PDA

View Full Version : What Am I Missing?

Barkoff
01-19-2011, 2:51 PM
Am I wrong in my perception that threads in regards to Jerry Brown and gun law in CA get shut down and locked faster than any other subject matter on the forum? I would think discussion of CA gun rights and our current governor to be pretty pertinent stuff, why am I sensing it is discouraged?

383green
01-19-2011, 2:53 PM
Maybe blind speculation about what he may or may not do in the future about laws that haven't been written yet isn't considered to be an effective use of forum real estate? ;)

wash
01-19-2011, 2:59 PM
IBTL

Just kidding, I haven't seen threads like that locked unless they were dupes.

edwardm
01-19-2011, 3:00 PM
I don't think it is discouraged so much as it is pointless to tilt at hypothetical windmills.

I doubt thread death will be the case when there are legitimate, real issues to hash out, discuss and B&M over. :)

383green
01-19-2011, 3:11 PM
Maybe JB speculation threads were nuked because they were getting in the way of important threads about online polls? :stuart:

stix213
01-19-2011, 3:31 PM
You mean like the thread about whether JB would veto a hypothetical law replacing AB962 before anyone has even written it? I have no idea what it was locked...

383green
01-19-2011, 3:33 PM
You mean like the thread about whether JB would veto a hypothetical law replacing AB962 before anyone has even written it? I have no idea what it was locked...

Maybe we should start a few threads with polls asking forum members why they think the thread was locked. :p

pitchbaby
01-19-2011, 4:20 PM
Maybe there is a secret Calgun's admin working in JB's office.

N6ATF
01-19-2011, 4:23 PM
Because people insist on ignoring all the pro-gun things he's done, and accuse him of being just as bad as Paul Helmke, Juliet Leftwich, and Karen Arntzen all rolled into one?

hawk1
01-19-2011, 5:26 PM
Maybe JB speculation threads were nuked because they were getting in the way of important threads about marijuana? :stuart:

Fixed that for ya...;)

383green
01-19-2011, 5:42 PM
Fixed that for ya...;)

But... but... what will JB do if there's a poll on CNN about the UN finding a high-cap mag in a sack of marijuana out in the desert after February 1! :willy_nilly:

OleCuss
01-19-2011, 5:56 PM
Personally, I think things are getting locked up a little soon.

I guess I don't care all that much that they were, but the thread about an AB962 would have been interesting as an exploration of the likely attitude of the legislature and the governor as well as the influence of the courts on the future behavior of the legislative and executive parts of our state government.

Personally, I think there'll be an attempt to draft the legislation and that it will fail at some level - but I'd have been very interested in seeing what others thought and why.

hoffmang
01-19-2011, 5:59 PM
It looks to me like AB-962 related conversation JB or no JB, is being directed towards master threads.

-Gene

HUTCH 7.62
01-19-2011, 6:10 PM
Maybe there is a secret Calgun's admin working in JB's office.

:TFH:

OneFunGuy
01-19-2011, 7:38 PM
Yes they are pulling threads and doing weird stuff.
I AM NOT HAPPY ... with these commies.
I did a lot of work only to be censored and cut ...

Who is running this joint anyway ... I A M S O U R I N A T E D !!!!

Tommy Jansson in Boulder Creek. Show me your face!

383green
01-19-2011, 7:48 PM
That's not likely to go over very well here, Tommy.

OneFunGuy
01-19-2011, 7:54 PM
I know ... got angry, couldn't control fingers.

383green
01-19-2011, 8:00 PM
Relax. Eat a sandwich or something. There's no conspiracy here, and the folks running this board are not commies. They're some of the most hard-core pro-liberty folks I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Sometimes things get a bit out of hand and they need to do some pruning, and often things get pruned before most of us have a chance to see the post that crossed the line (which might not have even been yours, anyway).

edwardm
01-19-2011, 8:34 PM
I know ... got angry, couldn't control fingers.

My friend Rex lives in Boulder Creek. I'm sure he'll show you his face. :P

GrizzlyGuy
01-19-2011, 8:43 PM
Who is running this joint anyway ... I A M S O U R I N A T E D !!!!

Chill Tommy, Chill. There is no need to urinate all over yourself. ;)