PDA

View Full Version : curado v. citica?

sevensix2x51
01-22-2011, 3:04 PM
im gearing up for prespawn, and am thinking about upgrading my second pole. my go-to is a 7' crucial with a citica 200e, and its the best thing this poor boy has ever used. my two other rods are clarus, a 6'6 ml and a 7'6 mh. i mostly fish senkos and throw blades, and these rods fish only largemouth. im kind of stuck between the citica, which i love, and stepping up to a curado, probably a 300 for the 7'6 to throw big spinnerbaits. i think ive outgrown the 6'6, i dont fish dropshot heavily anymore (unless i cant get any action on my other methods), where the shorter, lighter action rod really shined. so, anybody own both? is it worth the extra money for the line capacity and quality? will probably step up to a crucial for this rod before the season gets in full swing, so that can be added to the equation... thanks!

jaime7818
01-23-2011, 8:51 AM
I used to have the same dilemma as you but with quantums. I started with the accurists and shimano convergence's. Now that I fish year around and have refined my skills, really love bass fishing, and fish year around. I stepped up to Quantum Energys', Tours, Revo STX', and poles between $100 and $200 dollar price point. Is it worth the jump from a Citica to a Curado? Of course it is if you appreciate the differences. If not, than its not worth it. The Cititca is a great reel, but if you appreciate the subtle differences, the Curado is worth the price point. Ebay is cheapest or you can watch the Reels 4 Sale section on Bassboatcentral.com. Later.

sevensix2x51
01-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I used to have the same dilemma as you but with quantums. I started with the accurists and shimano convergence's. Now that I fish year around and have refined my skills, really love bass fishing, and fish year around. I stepped up to Quantum Energys', Tours, Revo STX', and poles between $100 and $200 dollar price point. Is it worth the jump from a Citica to a Curado? Of course it is if you appreciate the differences. If not, than its not worth it. The Cititca is a great reel, but if you appreciate the subtle differences, the Curado is worth the price point. Ebay is cheapest or you can watch the Reels 4 Sale section on Bassboatcentral.com. Later.
thanks for the reply. i somehow lost consciousness yesterday afternoon, and woke up in the tackle shop. :D i went for the citica again, and bit the bullet on another crucial to huck blades.

Goldseeker
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Looks like I need to learn another language to fish...