PDA

View Full Version : Imbel FAL reciever

colin1
08-19-2006, 7:52 PM
I have a friend who has a Century Arms FAL bought before 2000 but was never reg'ed. As I was looking at it I noticed that the reciever is a Imbel reciever. When I looked at the list I couldn't find Imbel. Does this mean if he pinned the mag, simmilar to the DSA Kali Approved FAL he would be ok, or is that just wishful thinking?:confused:

blkA4alb
08-19-2006, 7:56 PM
Correct, if the receiver is not listed than it is currently only in violation of SB23. Pin the magazine (10 rounds) and he should be good to go.

SemiAutoSam
08-19-2006, 8:01 PM
You will also need a 10 round or 5 round mag.

DSA has the 10 round mags

Someone on here and Falfiles sells the maglock for the FAL rifle as well.

MisterDudeManGuy
08-19-2006, 8:10 PM
I have a friend who has a Century Arms FAL bought before 2000 but was never reg'ed. As I was looking at it I noticed that the reciever is a Imbel reciever. When I looked at the list I couldn't find Imbel. Does this mean if he pinned the mag, simmilar to the DSA Kali Approved FAL he would be ok, or is that just wishful thinking?:confused:

Entreprise Arms in Irwindale has a modified mag catch that is just the biscuit for building a FAL. Same set screw deal as the ARs. Imbel is not listed, and is not part of the whole OLL hoohah (that's mostly (all?) AR's) so it's definitly the way to go. Tapco makes a stripper clip upper cover, so you can go fixed mag with stripper clips - sweet! You could even WELD the mag in and not really care since strippers are too easy. Stripper clips, I mean.

Can't do THAT with an AR. :D

C.G.
08-19-2006, 9:12 PM
Tapco makes a stripper clip upper cover, so you can go fixed mag with stripper clips - sweet!

Tapco no longer sells stripper clip covers - discontinued.

semitch
08-20-2006, 9:16 AM
The Dealer's Wharehouse had stripper clip covers a couple of months ago.

thedrickel
08-20-2006, 3:53 PM
Don't listen to them - it's contraband. I'll kindly take it off your hands and dispose of it for you (after the DROS ;) ) for a couple hundred bucks. PM me! :p