PDA

View Full Version : AB962 re-do

Andy Taylor
01-19-2011, 7:12 AM
OK, we won! But only because AB962 was vague. It is undoubtable that they will try again. Many here felt that Jerry Brown was the 2A candidate in the last election. Or at least not as anti-2A as E meg. He did support our case in McDonald. He is also very frugal and knows the high cost to the state to defend this sort of thing in court He also knows that a replacement bill will likely go down in defeat as well. I think there is a good chance that Brown will veto a replacement bill. Do you think Brown will veto such a bill?

bob7122
01-19-2011, 7:17 AM
yea

scroman
01-19-2011, 7:41 AM
Kalifornia Uber Alles

timdps
01-19-2011, 7:43 AM
Will they try again knowing that there are two MORE suits just waiting to be filed against a revised law?

Tim

CessnaDriver
01-19-2011, 7:43 AM
Moonbeam has a lot of shiny objects to chase now, it's going to task his peanut brain.
Maybe he won't notice.

Reductio
01-19-2011, 8:29 AM
Will they try again knowing that there are two MORE suits just waiting to be filed against a revised law?

Tim

The legislature? For sure, they're not the brightest bulbs on the block. Brown may well veto it and put on a good show about knowing it wouldn't pass the courts, and not wanting to waste state funds at this time....

Matt3989
01-19-2011, 8:31 AM
I'm pretty sure he will veto it. Heck, a good chunk of his votes were from people who liked his 2a stance. Any successful re-election would be crippled if he let us down.

bodger
01-19-2011, 8:34 AM
I agree with Reductio, If he did veto it, he could always say his reasoning for doing so was that AB962 got overturned in the courts and he predicted a similar fate for the re-do bill, so why not veto it and get on with more pressing business instead of jamming up the judicial system.

bulgron
01-19-2011, 8:47 AM
I think that if Brown has to throw the 2A under the bus in order to get the legislature to play ball on a sane and reasonable budget, he'll do it without breaking a sweat.

motorhead
01-19-2011, 8:49 AM
don't think it'll ever reach his desk. it took many attempts to get the original pos through.

stix213
01-19-2011, 9:26 AM
don't think it'll ever reach his desk. it took many attempts to get the original pos through.

This is what I think too ^^^

The legislature already tried last session to get a bill through that would have dodged the vagueness argument, and they couldn't even get it to the RINO's desk. With AB962 gone now I think its even less likely they could get it pushed through today.

bigstick61
01-19-2011, 9:43 AM
I'm pretty sure he will veto it. Heck, a good chunk of his votes were from people who liked his 2a stance. Any successful re-election would be crippled if he let us down.

I think you overestimate both our impact and our influence (gun owners) on his election. I think there's a good chane he would let it become law with or without his signature and if the legislature uses it as a means to get something in exchange for helping Brown with the budget I think the chance of it rises to nearly 100%. If it means he can get votes to accomplish what is actually important to him he will go against the RKBA in a heartbeat. IMO, anyways.

Milsurps
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Moonbeam will sign it or allow it to go into law without signing.
He's going toss 2A under the bus, not his Libtard base. :mad:

Jack L
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
With all the problems CA has, it would be weird to have politicians wasting time on this failed bill. The people are going to start freaking out on these large budget cuts. No one wants their project cut so it will be a free for all. I can't see ammo sales taking priority. Not to mention the DOJ has no money to enforce it.

Reductio
01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
With all the problems CA has, it would be weird to have politicians wasting time on this failed bill. The people are going to start freaking out on these large budget cuts. No one wants their project cut so it will be a free for all. I can't see ammo sales taking priority. Not to mention the DOJ has no money to enforce it.

Because we didn't have any problems last year? :sleeping:

Interloper
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
I have precisely zero faith in his pro RKBA reputation. It's a myth that liberal/union California gun owners have fabricated for him.
I don't think he's worried about a second term either.

Jack L
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Because we didn't have any problems last year? :sleeping:

It's already stared. Just wait for Jerry (the state) to be overloaded with litigation as the budget unfolds. Anything is possible but I see the state's resources more limited to serious matters, not ammo sales.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-court-medicaid-20110119,0,405868.story

Librarian
01-19-2011, 1:24 PM
So, let's hold on this question until such a bill gets out of its first house. Speculating about the governor signing non-existent bills is pointless.