PDA

View Full Version : Gravo

choprzrul
01-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I have been trying to find a single word that describes those who choose to try and oppress any of my civil rights in general, and my 2A rights specifically. In the English language, so many words are already politically charged or carry many definitions and meanings. I went in search of a Latin word that we can use to describe persons and actions that serve to limit our 2A fundamental civil rights. For your review:

Gravo (Latin), pronounced: gra_vō

From Here (http://latinlexicon.org/definition.php?p1=1006917&p2=g):
1. to make heavy, load, burden, weigh down, weight, oppress
2. [figuratively] to burden, oppress, incommode
3. to make more grievous, aggravate, increase

From Here (http://www.latinwordlist.com/latin-word-for/latin-word-for-burden-32461233.htm): The Latin word for Burden is Gravo, Gravo is defined as: to oppress, burden, make suffer.

Usage:

1. That Gravo is trying to steal my civil rights.

2. The Supreme Court has found that the 2A is a fundamental civil right, but this Gravo remains defiantly oppressive.

3. That Gravo doesn't like it when we exercise our 2A civil rights.

So, what say you? Time for a new term for the anti-gun fundamental civil rights oppressors?

N6ATF
01-22-2011, 1:13 PM
I think we need to bring back the word traitor (and enforcement of Article III, Section 3). Gravo sounds too Italian to me.

choprzrul
01-22-2011, 3:41 PM
Always italicize it to differentiate it. Latin words and terms are typically in italics. Once it starts catching on, it will become itegrated into youy stardard lexicon.

N6ATF
01-22-2011, 3:54 PM
Always italicize it to differentiate it. Latin words and terms are typically in italics. Once it starts catching on, it will become itegrated into youy stardard lexicon.

What are some other words that can be itegrated into youy stardard lexicon? :rofl:

choprzrul
01-22-2011, 3:58 PM
What are some other words that can be itegrated into youy stardard lexicon? :rofl:

I must formally apologize for my spelling fax paus while posting from my Android based smart phone's tiny keyboard. Sorry for the offense.

N6ATF
01-22-2011, 4:08 PM
Always on the lookout for the next "in case of kasos, consider open carring"...

NightOwl
01-22-2011, 5:46 PM
There's already plenty of words. *******, ****head, ****er, bastard, etc etc. Those are some of the words I use, anyway.

JimWest
01-22-2011, 6:37 PM
I think we need to bring back the word traitor (and enforcement of Article III, Section 3). Gravo sounds too Italian to me.

Yeah, you need a word that implies something more objectionable like bacterial or fecal related which connotes more accurately the nature of the subject. Gravo sounds to much like Grappa (and that's Greek) to me. And I know Italian and Grappa!

yellowfin
01-22-2011, 7:24 PM
I usually refer to them as sociopaths, as they clearly lack restraint of conscience and humanity for what they inflict upon others. They are morally and psychologically indistinguishable from serial killers.

Agent Orange
01-22-2011, 7:27 PM
The word doesn't convey the gravity of the situation.

wildhawker
01-22-2011, 8:31 PM
Doesn't work as a noun.

383green
01-22-2011, 9:48 PM
Doesn't work as a noun.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with nouning a verb. Just don't verb any nouns, though. Verbing nouns wierds language.

choprzrul
01-22-2011, 9:49 PM
...the search continues....

I wish that 'bigot' wasn't already taken.

wuluf
01-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Have you considered "moron"?

N6ATF
01-23-2011, 3:41 PM
Them being moronic is just an act. You don't get into positions of power with a chimpanzee's IQ. You do, however, set up your future trial defense by acting like one.

ancora
01-23-2011, 3:52 PM
Since most anti-second amendment bills come from the left side of the aisle, have you considered using the term democrat?

jdberger
01-23-2011, 3:58 PM
I find that the "F" word is useful in many situations. Noun, verb, adverb, etc.

But when I want to go Italian on them, I refer to them as Fascisti.