View Full Version : Do RRA Uppers fit Lauer OLL's?

08-21-2006, 5:50 PM
Are they too loose, too tight or just right?

Matt C
08-21-2006, 6:00 PM
Probably a bit tight, but YMMV.

08-21-2006, 6:05 PM
Many, many folks report RRA uppers fit tightly on non-RRA lowers - sometimes to the extent that the takedown pin is difficult to remove....

Matt C
08-21-2006, 8:01 PM
Yes, I'm talking about the fit between the lower and upper but the only to really know how it will fit is to try it.

08-21-2006, 8:07 PM
on an opposite note.. my RRA lower is a perfect fit with my US Armory upper...

08-21-2006, 8:26 PM
In my limited experience, it seems like the only way to know how an upper and lower fit is best discovered when you fit them together. Other than that, it is hard to tell as tolerances vary.

08-21-2006, 8:29 PM
tight, loose, perfect.. YMMV

Tolerances are within a range.. so hopefully you dont get parts that aren't on the extremes..

Personally, I like'em tight.. but it doesnt affect ANYTHING if it's not... So long as i can pop the pin (without a tool) to break the rifle open, that's all i care about..

I dont know what the fascination is with having it super tight.. these things dont function the same as way pistols do...having it loose doesnt effect accuracy or reliability.. if it fits, go out and shoot it till something breaks or you find you need a new accessory to make it even more fun..

08-21-2006, 8:33 PM
I don't have a Lauer, but my RRA upper fits very nicely with my Ameetec.

08-21-2006, 8:35 PM
Is the fit so tight that the take down pin cannot be fully engaged or disengaged whatsoever?

I cannot speak personally. However I have repeatedly heard RRA uppers are 'tight' w/r/t other lowers so much so that some folks say they're out of spec.

It stopped me from getting some RRA uppers.

08-21-2006, 8:36 PM
My buddy had a Lauer with a RRA upper. Everything fit well for him.

Dont Tread on Me
08-21-2006, 8:52 PM
I have Falton and Lauer lowers with RRA uppers and the fit is just right. The RRA pistol grip was too tight to fit so I wound up buying replacements, not a big deal.

I'm amazed by the quality of RRA upper and really enjoy the two stage trigger. Here is a picture of my CAR A4 kit setup in CA legal dress.

http://images5.pictiger.com/thumbs/65/2f428d29a2a0c59d3998bdae9628a165.th.jpg (http://server5.pictiger.com/img/514165/picture-hosting/.php)

08-21-2006, 8:58 PM
I had a RRA upper on my Lauer OLL and it fit fine. If anything the pin was a tad bit loose, nothing you would really notice though. Other then that, everything fit well.

Comstock Lode
08-22-2006, 6:32 AM
I've got the RRA upper, Lauer lower, perfect fit. Also, I use the extended take down pin that I got from 10 %, which works great. Again, an absolutely perfect fit. In addition, I used the RRA lower parts kit with 2 stage match trigger... sooo sweet!

08-22-2006, 9:01 AM
my rra upper fits one of my lauer lowers nicely so that the takedown pin can be taken out with thumb.

the other laur lower is very tight , i use a hammer to put the pin back in and a punch to punch the pin out

08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
In my limited experience, it seems like the only way to know how an upper and lower fit is best discovered when you fit them together. Other than that, it is hard to tell as tolerances vary.

In my VAST amount of experience, this is the only way to get one that fits to your specs ie.....how you like it loosey goosey or mighty tighty.

They are very rarely so much out of spec that they won't work if you take a super fine file and remove some material.....follow up w/ ALUMA black to make it pretty.

Yes, I am talking about filing the upper rcvr only..........

We will try different uppers on your lowers or different lowers for your uppers so you get one that you like no problem...

08-22-2006, 10:10 AM
yea make sure u file the upper, not the lower.

08-22-2006, 1:38 PM
My RRA uppers fit fine on my LCW lowers. There is a little bit of play if you were to try to move the upper separate from the lower, but a $.03 o-ring takes out any play at all.