PDA

View Full Version : Grannies packin heat

1jamie@ogas
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Came across this story this morning. A 60 year old woman found some people trying to force their way into her house so she fired her gun to scare them off. Thought some of you might be interested so here is the link.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/01/19/citrus-heights-woman-fires-gun-to-scare-off-burglars/

N6ATF
01-19-2011, 1:03 PM
Warning shots make Hulk...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/972372_f520.jpg

The only appropriate warning shot for a violent felon about to harm you is center of mass.

yellowfin
01-19-2011, 1:08 PM
Agreed, a "warning shot" is a negligent shot. Every projectile not accounted for is a liability, so to be safe put them where they belong and there only.

Glock22Fan
01-19-2011, 1:39 PM
Agreed, a "warning shot" is a negligent shot. Every projectile not accounted for is a liability, so to be safe put them where they belong and there only.

Whereas I agree that you shouldn't shoot until you can justify center mass, I disagree that a warning shot is necessarily a bad shot. Why is a warning shot necessarily unaccounted for? Can you not fire a warning shot into an earthen bank or berm at some safe distance? Assuming that you have one nearby of course.

And you know, unless you know something that isn't in that article, she didn't necessarily fire any warning shots. She had men trying to break in at her front and back door and started shooting. Hopefully she was aware of the possibility of overpenetration and blue-on-blue, but there's no reason to think she wasn't. If I fired through my back door, stray bullets would hit a hillside some twenty yards away. Through my front door and there's one house some several hundred yards away, so that would be unwise.

The woman said she heard noises at her front door. When she looked through the peep hole she saw a man trying to enter. She also saw more men trying to enter through her back door.
So she grabbed her gun and started shooting.
Police did not find any suspects but did find evidence of an attempted burglary.

N6ATF
01-19-2011, 1:45 PM
I just don't get why people shoot up their own houses with warning shots. I can understand if you have a clearing barrel or 1st round is a primer-only, but then why even have a gun if you're not prepared to risk taking a life* to save your own (or any innocent's)?

*most handgun wounds are non-fatal

maddoggie13
01-19-2011, 1:52 PM
Few doors down, my 92 years old friend always has her S&W .32 long revolver . Very nice old lady and can out shoot almost anyone.