PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary Arizona CCW permit

xxsleepyxx
01-22-2011, 3:38 PM
Why does Arizona still issue and people still apply for CCWs when they are not needed to carry? Liability reasons? Extra safety net?

CavTrooper
01-22-2011, 3:39 PM
Reciprocity.

ENVYGREEN
01-22-2011, 3:42 PM
carry in bars, And also gun dealers appreciate not having to call in the background check. Also if your identity always puts you on a 3 day hold having a ccw permit avoids that hassle

hoffmang
01-22-2011, 4:22 PM
Also, it's not clear you can concealed carry in Arizona without a permit and not violate the Federal GFSZ act.

-Gene

dustoff31
01-22-2011, 4:23 PM
All the above plus exemption to the federal GFSZ law. Although that is not a major concern in AZ.

N6ATF
01-22-2011, 5:49 PM
Came across a Google search result (unrelated to my research, and not clicked on) that you don't need a permit to conceal in an alcohol-serving establishment IF you don't actually drink. Is that proposed, or current law?

jamesob
01-22-2011, 5:54 PM
as cav said other states honor az ccw permits.

dustoff31
01-22-2011, 6:02 PM
Came across a Google search result (unrelated to my research, and not clicked on) that you don't need a permit to conceal in an alcohol-serving establishment IF you don't actually drink. Is that proposed, or current law?

In AZ? Currently, you may not even enter an establishment serving alcohol when carrying unless you possess a permit. Only exception is to seek help in an emergency. You may not consume alcohol when carrying at all.

Possibly a new proposal. If so it hasn't been introduced yet.

N6ATF
01-22-2011, 7:09 PM
Hopefully it comes to pass, because drinking is a conscious act. Alcohol does not magically jump down people's throats in the vicinity. That prohibition is a slap in the face of the devout, rehabilitated alcoholics, and people like me who just choose not to drink at all because root beer is good enough.