PDA

View Full Version : GSG seller says it legal but...

whisperingdoom
01-23-2011, 10:43 PM
i felt like getting a gsg,,saw the first one from online and got it after asking the seller if its good to go. ( bullet button or sled etc )

-anyway they say that they dont see it on a banned list so i went ahead and got it...i need some clarification,,i dont want my stuff going back and forth or being sent to the popo for being illegal

is it a pistol or a SBR?

http://www.22-lr.com/item/77935__American_Tactical_Imports_Rifles_Shotguns_G SG_GERG2210MP5_MP5_Carbi.aspx?SR=1

69Mach1
01-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Pistol.

ke6guj
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
its a pistol so it does not violate federal or state SBR regs.

However, as a pistol in CA in its original configuration, it is an illegal AW due to the detachable magazine outside the pistol grip. In addtion, it isn't on the "not unsafe" roster of handguns, so it can't be transfered to you in CA unless you are an LEO. It needs to be californicated before it comes into CA. So, it needs a maglock and a SLED.

RomanDad
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
The $425 "Package" advertised on that page which contains a shoulder stock for the pistol would be Constructive possession of an SBR if you dont have some other legal purpose for it.

whisperingdoom
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
im just getting the pistol.

i told him about the maglock /bullet button and sled...im gonna call tom to make sure he know/ships with it.

anyone have exp on bullet button/maglock for the gsg...any suggestions..i think i saw some on PRK fresno a long time ago.

-thanks for replying everyone.

Mstnpete
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
its a pistol so it does not violate federal or state SBR regs.

However, as a pistol in CA in its original configuration, it is an illegal AW due to the detachable magazine outside the pistol grip. In addtion, it isn't on the "not unsafe" roster of handguns, so it can't be transfered to you in CA unless you are an LEO. It needs to be californicated before it comes into CA. So, it needs a maglock and a SLED.

Just wanted to clarify.
So this would apply for 22lr?

ke6guj
01-23-2011, 11:51 PM
yes, the pistol AW regs apply all semi-automatic pistols, centerfire and rimfire, why do you think it wouldn't?
same for the roster, applies to centerfire and rimfire pistols.

whisperingdoom
01-24-2011, 12:19 AM
hmm looks like theres a bunch of threads on this topic a;ready

-mods please delete.