PDA

View Full Version : daniel defense or larue? whats the diff?

lazyman
08-22-2006, 4:54 PM
anyone know? I don't know which one to order. they both look the damn same to me. I know that DD has an aluminum locking nut but they sell a steel one as well. can anyone help me? which one has better build? dimensions? thank you:)

Jicko
08-22-2006, 7:55 PM
DD or Larue..... W H A T ! ? ! ?

Both of them make couple dozens of AR parts!!!

donger
08-22-2006, 8:02 PM
I think he's asking about FF rails.

They are both good products. I believe that the DD are a tad lighter. The Larue's have a more loyal following but you won't go wrong with either one of them.

Wes at MSTN sez that the Larue's are superior.

bu-bye
08-22-2006, 8:02 PM
I think he is talking about handguards. My good buddy asked the same questions and did a lot of research. Both were tested by the military and the the Larue was found to be the toughest and lightest (I think) of the bunch. DD was not far behind if much at all. My buddy bought both for different rifles and loves both. The DD has sharper edges on the rails but a few rail covers solve this problem. Both are great options and I would be happy with either. Lighter weight and better locking system does go to Larue though. Hope this helped.

Jicko
08-22-2006, 9:10 PM
I personally uses DD7.0, I love it.

And I'm trying to build a Mk12Mod1 SPR w/ a DD12.0.

Omega13device
08-22-2006, 9:21 PM
The DD rails are lighter and less expensive.

When someone asks "which is better" I always ask back, "better for what?". If you're punching paper then I don't think it matters which one you choose. The alleged superior "toughness" of LaRue (who knows how that is measured) doesn't really come into play. Wes at MSTN is building rifles for guys going into battle and unless you're planning on that level of hard usage I wouldn't worry about it.

PistolKidd
08-22-2006, 9:48 PM
The DD rails are lighter and less expensive.

When someone asks "which is better" I always ask back, "better for what?". If you're punching paper then I don't think it matters which one you choose. The alleged superior "toughness" of LaRue (who knows how that is measured) doesn't really come into play. Wes at MSTN is building rifles for guys going into battle and unless you're planning on that level of hard usage I wouldn't worry about it.

hahah a big +1... i agree completely.. "better for what?"

Unless you're going into harms way, get whatever one floats your boat.. If you actually are going to lay the smack down.. well shoot.. I'd probably solicit responses from the more "professional, high speed, low drag" type individual..

Im guessing, but i would think that most people on this forum are mall ninjas.. :D Me included..

Personally, I like LaRue, but thats strictly based on the service "i hear" they provide and the "look" of their Rails.. I have no idea if they're truly, quantitatively "superior"..

i think if you search using google or something, there's a weight comparison of the more popular forends in production..

As I said, get whichever one tickles your fancy.. I dont think you can really go that wrong.. :D

lazyman
08-22-2006, 10:09 PM
yes I meant FF sorry for the misunderstanding, so excited when typing the question :D. Anyways, by better I mean build quality, dimensions etc... but you guys have answered my question pretty thoroughly I guess they're pretty much even then huh? Thanks guys, I'll probably go with the Larue. The "live free or die" logo has won me over:D