PDA

View Full Version : Checking status of C&R Application

NagantHunter
08-22-2006, 2:44 PM
Does anyone know how to check on the status of a C&R app? ATF Cashed my check back in the beginning of June and I have not recieved anything from them to date?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. There's no reason for me not to be approved - very clean background.

ocabj
08-22-2006, 2:53 PM
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nlc/about.htm

Best I can give you while I'm at work.

NagantHunter
08-22-2006, 2:57 PM
Thank you sir. That should suffice!

grammaton76
08-22-2006, 3:42 PM
So far, it seems everyone has been taking almost on-the-dot, three months from the check being cashed until the license is issued. I posted about this earlier, and there's a fair amount of data to corroborate the 3-month figure.

rorschach
08-22-2006, 4:16 PM
Mine was almost exactly 3 months.

ocabj
08-22-2006, 4:43 PM
Weird. The agent handling the California licenses must be lagging now. I remember when I applied for mine 2 years ago, it took exactly 3 weeks to get my license.

Mine is due for renewal in March of next year. Hopefully I get the renewal application from them early enough so it doesn't lapse.

rick_in_lb
08-22-2006, 4:48 PM
MMMM on another forum I read the norm there is 3 - 4 weeks also. I hope mine takes 3 weeks since they charged my account last Thursday. I know I have to wait a little longer. I have more time to get my charge cards down a little more:D

-hanko
08-22-2006, 4:50 PM
Does anyone know how to check on the status of a C&R app? ATF Cashed my check back in the beginning of June and I have not recieved anything from them to date?.
Irrc, the Atlanta office handles licenses...call 'em, they'll give you an eta.

-hanko