PDA

View Full Version : Got a NM M1A...:)

K_SNIPER
08-22-2006, 8:34 PM
I want to thank those who recommended Metroshot for some FFL transfers I needed to do as I wound up getting a real nice SA M1A National Match from Pat today as well...:D I was thinking for a long time about picking one up and the timing was just right on this one. I will have to get lots of .308 ammo now....LOL. I highly recommend Pat at Metroshot...nice and straitforward to deal with!!! Time to start looking at scopes....;)

hitnrun
08-22-2006, 9:11 PM
Where is this Metroshot? Do you have any leads on NM or CG M1s?? Thanks!

K_SNIPER
08-22-2006, 9:13 PM
http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/

PistolKidd
08-22-2006, 9:41 PM
Im glad you got your SA M1a National Match.. I wish i had the money for that, but I could only afford the loaded model...but im reading Metroshots policies regarding FFL transfers and it's a bit sketchy..

"MetroShot will charge $45 to $55 to process this transaction in addition to the $25 DROS fees. You will also have to pay California sales tax on the price of the firearm. Contact us with the address, phone number, and fax number of the seller and we will send them our FFL so they can send us your firearm. This pricing will not be honored with any other type of FFL dealer as that undercuts our pricing programs."

If waht Im reading is true, they wont do FFL transfers for guns that are cheaper than theirs (if they're from another gun dealer)... screw THAT.. Im not in the business of keeping them in Mercedes or BMW's... Im a consumer and Im not going to play into that game..

If they're not offering the best prices, well, they're just not likely to get my business

Ironballs
08-22-2006, 10:07 PM
awesome choice, you will love her...

I have used his services pleanty.. always worked out great...
The dros fee is standard, ppt simple there as well,.. the additional is for his receiving and processing of guns shipped to him. More than fair compaired to what other ffls charge to receive... plus, what you can often find plus his fees are well under other local shops...
as for tax... you tell him what you paid and that is the ammount you pay tax on... CA law... hope this helps

NRAhighpowershooter
08-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Scope a Match M1A????!!!!!!??? :eek: sacrilege!! PURE SACRILEGE!!!!! I tell ya!!!! :p

rollyourown
08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
"MetroShot will charge $45 to $55 to process this transaction in addition to the $25 DROS fees. You will also have to pay California sales tax on the price of the firearm. Contact us with the address, phone number, and fax number of the seller and we will send them our FFL so they can send us your firearm. This pricing will not be honored with any other type of FFL dealer as that undercuts our pricing programs."

Wow, with such great deals like that, Its no wonder people travel out of state to buy their firearms. I like the part about having to pay CA tax on a gun you buy out of state. Think the great state of CA ever sees that tax money?

ocabj
08-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Scope a Match M1A????!!!!!!??? :eek: sacrilege!! PURE SACRILEGE!!!!! I tell ya!!!! :p

Exactly what I was thinking! Forget the scope and get a Turner or a Les Tam national match sling. The 1/2 MOA elevation and windage adjustments and that .062" front blade are there for a reason. :D

Whitesmoke
08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Wow, with such great deals like that, Its no wonder people travel out of state to buy their firearms. I like the part about having to pay CA tax on a gun you buy out of state. Think the great state of CA ever sees that tax money?

I'm not sure you guys understand the process....on a out of state purchase, legally..the FFL is buying the rifle from the other FFL or person (even though you are paying for it yourself)....and Legally he is selling it directly to you. Thus...he's supposed to charge tax.

There is no such thing as a Private party transfer from out of state or by mail. PPT's are face to face only with the FFL handling the paperwork.

All the dealers around here charge $100-120 to do a transfer from out of state...it's a ripoff. But there is one FFL that does it for me for about $50 (he does it on the side out of his house)

You can't exactly expect dealers with a storefront, employees, and inventory to be able to compete on price against a dealer that sells on gunbroker from his house and has ZERO overhead. Most of the gunshop owners I know are far from rich or driving a BMW or Mercedes.

rorschach
08-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Pat will give you a fair deal. He's not making millions, and he's not ripping anyone off.

PistolKidd
08-23-2006, 3:32 PM
I'm not sure you guys understand the process....on a out of state purchase, legally..the FFL is buying the rifle from the other FFL or person (even though you are paying for it yourself)....and Legally he is selling it directly to you. Thus...he's supposed to charge tax.

There is no such thing as a Private party transfer from out of state or by mail. PPT's are face to face only with the FFL handling the paperwork.

All the dealers around here charge $100-120 to do a transfer from out of state...it's a ripoff. But there is one FFL that does it for me for about $50 (he does it on the side out of his house)

You can't exactly expect dealers with a storefront, employees, and inventory to be able to compete on price against a dealer that sells on gunbroker from his house and has ZERO overhead. Most of the gunshop owners I know are far from rich or driving a BMW or Mercedes.

I do understand the process. I agree, you're essentially buying from your local FFL when you do out of state purchases. The only thing he is essnetially not doing is 'fronting' the money for the purchase. Thats what you do outside of him. He essentially will take "ownership" of the firearm and relinquish it to you once the paperwork is settled. As far as taxation goes, you're suppose to either pay the ffl the tax + dros and let him deal with it, or file the tax yourself and pay the State when the approriate time comes.. In either case, i somehow doubt California gets it's portion of this 'tax' money..

What bothers me is that if you find a gun from another FFL dealer and not a private individual, tehy wont do the transfer due to the nature of getting a better deal.?!?! I could be mistaken, but that's how I read it.

I know the arguments about service and supporting your local gun shop.. Honestly, it's a market economy, if you cant compete.. well, nice try.. but dont think im going to simply give you more money just because you 'need' to stay profitable.. If they're providing me service like information or ordering parts as I need or general advice, thats fine.. but honestly, I go online and draw information from 1000s of people instead of just a few local gunshop guys.. If they provide something else.. well thats up to you to decide if what they offer is worth it..

If they're simply refusing to perform transfers because they want a profit.. well, all i can say is "Grrrrr ". its not like the FFL process is cheap for consumers either.. It's still a source of revenue for them and if they want to turn it away, well thats their fault... i wont be using that particular aspect of their service...

PS... I apologize for hijacking the thread... I wont post anymore comments about my feelings toward FFL prices.. :)

anotherted
08-23-2006, 5:38 PM
pics, man.......friggin PICS!

HUTCH 7.62
08-23-2006, 5:41 PM
Good choice I love mine but it nickels and dimes me every time I go to the range I guess I'll have to start reloading.

anotherted
08-23-2006, 8:18 PM
If your only getting nickeled/dimed per shot you are doing better than even reloaders can. :p

Whitesmoke
08-23-2006, 8:38 PM
I do understand the process. I agree, you're essentially buying from your local FFL when you do out of state purchases. The only thing he is essnetially not doing is 'fronting' the money for the purchase. Thats what you do outside of him. He essentially will take "ownership" of the firearm and relinquish it to you once the paperwork is settled. As far as taxation goes, you're suppose to either pay the ffl the tax + dros and let him deal with it, or file the tax yourself and pay the State when the approriate time comes.. In either case, i somehow doubt California gets it's portion of this 'tax' money..

What bothers me is that if you find a gun from another FFL dealer and not a private individual, tehy wont do the transfer due to the nature of getting a better deal.?!?! I could be mistaken, but that's how I read it.

I know the arguments about service and supporting your local gun shop.. Honestly, it's a market economy, if you cant compete.. well, nice try.. but dont think im going to simply give you more money just because you 'need' to stay profitable.. If they're providing me service like information or ordering parts as I need or general advice, thats fine.. but honestly, I go online and draw information from 1000s of people instead of just a few local gunshop guys.. If they provide something else.. well thats up to you to decide if what they offer is worth it..

If they're simply refusing to perform transfers because they want a profit.. well, all i can say is "Grrrrr ". its not like the FFL process is cheap for consumers either.. It's still a source of revenue for them and if they want to turn it away, well thats their fault... i wont be using that particular aspect of their service...

PS... I apologize for hijacking the thread... I wont post anymore comments about my feelings toward FFL prices.. :)

I apoligize...you do understand it. And I do agree with you mostly.....I buy lots of my stuff online too. But I do understand why they don't want to help us do it. I will pay a "little more" to buy local....but not a hundred more or whatever.

Anyways...sorry for hijacking the thread...;)

EvolutionGSR
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Im glad you got your SA M1a National Match.. I wish i had the money for that, but I could only afford the loaded model...but im reading Metroshots policies regarding FFL transfers and it's a bit sketchy..

If waht Im reading is true, they wont do FFL transfers for guns that are cheaper than theirs (if they're from another gun dealer)... screw THAT.. Im not in the business of keeping them in Mercedes or BMW's... Im a consumer and Im not going to play into that game..

If they're not offering the best prices, well, they're just not likely to get my business

I think everyone is reading it too fast. I think that when he is talking about "This pricing" he is referring to the $45-$55 process fee in addition to the $25 dros plus tax fees. It says, "This pricing will not be honored with any other type of FFL dealer AS that undercuts our pricing programs." So I think what he meant was that he will not honor that price with another type of FFL dealer because those FFL dealers are undercutting him. I honestly don't know what that means I just pulled apart and explained the sentence a different way according to the words he used.

Anyway, he is on the forum so I'm sure he'll chime in soon. I met him once, really nice guy. I don't think that your understanding of his policy is accurate, I think it's just hard to understand. Maybe someone with more knowledge of different types of FFL's can tell us why it would make a difference, since he uses the phrase "other type of FFL dealers".