PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Plinkers!!!

anotherone
08-19-2006, 9:00 PM
I just wanted to give a HUGE THANKS to the Plinking crew and their hard work up in the El Dorado National Forest. I was up there today and WOW was it clean! The abadoned car was gone... all the appliances were gone, and even the computer and TV parts were gone!!!

Those of you who use the El Dorado National Forest for plinking PLEASE help and keep it this clean! It's so nice up there now!

atascadero
08-19-2006, 11:47 PM
What a great story. I just might have to make a trip up there!

We all need to be stewards to these ranges. Otherwise we give the other side more credible ammo against us and justified reasons for closing these ranges! I believe this includes reporting violators when seen. Write down thier license plate numbers, etc. and report them!

Don't let the bad ones bring us all down! :mad:

BigMac
08-20-2006, 9:36 AM
the sad unfortunet truth is those people that cleaned up will always clean up after themselves. Those A holes that left the stuff there to begin with will always be a holes.

atascadero
08-20-2006, 11:55 PM
the sad unfortunet truth is those people that cleaned up will always clean up after themselves. Those A holes that left the stuff there to begin with will always be a holes.

BigMac,

I agree but if possible, we need to report them and confront them in a safe way, if possible ( Never if you feel it might become violent in anyway! ). How many times have people left remote ranges because of drunks, irresponsible gun users or because of the litter/filth.

What we need to do is make thier behavior a negative for them. Then they will either stop or be penalized when reported.

In the end, the bad aspect of our sport is what carries the most wieght with the public. So, when possible, let's do our part curb that aspect.

Hop, I'm off my soap box now. :D

anotherone
08-21-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm just glad they didn't close down these areas already. I still remember that weirdo who purchased a house near a shooting spot because it was cheap and then complained about the noise until they shut down the shooting area. Bet he enjoyed seeing his home equity increase as a result of that government activity.

atascadero
08-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm just glad they didn't close down these areas already. I still remember that weirdo who purchased a house near a shooting spot because it was cheap and then complained about the noise until they shut down the shooting area. Bet he enjoyed seeing his home equity increase as a result of that government activity.

That just isn't right! He knew about the range when he bought so that was disclosed. He excepts that when buying.

Boy is our goverment screwed up. :mad:

BigMac
08-21-2006, 8:35 PM
BigMac,

I agree but if possible, we need to report them and confront them in a safe way, if possible ( Never if you feel it might become violent in anyway! ). How many times have people left remote ranges because of drunks, irresponsible gun users or because of the litter/filth.

What we need to do is make thier behavior a negative for them. Then they will either stop or be penalized when reported.

In the end, the bad aspect of our sport is what carries the most wieght with the public. So, when possible, let's do our part curb that aspect.

Hop, I'm off my soap box now. :D

I am all for it but where I shoot there isn't anyone to tell really.