View Full Version : Feeling like Rodney D.......

01-20-2011, 10:16 PM
I get no respect:)My last three coyote outings have not ended well. Outing one, I rushed the shot and missed on a nice big one. Later that night my 13 year old daughter nails her first coyote and we couldnt find it, it ran into some thick bushes and I lost the trail.
Just got back from another night hunt. Had a group of unknown number running to us just howlin their fool heads off. I was using the female long howl and they started howling back a good ways off. They ran a good distance and had to be just one or two hills over from us, no more than 500 yards. Never saw them but man they were close. Then we hear some ferals barking and they run the coyotes off. Tried callin the ferals in but they never came in.:(

01-21-2011, 2:09 PM
Keep a stiff upper lip, it happens. Sorry to hear of your daughters first 'Yote, tho. If she's been hunting long, I'm sure she understands. Sooner or later the luck changes, it always does. :thumbsup:

01-21-2011, 5:31 PM
She hunted a little last year but this year has gone alot more. She knows how it is. She will get em.