PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which would you rather have in California...

O8ZERVA
01-21-2011, 1:43 PM
Just wonderin'

Freebird
01-21-2011, 1:49 PM
Think you mixed the two :P

Luieburger
01-21-2011, 1:50 PM
Assuming that the normal mag release also means that I can keep all the other standard features on my AR, I'll take the normal mag release over the capacity. We can already use a standard mag release if we run :puke: featureless.

I'm confident that we will have both of these rights restored in the next ~5 years.

Don29palms
01-21-2011, 1:55 PM
I would much rather have the use of the firearm the way it was designed to be used. It should be my decisioin whether I want to use it single shot or belt fed or anything in between.

OleCuss
01-21-2011, 2:01 PM
I can't accept either of the poll questions. Either one accedes to a violation of our rights.

I'd also note that there's an equal protection issue. I already have a featured AR-15 and I can use 30 round mags with no bullet button - it's a RAW.

I have a real problem with the idea that others should not have the same or better just because they were not old enough, didn't have enough money, or didn't perceive the need for this kind of firearm before the "ban" went into place.

It's unacceptable.

O8ZERVA
01-21-2011, 2:09 PM
I have a real problem with the idea that others should not have the same or better just because they were not old enough, didn't have enough money, or didn't perceive the need for this kind of firearm before the "ban" went into place.

It's unacceptable.

I'm with you 100%

Mikeb
01-21-2011, 2:16 PM
I object that modern designs are some how EVIL. I could build one but I hate the fact that one has to dance around a lot of cosmetic issues to make something that is lawful. Really 19th century arms are legal but 20th century are not. Someone is going to soil themselves when they see what is developed in the 21 century... even if it's not developed in California.
take care
Mike

stix213
01-21-2011, 2:43 PM
If I could shoot beta C mags I wouldn't care what my mag release was since I would never need to use it :p

PhantomII
01-21-2011, 2:43 PM
For me, yeah it would be nice to occasionally use a 30 round magazine, but for most common instances while target shooting, 30 rounds just get eaten up too fast and I end up spending more money on ammo.
I have standard cap mags (more than 10 rounds) for some of my rifles, but I rarely use them even though as configured, they are perfectly legal.
I stick to 10 round mags for economy, but it would be nice to do away with the silly bullet button. It doesn't really slow me down, it's just a nuisance with no discernible effects on crime reduction.
(Criminals can use 100 round mags on a fully 'evil' rifle without worries because if your already going to violate laws against murder, what difference does a silly little weapons charge make? And if you're already a convicted felon, so much the better. You're already prohibited by law from having a firearm of any type so why not go for the gusto?)

Proper full answer, eliminate both restrictions, but if I had to choose one, it would be the BB.

Pred@tor
01-21-2011, 6:20 PM
I cannot even vote on this one since I get to use an AR the way it was supposed to be.

N6ATF
01-21-2011, 8:43 PM
No liberty, so... death.

jpigeon
01-21-2011, 9:02 PM
I want make cake and I want to eat it tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoxesOfLiberty
01-21-2011, 9:15 PM
Personally, I enjoy dumping 30-round mags out of my RAW ARs without the aid of a bullet button.

I'd like to be able to keep one of them handy as my truck gun, or loan one to my daughter when she wants to take it to the range.

Sgt5811
01-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Too many altruists here on calguns. We are all criminals in one way or another. I can't wait to make CA legislators eat crow. I say after all is said and done, we make a calguns commercial and air it as a public service announcement thanking the state senate for violating our civil rights and telling them to come join us.

R5CYA
01-22-2011, 1:09 AM
I can't accept either of the poll questions. Either one accedes to a violation of our rights.

I'd also note that there's an equal protection issue. I already have a featured AR-15 and I can use 30 round mags with no bullet button - it's a RAW.

It's unacceptable.

AMEN!

Munk
01-22-2011, 1:19 AM

It's unacceptable.

This right here, is exactly how I feel. Although I don't have an RAW ( age was a limiting factor), I do feel the same way about it.

xenophobe
01-22-2011, 2:06 AM
I would much rather be able to buy and register SBR and sound suppressors for my reg'd aw's. Oh wait...

Lrchops
01-22-2011, 5:37 AM
Neither! I would rather have pre 89 conditions. Full capacity mags, no bullet button. NO COMPROMISE!

NightOwl
01-22-2011, 6:36 AM

This. I did not vote on either of the poll questions, both are unacceptable options.

choprzrul
01-22-2011, 7:37 AM
Granted, both options truly stink, but the poll was which one you would rather have.

Personally, I would rather have stacks of 30 rounders sitting around and have a bullet button that is easily removed for SHTF situations. Just my opinion.

Side effect of the 30 rounders being legal would be all of my pistols being able to have normal capacity mags.

forgiven
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Normal mag release.

morfeeis
01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
i think any law that prevents me for owning the gun i want needs to be put to rest.

760knox
01-22-2011, 11:13 AM
BBs are just a hassle, if you needed to change out mags fast it could be a problem.

donw
01-22-2011, 12:34 PM
BBs are just a hassle, if you needed to change out mags fast it could be a problem.

that's EXACTLY what legislators and LE fear most...going up against some one with that capability...

Bhobbs
01-22-2011, 2:44 PM
that's EXACTLY what legislators and LE fear most...going up against some one with that capability...

The people they fear don't use BBs so the law fixed nothing.

PhantomII
01-22-2011, 3:18 PM
The people they fear don't use BBs so the law fixed nothing.

Exactly.

If a (semi*) wise but deranged mass murderer were to decide to take an EBR out and go gunning around town, I'd suspect they'd definitely eliminate their BB.
I doubt any restrictions on magazine capacity would enter their thoughts either.

And to be extra safe, They would also start in a GFSZ so as to reduce the possibility of anybody shooting back at them.

Visualize: Yeah dude, I was gonna go out and blast a bunch of mofo's downtown y'know, cuz I wuz like really pissed at the ol' lady but man, they done banned muh 30 roun' mags an I gots to have my ****ty lil 10 rounders locked in man. An 'sides man, they's a school just across the way man, I don' need no mo trouble wif da man. It jus' ain't wurf it. so I jus went home and chilled. Wish I could fire up a joint man, but that's agin' the law too.

Happens all the time, right?

*Semi in that there can be no true wisdom in any violent criminal act.

chris
01-22-2011, 3:26 PM
neither choice is acceptable to me. we should be able to use what ever magazine type and capacity as other people get to in other states. the 10 round limit is BS IMO and it will probably be gone soon anyways. so hold guys we may get to use all standard cap mags soon.

Carnivore
01-22-2011, 3:36 PM
My take would be to vote out any legislator that came up with this choice and vote in someone that would legislate for the 2nd Amendment.

Laser Sailor
01-22-2011, 3:41 PM
In the purpose of the poll I go with 30 rnd mags in a BB gun. It makes more tactical sense this way. The BB does nothing to slow my reloads.

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/finger-tip-magazine-lock-tool-black-378.html

FullMetalJacket
01-22-2011, 5:44 PM
I agree with all those asserting their right to both. However, that was not the question.

Of the two, I'd prefer regular mag release + 10 round limit. Unless I found myself in a warzone/surrounded by a Mexican drug cartel/chased by an entire biker gang, the 10 round limit would probably not inhibit effective defense. And, if there were a malfunction of some kind during a firefight, being able to drop the mag quickly without a tool could provide life-saving seconds to get the weapon operational again.

But, yes, I want both. (For the record, I own several RAWs.)

hcbr
01-22-2011, 6:30 PM
dang i wouldn't mind having to just have a regular bullet button if all required was just a 10 round mag!

bertinotti66
01-22-2011, 9:26 PM
In the purpose of the poll I go with 30 rnd mags in a BB gun. It makes more tactical sense this way. The BB does nothing to slow my reloads.

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/finger-tip-magazine-lock-tool-black-378.html

X2:chris: