PDA

View Full Version : Newb here.

Scoobaman17
01-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone my name is Chase. I have been searching around recently for a Steyr AUG and this web site kept popping up and then I decided to search for a California Forum site and this was yet again the first thing to pop up. I have my own 10/22 since I was a kid but would like to get myself a nice real gun or two. One handgun and one rifle.

I am very fond of the Bone Collector .500 Magnum but in reality I want something my girlfriend and I both can practice with and easy shoot.

On the rifle side I recently picked up a magazine with my favorite gun on the front. A Steyr AUG 5.56mm bullpup. I have loved this gun since I was a kid and here it is in reality. Is this a gun I can have in CA? I keep finding out there are clones but every time I search for it I find them not in stock or not showing if they are available in CA.

Anyway I am really just basically looking for advice on where to start for the handgun search and where I could find the answer for the AUG on this website. Thanks!

automatikdonn
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Welcome to Calguns

BayAreaShooter
01-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum. I can not help you with your AUG question but I am sure someone will chime in soon enough.

den888
01-23-2011, 9:26 AM
Welcome to Calguns!

bjl333
01-23-2011, 9:42 AM
Welcome to Calguns !!!

SoCal Bob
01-23-2011, 9:53 AM
Hi Chase, welcome to Calguns.

B Strong
01-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard, and please be sure to check out:

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

The AUG is a listed AW, and for all intents and purpses is not legally available.

Do a search for MSAR - that's a newly U.S. manufactured AUG clone that would qualify as an off list rifle and available, as long as the rifle was configured in a California compliant condition. Click the link at the top of the page: AW and OLL guides.

zod
01-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome to C.G. Chase. Plenty of info on here, so do your research. Check out the MSAR too, Microtech's version of the Steyr. Check out ratworxusa.com.

DeanW66
01-26-2011, 1:48 PM
Welcome aboard!