PDA

View Full Version : How convoluted is this thought process- Arizona Shooting and CCW

n2k
01-20-2011, 2:34 PM
Arizona Aftermath: Permit-Free Carry Law Prevented Law Enforcement From Having an Opportunity to Stop Jared Loughner From Carrying a Gun, Says Mayors Against Illegal Guns (http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arizona-aftermath-permit-free-carry-law-prevented-law-enforcement-from-having-an-opportunity-to-stop-jared-loughner-from-carrying-a-gun-says-mayors-against-illegal-guns-114308069.html)

Being denied for a CCW would have really prevented him from doing this....:no:

dantodd
01-20-2011, 3:28 PM
Consider the source.

J.D.Allen
01-20-2011, 3:38 PM
OMG really?

Some people will just never get it.

Wherryj
01-20-2011, 3:44 PM
Arizona Aftermath: Permit-Free Carry Law Prevented Law Enforcement From Having an Opportunity to Stop Jared Loughner From Carrying a Gun, Says Mayors Against Illegal Guns (http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arizona-aftermath-permit-free-carry-law-prevented-law-enforcement-from-having-an-opportunity-to-stop-jared-loughner-from-carrying-a-gun-says-mayors-against-illegal-guns-114308069.html)

Being denied for a CCW would have really prevented him from doing this....:no:

So if there was a law against concealed carry he would have obeyed that law, but somehow he didn't want to obey the even STRICTER law against shooting other people?

Is someone who has decided to ignore the law against killing other people REALLY EXPECTED to obey a law against concealed carry???? If so, perhaps our country is further gone that we realize.

robcoe
01-20-2011, 3:46 PM
Yes, even though he planned on killing as many people as possable, the prospect of a misdemeanor for carrying concealed without a permit would surely have stopped him from bringing his gun.

press1280
01-20-2011, 4:05 PM
Same logic as banning hanguns and thinking this will stop gang shootings.Just ask the experts, DC and Chicago.

Don29palms
01-20-2011, 4:52 PM
What a crock of BS! Yeah all the laws they have now stop all the criminals don't they. Hell since we have laws too stop criminal activity I guess we don't need cops.

stix213
01-20-2011, 5:01 PM
You'd think they would just make a law against shooting people and this whole thing would be over with, no more people would ever get shot. I don't know why I have to think of all these brilliant ideas for everyone /s

At the same time we should make a law making it illegal to make less than $150k a year to fix the economy. I'm on a roll here!

Quser.619
01-20-2011, 7:01 PM
Too bad the law against killing people didn't work. Funny how they never apply the same reasoning when it involves something they'd prefer

illegalalienfromarizona
01-20-2011, 7:10 PM
Yeah, like Arizona is the only state where nutjobs open fire at random people. Right, Mayor Bloomberg?