PDA

View Full Version : riflegear group buy keltec shotgun?????

JaMail
01-20-2011, 8:48 PM
you guys are one of the few local shops that i think could handle the logistics of a group buy of over 200 pieces

I would have no problem putting down a 300 deposit for it. if you guys got a couple hundred people signed up, would it be worth it for you?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP7HNDm3XUPuiG_Unl0nP_Vyq8EGxtF t2cglxxT6UxFQGvspWl4A

SoCalLA
01-21-2011, 2:46 AM
Not to threadcrap, but just to provide some insight on the KSG; there is a fundamental design flaw. If you hold the trigger to the rear while cycling the action, the trigger will not reset.

Being that muscle constraint under duress is a common reaction, the KSG may not be the best suited for HD. In turn, you have to eject a viable/live round to reset the KSG.

Disclaimer: This a 1.0 or beta product at best...awaiting final market results.

SHOT Show Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFw5Py1oY4

zushikikato
01-21-2011, 3:17 AM
I may be interested depending on the pricing of a group buy.

Soldier415
01-21-2011, 3:38 AM
Not to threadcrap, but just to provide some insight on the KSG; there is a fundamental design flaw. If you hold the trigger to the rear while cycling the action, the trigger will not reset.

Being that muscle constraint under duress is a common reaction, the KSG may not be the best suited for HD. In turn, you have to eject a viable/live round to reset the KSG.

Disclaimer: This a 1.0 or beta product at best...awaiting final market results.

SHOT Show Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFw5Py1oY4
Addressed this very issue with Keltec at SHOT. When the product ships, it will not ship with that trigger configuration. It will be a standard reset.

Marsoc1
01-21-2011, 3:52 AM
u got me at 14 rounds... Q3 2011 isnt a probably for me to be on board this, plenty of time to get my green flowing. :tt1:

Riflegear
01-21-2011, 5:37 PM
We've actually got these on order already. They will be selling in the store although we don't have a definite ETA so we won't take any pre-orders until we've got word from Keltec that they are shipping. That said, we cannot do a group buy per se but we'd be obliged to do the transfer for anyone who needed it.

hlcarbine
01-21-2011, 5:48 PM
How much does one cost

shark92651
01-21-2011, 9:45 PM
Just to manage expectations here a bit...

I need to dig through my pile of catalogs to get the actual brochure but as I recall the retail price of the KSG will be around $880. The product is not expected to ship until the "third quarter" of 2011 and there will be a huge pent-up demand for the firearm. Kel-Tec sells their firearms through distributors only so I imagine it will be difficult for any retailer to get their hands on more than a few of these at a time, especially from the initial production release, and those will be selling very quickly at MSRP so I wouldn't hold my breath for any sort of special discounted group buy pricing, at least not in the near future.

DannyInSoCal
01-21-2011, 9:54 PM
I'm in....

rimfire78
01-21-2011, 9:57 PM
Just to manage expectations here a bit...

I need to dig through my pile of catalogs to get the actual brochure but as I recall the retail price of the KSG will be around $880. The product is not expected to ship until the "third quarter" of 2011 and there will be a huge pent-up demand for the firearm. Kel-Tec sells their firearms through distributors only so I imagine it will be difficult for any retailer to get their hands on more than a few of these at a time, especially from the initial production release, and those will be selling very quickly at MSRP so I wouldn't hold my breath for any sort of special discounted group buy pricing, at least not in the near future.

Will you take pre-orders or will it be first come first served?

GlennG31
01-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Aw, man...I know the holidays just passed, but this is going to make a great 2011 Christmas gift......for myself! I think I'll wait a little bit to avoid the initial rush to buy these, and hopefully by Christmas-time they will be more readily available...hopefully. But it sounds like each shipment you get is going to be bought up just as soon as they get put on display...assuming they even make it out to the display.

1911Operator
01-22-2011, 12:24 PM
MSRP is around $800+

Jake71
01-22-2011, 7:03 PM
thats a lot of coin for a shotgun...

devilinblack
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
That's a lot of shotgun for the coin.

ChrisTKHarris
01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Do want.

GlennG31
01-23-2011, 10:14 AM
That's a lot of shotgun for the coin.

This. Dual feeding tubes and the ability to switch between them, so you could put buckshot in one tube and slugs in the other. What's not to like? I'm all over that.