PDA

View Full Version : Waiting time question...

Eric H.
08-23-2006, 10:08 AM
My 10 day waiting on my glock handgun will be up this upcoming monday 8/28. I am also in the process of picking up a complete lower receiver in the next 3 days. This will be shipped to me next day from out of state. Will I be able to DROS this weapon? Or does the 30 day apply to this lower receiver as well. The lower is an OLL AR15. Thanks guys.

blkA4alb
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
No, you can DROS as many rifles as you would like. The 30 day wait only applies to handgun purchases through an FFL.

Eric H.
08-23-2006, 11:18 AM
No, you can DROS as many rifles as you would like. The 30 day wait only applies to handgun purchases through an FFL.

Awesome thanks!

6172crew
08-23-2006, 11:34 AM
If its from the same FFL then just wait until your lower arrives and pickup both on the same day.

kantstudien
08-23-2006, 12:55 PM
If its from the same FFL then just wait until your lower arrives and pickup both on the same day.

We have had this discussion in the past, but the only FFL I can think of who would allow this (without also doing a Long Gun DROS) would be SJGE. 99% of FFLs in California will not deliver rifles on pistol DROSes. They will deliver multiple rifles on a long gun DROS, but handgun and long gun DROSes must be done separately (according to DOJ). If you call DOJ, they will tell you the same thing, however this is not specified in the law. So take that for what its worth.