PDA

View Full Version : Mail Order San Luis Obispo Question (Not AB962)

boomerbrad
01-21-2011, 1:19 PM
Hey,
Long time looker here, not a big poster.

I live in San Luis Obispo and was wondering how to find out if mail order ammo is legal here. I know it is still legal at the state level. What about local laws? Is there a database for all the counties?

Moress
01-21-2011, 1:28 PM
I live in Atascadero and I order ammo online. Theres nothing at the local level that prevents you from buying ammo online. The only thing that stopped me was AB 962, but thank God it was repealed, im actually about to order some .45 soon.

Werewolf1021
01-21-2011, 3:23 PM
As far as I know, there is no such ordinace in SLO. However, if you are living on Cal Poly Campus, you cannot keep ammo as it violates the, rather annoying, gun free zone act.

Penal Code 12316- (c) Unless it is with the written permission of the school
district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent
school authority, no person shall carry ammunition or reloaded
ammunition onto school grounds, except sworn law enforcement
officers acting within the scope of their duties or persons
exempted under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) of subdivision
(a) of Section 12027.

Pred@tor
01-21-2011, 4:03 PM
I used to Live in SLO county you cna mail order ammo dude I used to live in Arroyo Grande.

Ford8N
01-21-2011, 5:50 PM
One of the UPS guys that delivers in SLO county is a shooter. :43:

CaliforniaLiberal
01-21-2011, 6:18 PM
Hey,
Long time looker here, not a big poster.

I live in San Luis Obispo and was wondering how to find out if mail order ammo is legal here. I know it is still legal at the state level. What about local laws? Is there a database for all the counties?

Some mail order ammo sellers have screwy company rules about where they will or will not ship ammo that doesn't always reflect the actual law. Many of them have a feature to enter your zip code and find out if they will ship.

For example Sacramento City has had a law for years with some of the AB962 features requiring finger print and ID to buy ammo. Most online sellers won't ship to Sacramento City even though the City has specifically said that their local ordinance does not prohibit ammo shipments.

So even if you do research local laws you have to find out from online retailers where they will ship to.

Dick's Shootin' Irons
01-21-2011, 8:19 PM
Boomerbrad, Werewolf is right. As long as you are not living on the Cal Poly campus, you are fine to order and keep ammo in this county. Everyone, please keep the donations coming to calguns!!!!!!
Dick

boomerbrad
01-21-2011, 8:39 PM
Sweet, that opens up a lot of options now. Thanks a lot guys!

galekowitz
01-22-2011, 5:31 AM
I'm in Atascadero and shoot IDPA with residents throughout the county. No problems for them either.

Jack L
01-22-2011, 8:28 AM
I live on a ranch east of Creston, SLO COUNTY. UPS delivers my ammo with a smile and gives my dog a cookie too!

Kali-Jax
01-22-2011, 8:53 AM
Its the only option here that has a good price! I hate WalMart and the local stores are way overpriced.

Anyone going to the SLOSA range today?

galekowitz
01-23-2011, 8:17 AM
Come out to SLOSA on February 5th and shoot IDPA!!

Robidouxs
01-23-2011, 8:37 AM
I live in San Luis Obispo, in the city, not on Cal Poly campus. I have never had a problem having ammunition shipped to my door. I have read San Luis Obispo's municipal code and have not found anything regulating ammunition.

Phgun
01-23-2011, 12:27 PM
I live in SLO and ordered a few thousand rounds before the almost shipping ban. Oh and come to USPSA on the 12th, its more fun then IDPA.

NoahH
01-24-2011, 8:53 AM
Somewhat unrelated question, but does anyone know if Atascadero Arms will DROS a Saiga12? I received a yugo underfolder there a while back but they definitely gave me the stink eye about it.