01-24-2011, 1:23 PM
Barbara Boxer again:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2662224/posts

SDS-Ruger
01-24-2011, 1:26 PM
hope this goes no wear

Untamed1972
01-24-2011, 1:27 PM
So basically she's trying to force the whole country to go "may issue". Nice....so much for the constution aye Babs?

Texas Boy
01-24-2011, 1:29 PM
And how, Mrs Boxer, would this have prevented the Az tragedy?

Me thinks this is an end run to stall CCW efforts in CA. Fortunately it has zero chance of going anywhere.

press1280
01-24-2011, 1:31 PM
This will die a quick and hopefully painful death on the Senate floor.

Arondos
01-24-2011, 1:37 PM
When it comes to "Call me Senator" I'll just post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjayK62XBCE

paul0660
01-24-2011, 1:40 PM
Actually, given the current make up of congress, a federal oversight of CCW would more likely end up shall issue. It would be bad for Vermont and Arizona, and better for California.

But, it is just Babs flapping her jaw, and a waste of time.

stix213
01-24-2011, 1:41 PM
Since the Tuscon shooter had decided to only murder people, being unable to legally carry a concealed weapon obviously would have averted the tragedy. Maybe Boxer could really do some good by next requiring a "murder permit" for anyone wanting to kill someone. I'm sure the shooter would have been denied a murder permit based on not having good cause, and no one would have had to have died.

Nor-Cal
01-24-2011, 2:14 PM
i hope this makes it no where and dies quickly!

Bruce
01-24-2011, 2:16 PM
Sounds like a Federal attack on the States' sovereignty to me.

Dirtbozz
01-24-2011, 2:24 PM
Sounds like a Federal attack on the States' sovereignty to me.

Damn near everything these people do is an attack on state sovereignty. People are waking up. The commerce clause will be limited soon, as it should be. I don't care about Republicans, but I do care about Conservatives being elected. Things are looking good for 2012. The Constitution WILL prevail. :D

vantec08
01-24-2011, 3:20 PM
I have heard lawyers say that in law school, every situation that didnt fit anywhere became subject to the Commerce Clause. Talk about a broad brush. Hopefully, that will soon end.

Pred@tor
01-24-2011, 3:22 PM
CCWs are very successful out here and supported this crap will not fly... We have proven in many states that WE CCW holders are not the problem...

IGOTDIRT4U
01-24-2011, 3:58 PM
Actually, given the current make up of congress, a federal oversight of CCW would more likely end up shall issue. It would be bad for Vermont and Arizona, and better for California.

But, it is just Babs flapping her jaw, and a waste of time.

I disagree. First, I see a state's rights argument coming from the 50 states, in that they will allow a Fed law passed by Congress that makes national reciprococity of CCW's, but not a law that makes all CCW decisions left to the Feds and under a shall issue system. Leaving it to the states, but allowing freedom of travel with a valid CCW, will allow those other freer states like AZ, AK and VT to continue with their form of 2A carry.

jpigeon
01-24-2011, 4:31 PM
Wish the voters in PRK were smarter last election. Then we would not be hearing her crap...

Window_Seat
01-24-2011, 4:32 PM
The majority of Sheriffs and issuing authorities will issue based on GC being SD. I wonder if states which are pro RKBA will likely pass legislation that binds the IAs to issue based on GC being SD.

Still, the Thune Amendment can't come quickly enough... :(

Erik.

Knuckle Dragger
01-24-2011, 4:40 PM
She arguing for discretionary licensing when most of the country is already practicing right-to-carry. Here Senate colleges are not going to piss on their own states. Case closed.

stitchnicklas
01-24-2011, 5:07 PM
is it unkind to wish a stroke on someone

Casey
01-24-2011, 5:08 PM
When ever this phrase Common-Sense is used you can bet it it anything but that.

ccwtrainer
01-24-2011, 5:31 PM
Wow! As if concealed carry had anything to do with that incident. :banghead:

D-Man
01-24-2011, 6:58 PM
And it is more of the "reasonable" gun control that we hear so much. The redone Thune Amendment is my idea of gun control! 50 state reciprocity!

epilepticninja
01-24-2011, 7:06 PM
And how, Mrs Boxer, would this have prevented the Az tragedy?

My thoughts exactly. Does she really think that the derelicts out there that want to smoke someone with a gun would take the time to get a permit? wtf? I don't have a problem with permit holders having to at least qualify on a range with their weapon, but it sure as hell isn't going to keep guns away from scroates. Who keeps voting for this chick anyways?

DannyInSoCal
01-24-2011, 7:40 PM

I agree. A stroke is too good for her. Her and Pelosi deserve cancer of the eyes for what they are doing to this country and our Constitution...

ErikTheRed
01-24-2011, 7:52 PM
Why can't we get a conservative in congress to propose a bill to ban aggressive anti-Constitution tyrants like Boxer from serving in government? If we really want to protect our freedoms, it seems the only real way.

gazzavc
01-24-2011, 8:26 PM

No, nor is it to wish a 16 ton weight fall on them.............

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_stuMq1GJnrA/TSowWvncNbI/AAAAAAAAF-Y/yryxHiG7Ieg/s1600/16t_01.jpg

N6ATF
01-24-2011, 9:20 PM
Why can't we get a conservative in congress to propose a bill to ban aggressive anti-Constitution tyrants like Boxer from serving in government? If we really want to protect our freedoms, it seems the only real way.

Just need to enforce the laws on the books. Namely, Article III, Section 3. I suppose there could be a bill defunding the Justice Department as long as it has traitors refusing to prosecute other traitors at the helm.

Don the savage
01-24-2011, 9:40 PM
God I hate her.

locosway
01-24-2011, 10:08 PM
And now for something completely relevant...

Xqg3ldlbb00

Jack L
01-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Rural states do not the feds to tell them how deal with gun laws. There are rural areas and urban areas in this huge country. Both are totally different in many ways. Most firearm laws are placed by politicians thinking in terms of cities, not Wyoming or North Dakota for example. It's a big disconnect. Boxer is not well liked. Republicans and Libertarians will veto or vote against anything that comes from her mouth.

nicki
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Carly came close to beating Boxer and may have actually done it were it not for having Meg Whitman on the ballot above her.

Many people just vote straight party line, it was actually amazing that people voted for Jerry, then voted for Carly.

Boxer has always squeeked by in all of her re election bids. Di Fi has consistently gotten over 60 percent.

Fortunately both of them are getting old. If Di Fi runs again, it may be her last term. I am hoping this is Boxer's last term.

Nicki

Don29palms
01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I can never find anyone that will admit to voting for these demonrats we keep getting in office. I guess they're afraid of getting the crap beat out of them on the spot.

Window_Seat
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Carly came close to beating Boxer and may have actually done it were it not for having Meg Whitman on the ballot above her.

Many people just vote straight party line, it was actually amazing that people voted for Jerry, then voted for Carly.

Boxer has always squeeked by in all of her re election bids. Di Fi has consistently gotten over 60 percent.

Fortunately both of them are getting old. If Di Fi runs again, it may be her last term. I am hoping this is Boxer's last term.

Nicki

This is one reason why we all need to send notes to Tom McClintock for him to run against DiFi in the next round. I think he could pull it off, and it would more than likely show what she is really all about (that being herself).

Erik.

Mikeb
01-25-2011, 1:20 PM

Yes strokes are tragic, but everyone on the corner wishes for a bus to come by soon... ;)
Mike

robcoe
01-25-2011, 1:24 PM
Another day I am glad I did not vote for Boxer

safewaysecurity
01-25-2011, 1:40 PM
I'm just glad the Thine amendment is being introduced in March.

Uriah02
01-25-2011, 2:17 PM
This is one reason why we all need to send notes to Tom McClintock for him to run against DiFi in the next round. I think he could pull it off, and it would more than likely show what she is really all about (that being herself).

Erik.

Unfortunately, Tom McClintock is too much of a real american to get elected to one of PRK's Senate seats.

B Strong
01-25-2011, 3:02 PM
Boxer knows that the bill has no chance of passing in the Congress - this is grandstanding for the hometown liberal fans.

Rocket Man
01-25-2011, 7:51 PM
Oh goody goody goody!!!

Every time the hag speaks I go buy a evil gun to show my support....

Because of you Barbara the Hag boxer I now own.... for no other reason than to piss you off.... a bad bump fire mini mac & AK pistol :43:

Hmmmm wonder what I should get next.........

Oh look here's the hag herself;

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/TheDParis/BarberaFingBoxer.jpg
With the safety off no less... :eek:

joeyant
01-25-2011, 7:55 PM
Californians deserve what they got.
Californians had the rare chance to get rid of Boxer last election.
They didn't.

Californians made their bed. Now it's time to go night-night.

Noah3683
01-25-2011, 8:02 PM

Nicki

No Way, they are the Al Davis of politics. They will defy death another 50 years just to torment us with their hideous faces and babbling ideologies!

Catechol
01-25-2011, 8:06 PM

How would it be bad for Arizona? You Californians, you just don't get it, do you?

If a Federal law was passed which attempted to interfere with the sovereign rights recognized by our state constitution and in direct violation of the 10th amendment, we would simply ignore it, and then pass a law making it a felony to enforce in our state. Do you really think our LEOs have stopped arresting illegals?

Pred@tor
01-25-2011, 8:12 PM
Californians deserve what they got.
Californians had the rare chance to get rid of Boxer last election.
They didn't.

Californians made their bed. Now it's time to go night-night.

Its not all of Californians fault its the majority of the idiotic voters in those huge cities. Illinois has a similar problem with Chicago. (then again their RTKBA in the state constitution sucks) The creeps in those major cities are a huge voting block and screw over the rest of the state. Heck out here in Missouri there are big cities too but they are not screwing everyone over in Missouri yet...

N6ATF
01-25-2011, 11:15 PM
The creeps in those major cities are a huge voting block and screw over the rest of the state.

All we ever hear about is Chicago being the most corrupt city in the U.S., with felons' and freaking zombies' votes being counted. Are you a creep if you can't afford to move away from a government that shreds your votes if you haven't voted for the most corrupt candidate or incumbent?

Pred@tor
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM
All we ever hear about is Chicago being the most corrupt city in the U.S., with felons' and freaking zombies' votes being counted. Are you a creep if you can't afford to move away from a government that shreds your votes if you haven't voted for the most corrupt candidate or incumbent?

No and I couldnt afford to move either the military took me away. Its just unfortunately the way it is... Its those huge cities full of wusses and morons that vote the way they do.