PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recomend some good hunting land in SoCal?

superbart3000
01-19-2011, 1:09 AM
I used to do dove, quail, and pheasant hunting in the Lancaster/antelope valley area. I mainly hunted on public land, but since all the houses have been built closer and closer to where I used to hunt; I doubt if it is still zoned for that. Does anyone have any suggestions for some decent hunting areas?

Hunt
01-19-2011, 2:06 AM
what do you want to hunt? is it in season?

superbart3000
02-18-2011, 1:38 AM
Dove, quail, pheasant, jack rabbit, maybe some coyote.

professionalcoyotehunter
02-18-2011, 8:17 AM
There is still a little room to hunt out here in the AV you just have to know where to look. How far are you willing to travel?

olhunter
02-18-2011, 10:14 AM
All of the national forests. We're surrounded by them. Get some maps on their websites and have at it.

Hunt
02-18-2011, 9:44 PM
any where there is public land in San Diego County is good for yotes and rabbits, some areas better than others for quail and dove. But yotes everywhere out here

superbart3000
02-19-2011, 8:03 PM
There is still a little room to hunt out here in the AV you just have to know where to look. How far are you willing to travel?

Well, I have family that lives in palmdale. I'm sure they would let me stay over a night or two, so I wouldn't have to drive from LA to AV. So I guess, maybe up to Bakersfield. Any further than that and I'd have to stay with my family in Visalia, and they don't like me as much.

superbart3000
02-19-2011, 8:08 PM
All of the national forests. We're surrounded by them. Get some maps on their websites and have at it.

I was going to look into that, but I'm more used to desert terrain and wildlife. But I've been considering hunting in forests. I have friends who go deer hunting, seems interesting. A lot different than rabbit or dove though, that's for sure. All I used to use in the dessert was shot guns and maybe a .22 rifle for rabbits. I recently have been getting into higher power rifles, which would be great for deer. So, I'll definitely look into that in the future.