PDA

View Full Version : Maximum magazine capacity for semi-auto with pistol grip?

Dr. T
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Can anyone tell me the maximum magazine capacity for a semi-auto shotgun with pistol grip, e.g. the Benelli M2 Tactical with pistol grip?
Is it 5, or can one legally add a two-shot extension?
If so, where's a good place to get one?
Thanks.

gose
08-24-2006, 1:05 PM
Detachable or revolving magazines are not ok, no matter what the capacity is.
Standard tube mags can't take more than 10 rounds due to the mag ban.
Imported shotguns, like Benelli, are no different on a state level, so you can use 10 round tubes.
However, since there are import restrictions you might run into Federal regulations (ie 922(r)) if you add a mag extension to an imported shotgun.

blkA4alb
08-24-2006, 4:12 PM
Detachable or revolving magazines are not ok, no matter what the capacity is...
To clarify, detachable magazines are OK on pump shotguns, but not semiauto.

xenophobe
08-24-2006, 4:20 PM
If you have a semi-automatic shotgun with a pistol grip, 5+1 rounds for imported, like a Benelli M1. If you want to add the magazine extension, find a HK marked Benelli to keep the pistol grip, or remove the pistol grip and then add the extension.

Dr. T
08-24-2006, 4:26 PM
What about adding a domestic-made extension? Does that make any difference? Can anyone reference the appropriate ATF ruling/law/whatever?

Stanze
08-24-2006, 4:58 PM
Slightly OT and, just an FYI, but tube-fed .22 magazines are exempt from the 10 round mag limit in CA.

Black_Talon
08-25-2006, 5:02 PM
Slightly OT and, just an FYI, but tube-fed .22 magazines are exempt from the 10 round mag limit in CA.

Cool! I'm off to find an extended 50 rd tube mag for my Marlin 60! :eek:

grammaton76
08-25-2006, 5:05 PM
Cool! I'm off to find an extended 50 rd tube mag for my Marlin 60! :eek:

Hmm... I wonder, if you were to have a humongous spear, with a rifle at the end, and the shaft of the spear was a tubular magazine... naaaaaaah.

I still think it would be uber cool for a helical magazine to be considered a tubular mag. I mean, it IS a tube, right? :)