PDA

View Full Version : Sportmens Guide is back to selling ammo to CA.

kAnJii
01-20-2011, 2:44 PM
Sent an email this morning to them about the overturn. Here is the reply:

Hello XXXX,
Thank you for your email.
We are back in business for ammo to CA. Same restrictions apply that were in place prior to this ban.

We do apologize for any frustration this may have caused for our customers.
If you have any questions please contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors!
Teresa Smith
Customer ServiceVisit our Website at www.sportsmansguide.com

ElvenSoul
01-20-2011, 2:51 PM
Nice!

Don29palms
01-20-2011, 2:52 PM
So what? There still in the same class as CTD.

kAnJii
01-20-2011, 3:02 PM
True. But I have no problems getting ammo from them. Cheaper than Dirt shipping cost was way too high. Any other companies I should check out?

Don29palms
01-20-2011, 3:05 PM
www.sgammo.com

Merc1138
01-20-2011, 3:07 PM
Aimsurplus, ammunuitiontogo, palmettostatearmory, grafs, bassproshop, luckygunner, wideners, and a dozen other vendors to buy ammo from besides CTD and SG.

Choptop
01-20-2011, 3:44 PM
Check out your locally owned gun shop. :D

beemaze
01-20-2011, 4:42 PM
Some ammo ordered over a year ago was backordered. They called me early January to let me know they were cancelling my order instead of waiting to see what may happen. I told them I have an exemption and they said sorry, but no. Too late for SG, they won't be getting my business anymore. Poor customer service and alot of their stuff was never in stock anyways.

llamatrnr
01-20-2011, 6:45 PM
Not to me, they're not; I'm taking my considerable business elsewhere

Baconator
01-20-2011, 6:57 PM
I thought we were not gonna support companies who banned all ammo sales to California.

xxsleepyxx
01-20-2011, 7:06 PM
tagged

ZombieTactics
01-20-2011, 7:09 PM
They've always done well by me.

Don29palms
01-20-2011, 7:57 PM
I thought we were not gonna support companies who banned all ammo sales to California.

I am among others!

beetle382
01-20-2011, 8:39 PM
I am new to the gun community and the only place I knew of for online ordering was ctd, now thanks to this thread I found some awesome deals , specifically SHIPPING costs. CTD was really giving it to me:mad:

inbox485
01-20-2011, 8:41 PM
SG (just like CTD) was a useless pariah long before this mess, and they still are. The only announcement they could ever make that I'd consider good news would have to have either "new management" or "Chapter 11" in it.

CenterX
01-20-2011, 8:45 PM
No Business from me - I got a negative email in 2009 that I lived in a banned county - Well that is BS. So I went elsewhere. Their legal department is inept. Just my 2 cents. I'm keeping the rest.

para38super
01-20-2011, 8:51 PM
www.sgammo.com

They have great prices, but how are the shipping prices?

Baconator
01-20-2011, 9:06 PM
I like ammoman. Prices seem good, shipping is typically free. The only thing I saw from them was about rifle ammo.

inbox485
01-20-2011, 9:16 PM
I had a good experience with ammo2go.

dfletcher
01-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Gee, will they sell me an M1 Carbine rear sight now? No - haven't bought anything from them for a few years, never shall again.

Don29palms
01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
SG,CTD, Aim Surplus, Surplus Ammo, PSA are all on my no buy list. SG Ammo and Midway are GTG!

zvardan
01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Same. No shippy to ccc. No thanks sportsman overpriced.

Wrangler John
01-21-2011, 1:40 AM
How about www.powdervalleyinc.com/ they don't carry everything, have Hornady, Lapua, Nosler, Privi Partisan and Wolf brands. Better place for reloading components than ammo.

CMonfort
01-21-2011, 1:56 AM
If any of you would like to support the companies who took an active role in the lawsuit that defeated AB 962, Parker v. CA, here is a summary of who did what.

Ables Ammo and RTG collectibles joined as Plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

Midway, CTD, and Natchez also submitted declarations in support of the lawsuit.

The participation of these companies is greatly appreciated, and it was a pleasure working with each of them. These companies were all very helpful. As was Luckygunner, who offered additional support.

woodsman
01-21-2011, 7:34 AM

I will not buy from them but will support those that were plaintiffs or witness for defense.

Sealawyer
01-21-2011, 7:58 AM
SG has always done right by me. Plus, you can spread out a big buy over 4 payments. And they have a million coupon codes out there. I can't fault them for freaking out over the whims of our "enlightened" legislature here; as one of the big boys, they would have had a big target on their backs and much to loose had AB 962 been enforced. But then again, if they would cut back on the every-other-day catalogs in my mailbox, they could probably reduce their prices...

Luckygunner and Palmetto are also good choices.

MoeSizslak
01-21-2011, 8:27 AM
I had a bad experience w/SG as well - I'll never buy from them either. Very slow shipping and bad customer service.

cmichini
01-21-2011, 8:40 AM
Check out your locally owned gun shop. :D

Buy a box of ammo and get a nice warm mug full of FUD.

Redleg61
01-21-2011, 9:01 AM
I never experienced a break in service from them, I just received 1000 rounds 7.62x39 two days ago and the same amount of 40 S&W a few weeks prior. SG has always done well by me, never tried cheaper than dirt.

devilinblack
01-21-2011, 10:50 AM
They have great prices, but how are the shipping prices?

My orders from www.sgammo.com (not to be confused with sportsman's guide) have all been shipped very quickly and as far as I can tell they charge actual shipping rates, no extra markup just because they can get away with it, like CTD is famous for. I recommend them to everyone now and have not heard of any problems.

jrau13
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
SG has always done right by me. Plus, you can spread out a big buy over 4 payments. And they have a million coupon codes out there. I can't fault them for freaking out over the whims of our "enlightened" legislature here; as one of the big boys, they would have had a big target on their backs and much to loose had AB 962 been enforced. But then again, if they would cut back on the every-other-day catalogs in my mailbox, they could probably reduce their prices...

Luckygunner and Palmetto are also good choices.

I agree and love that they will split payments over 4 months for larger orders. Makes buying 1000 rounds easier to swallow at times.

Sabot
01-21-2011, 3:25 PM
They won't ship ammo to Ventura County...and I don't know why?

barthel
01-21-2011, 4:31 PM
AND, they STILL won't ship perfectly legal AR parts (grips, rails, etc) to the PRK.

They're not getting one cent of my money.

ShooterDK
01-21-2011, 4:37 PM
I'd like to know is when do they plan to ship AR parts, tools to CA? You can't even buy a Volquartsen trigger for a Ruger 10/22???

jdogg2000
01-21-2011, 7:41 PM
SG can go f* themselves... I joined their club a while back and bought a bunch of ammo to be sent to my family member's house in San Diego when I was living in the city of LA. They wouldn't even do that since they said I lived in a restricted city. I called them to immediately cancel my club membership and even though I've moved out of LA, I haven't bought anything from them since.

Nate74
01-21-2011, 8:33 PM
SG can go f* themselves...

What Mr. JDogg said...

Seriously, not only did they decide to abandon us rather than support us on our fight against AB962, they sent out an email misrepresenting the law and trying to use it to drum up business.

For you guys who like their little coupons or think their shipping costs are good, maybe pro gun activism isn't for you. Sometimes fighting for a fundemental right is slightly more important than saving 10 bucks.

I'm gonna order form Ables for years now and YOU should too.

jpigeon
01-21-2011, 9:03 PM
Goody goody

Milsurps
01-21-2011, 9:05 PM
Sportmens Guide is back to selling ammo to CA.

Sent an email this morning to them about the overturn. Here is the reply:

Hello XXXX,
Thank you for your email.
We are back in business for ammo to CA. Same restrictions apply that were in place prior to this ban.

Yet again a vendor that didn't support us and choose to be a vendor of last resort. Their choice, my wallet. :D

IEShooter
01-21-2011, 9:15 PM
AND, they STILL won't ship perfectly legal AR parts (grips, rails, etc) to the PRK.

They're not getting one cent of my money.

Very true.

I would invite everyone to simply look at their catalogues and the shipping restrictions. Recent ammo issues aside, they refuse to ship even the most mundane, and perfectly legal things to California.

It is their right to remain undecated and discriminatory.

It is my right to spend my considerable dollars elsewhere.

joeyant
01-21-2011, 9:44 PM
SG is now learning that crow does not taste good.
Even deep fried.

SGAmmo
01-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Hello CalGuns people,

First I wanted to thank all our CalGuns customers who have supported us so much, our California customer base makes up about 20% of our sales volume and we are grateful for your support. We being the other 'SG' as in SGAmmo.com vs. the SG in SportsmansGuide I just wanted to make it clear that we at SGAmmo.com had planned on continuing to ship ammo from 'rifle ammunition', 'shotgun ammunition' and 'rimfire ammunition' categories of our website. Fortunately that will not be an issue now as AB962 is dead. One less thing to worry about for all of us. I hope to continue to sell CA customers anything I can within the law for as long as I am in the business, and congratulations to all of CA on a well deserved victory in court.

Thank you

Sam Gabbert
SGAmmo.com

Beelzy
01-22-2011, 8:26 AM
Whatever........They still bent over. :whistling:

Kavey
01-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Yesterday I received the 2011 SPRNG Shooting Supplies catalog from this "The Sportsman's Guide" outfit. I never requested their catalog and have no idea where they got my name and mailing address. After going through it (I love gun catalogs) I was horrified at their attitude towards potential customers in California. They seem to be paranoid about shipping anything into California that might in anyway be related to so-called assault weapons - including the 10/22! Here are some examples:

- page 15, AIM Sports 3-9x42 AR-15/M16 Rifle Scope
- page 57, AR-15 Forearm Disassembly Tool
- page 57, AR-15 Receiver Block (another tool)
- page 58, GMG Bipod Adapter
- page 59, Mako Dual Picatinny Attachment
- page 60, AR-15 Combo Wrench
- page 60, AR-15 Brass Catcher (YES, I said BRASS CATCHER!!)
- page 62, ProMag Archangel 556 RIFLE Stock for the Ruger 10/22
- page 64, Volquartsen TG2000 10/22 Trigger Guard
- page 70, M16/AR-15 A1/A2 Double Sight Tools
- page 71, Ruger Mini-14/30 Ranch Scope Mount

The above are just a few examples of what the people at Sportsman's Guide claim can not be shipped into California.

Please order your ammo and other items from somewhere else. The people at this outfit are not our friends.

dfletcher
01-23-2011, 1:03 AM
^^^
If you ever figure out a way to get OFF their mailing list please let me know - I've called, written and e-mailed to tell them to stop sending and after at least 3 years of the catalogs going straight into the trash they're still coming.

Beelzy
01-23-2011, 8:05 AM
^^^
If you ever figure out a way to get OFF their mailing list please let me know - I've called, written and e-mailed to tell them to stop sending and after at least 3 years of the catalogs going straight into the trash they're still coming.

When you quit the NRA, you fall off their list eventually. ;)

inbox485
01-24-2011, 9:01 AM
Yesterday I received the 2011 SPRNG Shooting Supplies catalog from this "The Sportsman's Guide" outfit. I never requested their catalog and have no idea where they got my name and mailing address. After going through it (I love gun catalogs) I was horrified at their attitude towards potential customers in California. They seem to be paranoid about shipping anything into California that might in anyway be related to so-called assault weapons - including the 10/22! Here are some examples:

- page 15, AIM Sports 3-9x42 AR-15/M16 Rifle Scope
- page 57, AR-15 Forearm Disassembly Tool
- page 57, AR-15 Receiver Block (another tool)
- page 58, GMG Bipod Adapter
- page 59, Mako Dual Picatinny Attachment
- page 60, AR-15 Combo Wrench
- page 60, AR-15 Brass Catcher (YES, I said BRASS CATCHER!!)
- page 62, ProMag Archangel 556 RIFLE Stock for the Ruger 10/22
- page 64, Volquartsen TG2000 10/22 Trigger Guard
- page 70, M16/AR-15 A1/A2 Double Sight Tools
- page 71, Ruger Mini-14/30 Ranch Scope Mount

The above are just a few examples of what the people at Sportsman's Guide claim can not be shipped into California.

Please order your ammo and other items from somewhere else. The people at this outfit are not our friends.

This is the start of the problem. Then you have all the other smaller vendors that take SG's shipping policies as legal advice. Then you have it as "common knowledge" that these things are illegal. Then when a ban comes around you have people saying, what's the big deal, I thought that was illegal already. eff Sportsmans Guide, and eff CTD for the same reason. Nobody who cares about CA gun rights should be giving these POS's a penny for anything.

When you quit the NRA, you fall off their list eventually. ;)

Are you saying that the NRA is selling it's mailing list to SG. If so, that is stink raising worthy. SG should be pariah to all gun owners.

jonyg
01-24-2011, 9:12 AM
Hello CalGuns people,

First I wanted to thank all our CalGuns customers who have supported us so much, our California customer base makes up about 20% of our sales volume and we are grateful for your support. We being the other 'SG' as in SGAmmo.com vs. the SG in SportsmansGuide I just wanted to make it clear that we at SGAmmo.com had planned on continuing to ship ammo from 'rifle ammunition', 'shotgun ammunition' and 'rimfire ammunition' categories of our website. Fortunately that will not be an issue now as AB962 is dead. One less thing to worry about for all of us. I hope to continue to sell CA customers anything I can within the law for as long as I am in the business, and congratulations to all of CA on a well deserved victory in court.

Thank you

Sam Gabbert
SGAmmo.com

I was just wondering if SG ammo had anything to do with Sportsmans Guide.

Guess I will still be ordering from SGammo