PDA

View Full Version : Any ways around my DL license ID not matching my utility bill?

mag360
01-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I moved to a new house down the street and never got a new DL. I have a couple guns on order and I'm guessing this is going to be an issue.

WTF can I do? DMV is going to take forever for a new license. Can I use my passport + utility bill?

halifax
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
What does the FFL who is receiving the guns you have on order say about it?

Do you have any other government-issued document that has both your name and current address on it (passport has no address)?

r0dent
01-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Disregard the following... it's wrong, DOJ no longer accepts DL43 brown cards (they used to in the past, not anymore)

You can fill out a "change of address" form and turn it in at the DMV... then they will give you a little brown card (DL43) and stamp it with today's date. Then you fill in your new address.

Theoretically this should be acceptable, but some places like Big 5 won't accept it. You may need to shop around until you find a place that will take it.

I just tried to buy a .22 rifle at Big 5... the manager there said he can't take my DL43 so I couldn't buy it. He said it's the new Big 5 chain policy. However he also said that they USED to accept D43's until October 2010.

mag360
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
my federal social security statement shows my current address that matches my utility bill?

B Strong
01-22-2011, 6:32 AM
Welcome aboard, and please make sure to check out:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=108030

r0dent
01-22-2011, 5:49 PM
I was at Turner's today, and was told that a DMV printout of your driving record (which can be had for $5) is acceptable evidence of your current address.

eltee
01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
How do temp licenses play into this?? Person is waiting for new license with pic, but only has a temp with the correct address, a passport (no address) and a utility bill with matching address. Is this enough to DROS a handgun??

mikaarce
01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Welcome, it happened to me and had to wait until my lic arrived.