PDA

View Full Version : Fulton FAR-15

Mr. Ed
08-20-2006, 6:57 PM
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on one of these lowers?

Hopi
08-20-2006, 7:59 PM
Brownells had the if I remember correctly, but Fulton did back out of an early TPF purchase and used some very unfriendly language in his explanation for stiffing us in CA.

BTW, I have one and it is by far the worst of my lowers as far as machining and finishing is concerned. I only have it because of some very early networking in the OLL game, if i were buying one now with all of the easy choices available (Mega, stag, Mega, ameetec, Mega, etc), I would certainly pick another lower. Just my .02 cents...

anotherone
08-20-2006, 8:09 PM
The FAR-15 is kinda hard to come by... I think the ones that are out there all came from one group buy early on. Ever since Clint at Fulton Armory backed out on a deal with Ten Percent, Fulton Armory recievers have been boycotted by the Off-List scene.

Mr331
08-20-2006, 9:03 PM
Head over to Brownells and use your C&R for a discount. They have been shipping to CA since early December 2005. Fulton is no worse than Stag or most of the major players who still won't ship here direct.

Blue
08-20-2006, 9:06 PM
I've got two. The other guys are right, the finish machine work is pretty poor. But I don't care. They did back out but I don't care. It's an OLL and a step in the right direction. If you can get one and if its what you want, then go for it.

BigMac
08-20-2006, 9:06 PM
I got one from Brownells and its a nice reciever.

If I were buying one right now it would be an LCW.
Super nice fit and finish. They will still ship direct. They are 120.00 plus shipping.

NRAhighpowershooter
08-20-2006, 9:24 PM
I have 2 of the Fultons and the fit and finish is verry nice!!! A LOT better that the finish in my Rock River OLL

rorschach
08-20-2006, 10:29 PM
If I were buying one right now it would be an LCW.
Super nice fit and finish. They will still ship direct. They are 120.00 plus shipping.

+1

I gots me two Lauers. They have no qualms about telling the CA DOJ where they can stuff it.

anotherone
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Brownells is shipping lowers to California FFLs? If this is true I might have to buy a couple more... I'm on my way to 10 but after the 16th I might just have to stock up a bit more.

leelaw
08-21-2006, 1:11 AM
Hmm, mine works fine for me. The machining is clean, and after you let it marinate in CLP for a day, the finish looks great. YMMV

Mr. Ed
08-21-2006, 2:39 PM
I didn't know the guys from Fulton were so anti-CA. Now that I know that, maybe I should look into something else, but they do look nice from the pics I've seen. I just really like how it says "US Rifle".

tenpercentfirearms
08-21-2006, 4:04 PM
I wouldn't call them anti-CA so much. The DOJ just did a good job of calling them up and scaring the crap out of them and I got screwed as a result. If you like the looks, get one.