PDA

View Full Version : With the bolt assemly in the locked position........

Nefarious
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
How should it look? pic on the left or the right? I went out to Jacumba today with the girl - she absolutely LOVED the AR, but thats another story - and came home to do a real nice clean and lube. I removed the firing pin, bolt cam pin, extractor pin etc etc.... but I did not pay attention to the position of the actual bolt asembly in either the Locked or Unlocked position... SOOOOOO... back to the initial question :D

With the bolt assemly in the "locked" position... should it look like Bolt1 or Bolt2

Thanks guys - im slowly starting to understand the innards :)

stevie
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
No.2, your extractor wll be on the same side as your ejection port on the upper. I think so anyways...

SemiAutoSam
08-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Well it wont go together in the wrong position as the pin that goes into the bolt is tapered and the hole in the bolt is also tapered.

but the answer to this question would be the ejector on the side of the bolt grabs the rim of the case and tossed it out to the right side unless you happen to have a left handed bolt and bolt carrier.

yes they are made.

So bolt 2 pic is the correct one.

stevie
08-23-2006, 12:56 PM
The cam pin will only fit one way... the right way... :)

Nefarious
08-23-2006, 12:59 PM
HAHA Thanks guys

No its a right handed model - even though im a south paw :D

THanks guys for the quick response. I didnt know that the pin was tapered - should I had tried to put it back in the wrong way, and got some resistance.. I think I would have used some force before spinning the damn thing around.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-23-2006, 1:07 PM
They had to be made simple... the military was taking them apart and cleaning/ maintaining them...:D

Now all you military guys dont get your OD green panties all bunched up!! LOL!

tpliquid1
08-23-2006, 1:15 PM
yeap only goes in 1 way

SemiAutoSam
08-23-2006, 1:19 PM
Nefarious

Don't ya all worry this fopah will be a lot easier to live down than when IGMAN shot up his desk.

Sugarfoot47
08-23-2006, 1:29 PM
Nefarious

Don't ya all worry this fopah will be a lot easier to live down than when IGMAN shot up his desk.
Could you give details about this incident. Curious minds want to know.

SemiAutoSam
08-23-2006, 1:48 PM
Could you give details about this incident. Curious minds want to know.

Your best bet to find said information is to let your fingers do the googleing.

bwiese
08-23-2006, 1:57 PM
Details?

Don't have all of them, but apparently the IggMan Tactical Asian did shoot up a table (? or desk?) with his full-auto M4. This was a year or two ago, apparently. Various people wiggle their trigger fingers whenever they see him now.

Still trying to ascertain if this was at a range or the DOJ office.

If the latter, he was apparently confused about the opening day of mahogany season.

sac7000
08-23-2006, 3:02 PM
Details?

Don't have all of them, but apparently the IggMan Tactical Asian did shoot up a table (? or desk?) with his full-auto M4. This was a year or two ago, apparently. Various people wiggle their trigger fingers whenever they see him now.

Still trying to ascertain if this was at a range or the DOJ office.

If the latter, he was apparently confused about the opening day of mahogany season.

I've read where he's tested confiscated weapons at the CHP training facility in West Sacramento. Seems to me he test fired a german machine gun there not too long ago.