nevada,AZ or other free states and buy them, bring them back,fill out the required form and pay off the DOJ.

finfan
09-09-2006, 7:12 PM

Nope. Gotta use an 01 for transfer. :(

Inoxmark
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Better start using your new license quick. Starting 2008 you may not be able to get guns shipped directly to you, see AB2521.

Electric Factory
09-10-2006, 5:19 PM
Nope. Gotta use an 01 for transfer. :(

A-h-h-r-r-g-g-h-h- !!! :mad: