PDA

View Full Version : What's next...

HowardW56
01-18-2011, 6:21 PM
Now that the AB-962 battle is won. (unless the state is successful in the court of appeals)

What is the next battle…

wildhawker
01-18-2011, 6:25 PM
Stay tuned for lots of fireworks. :43:

(I think an ammo ban/reg will be back this legislative cycle.)

hoffmang
01-18-2011, 6:26 PM
The next outcome of a battle is Nordyke which will be instructive of what sort of battlespace we're really fighting in here in CA9...

-Gene

Saym14
01-18-2011, 6:28 PM
my vote is to go after the roster. then 10 round limits, then CCW.

Saigon1965
01-18-2011, 6:28 PM
Damm it - They sure have lots of money to waste -

damon1272
01-18-2011, 6:30 PM
Gene,
Thank you and all the CGF board members for keeping up the fight. We all own you and CGF a debit of graditude. Thank you!

hoffmang
01-18-2011, 6:54 PM

Roster and carry permit cases are already filed. 10 round magazine limit is underway but not yet filed.

-Gene

HowardW56
01-18-2011, 6:57 PM
Roster and carry permit cases are already filed. 10 round magazine limit is underway but not yet filed.

-Gene

Gene

I love your little hints...

This is the first mention of an attack on the 10 round magazine limit that I have seen...

:D :43: :D

hoffmang
01-18-2011, 6:59 PM
Gene

I love your little hints...

This is the first mention of an attack on the 10 round magazine limit that I have seen...

:D :43: :D

You've clearly skipped the really long "large-capacity magazine" threads then :43:.

-Gene

BigDogatPlay
01-18-2011, 7:01 PM

No question in my mind. Mr. DeLeon will keep coming back to the well for as many times as it takes to screw us, or until he is termed out. Which ever comes first.

And it's up to all of us to stay tough, keep donating and make sure his getting termed out happens first. :D

HowardW56
01-18-2011, 7:04 PM
You've clearly skipped the really long "large-capacity magazine" threads then :43:.

-Gene

I will admit that I have, when the threads go on and on complaining about the limit on magazine capacity, I tend to skip them. I don't blame people for being frustrated and making their displeasure known, but I do tend lose interest after the first 100 threads and 10,000 posts complaining about a law or regulation….

GrizzlyGuy
01-18-2011, 7:08 PM
I will admit that I have, when the threads go on and on complaining about the limit on magazine capacity, I tend to skip them. I don't blame people for being frustrated and making their displeasure known, but I do tend lose interest after the first 100 threads and 10,000 posts complaining about a law or regulation….

I'll help you out:

Glimpse of the Future (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5483662#post5483662) (read up and down from there)

Summary of Older (but probably relevant) History (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=5603349&postcount=360)

N6ATF
01-18-2011, 7:29 PM
No question in my mind. Mr. DeLeon will keep coming back to the well for as many times as it takes to screw us, or until he is termed out. Which ever comes first.

Or he gets prosecuted for treason. Oh wait, that's if the government actually had any integrity.

hoffmang
01-18-2011, 8:05 PM

Don't get me wrong - I understand why one would not open one of those threads.

-Gene

Dreaded Claymore
01-18-2011, 9:23 PM

YA SRSLY. Hoffmang and his team of Calguns saboteurs are planting C4 charges on California's magazine restriction even as we speak. When Gene gives the word, the ten-round limit will be annihilated in an orgy of explosion. (Sorry, I'm excited because I just checked out Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy from the library.)

Saym14
01-18-2011, 10:19 PM

-Gene

hurray!!! I smell victory in the air.

Anchors
01-18-2011, 10:23 PM

Really? I think CCW and the roster come first as they are the largest clear infringements. 10 rounds is bad too, but I can wait on that. Reloading isn't slowing down criminals (the supposed intent), but it sure is saving me ammo money :D haha

Damm it - They sure have lots of money to waste -

Yup, wonder where they are getting all that money from :rolleyes:
I wonder if my DROS fee goes straight into fighting gun owners or just the rat's pockets who are behind it.

pitchbaby
01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I like hi-cap mags, but don't need them to have a good time and can't carry a gun anyway. It doesn't matter that the cool guns aren't on the roster because, AGAIN, I can't carry anyway. I say we go after the CCW first then worry about the rest. Without CCW, the removal of these other restrictions is relatively meaningless.

ale014
01-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Really? I think CCW and the roster come first as they are the largest clear infringements. 10 rounds is bad too, but I can wait on that. Reloading isn't slowing down criminals (the supposed intent), but it sure is saving me ammo money :D haha

I agree with your order...i would prefer roster, ccw, then 10 round mags...

wait for it....

-Gene

YES!

77bawls
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Wasn't the roster filed years ago but was waiting on Nordyke?

Purple K
01-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, the roster case was filed in 2009. It's Pena v CID and it's stayed pending a decision in Nordyke. The Nordyke decision is almost ripe and ready to be plucked from the tree any day now.

the_quark
01-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes. The order we chose was roster, ccw, 10-rounders. Roster was filed almost two years ago, and is (ridiculously) still stayed pending Nordyke. CCW was filed two months later, and is currently progressing after we got a settlement out of Sacramento county.

10-rounders, as Gene alluded to, aren't filed. Yet. :)

winxp_man
01-18-2011, 11:34 PM
I can see all gun owners in Kommifornia yelling FREEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMM at once when all of these wonderful events take place.

Thanks to Gene and every Lawyer fighting the good fight.

mikaarce
01-19-2011, 6:11 AM

-Gene

now to sit, read, and wait. :King:

Wherryj
01-19-2011, 10:40 AM
YA SRSLY. Hoffmang and his team of Calguns saboteurs are planting C4 charges on California's magazine restriction even as we speak. When Gene gives the word, the ten-round limit will be annihilated in an orgy of explosion. (Sorry, I'm excited because I just checked out Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy from the library.)

I tend to see the CGF as the bomb squad that comes in to defuse the destructive devices illegally implanted by the CA legislature-at great cost and personal (reputation) risk to boot.

stix213
01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
It might be best to hold off on filing the 10 round limit case until the Tucson shooting and associated calls for a national ban on high caps drop out of the current news cycle. If filed today I could see it getting extra unwanted attention.

wazdat
01-19-2011, 1:34 PM
When Gene gives the word, the ten-round limit will be annihilated in an orgy of explosion.

Oh, that's going to make a good signature line for someone... :rofl2:

hoffmang
01-19-2011, 6:58 PM
It might be best to hold off on filing the 10 round limit case until the Tucson shooting and associated calls for a national ban on high caps drop out of the current news cycle. If filed today I could see it getting extra unwanted attention.

We still have enough steps required in the set up for that challenge that the requisite calming window will have occurred.

Once the challenge is disclosed, it will be much more obvious why it took some time to lay the groundwork.

-Gene

Ding126
01-19-2011, 7:03 PM
We still have enough steps required in the set up for that challenge that the requisite calming window will have occurred.

Once the challenge is disclosed, it will be much more obvious why it took some time to lay the groundwork.

-Gene

Has goose bumps :D

pitchbaby
01-19-2011, 7:07 PM

-Gene

Just a touch on the ominous side, isn't it.

yellowfin
01-19-2011, 7:08 PM
Plus the offensive in the east, creating useful precedent, circuit splits if necessary, and dividing the enemy's attention and resources...

1911su16b870
01-19-2011, 7:09 PM
Gene, Where/When do you see a challenge to 12276PC and the "RAW but we don't allow registrations" system?

bombadillo
01-19-2011, 7:10 PM
Roster, "AW's", CCW are my main concerns. I can deal with ten rounds for the most part although I think it is a law that is pretty ridiculous as far as those things are concerned. I would love to go all the way to becoming a cash and carry state although that will never happen here.

hoffmang
01-19-2011, 7:12 PM
Gene, Where/When do you see a challenge to 12276PC and the "RAW but we don't allow registrations" system?

:twoweeks:

Seriously though, very soon. If you think about the caseload of the right people you'll understand why we haven't had a chance to get there yet. Now, we might have already quietly challenged it...

-Gene

pdq_wizzard
01-19-2011, 7:31 PM

Seriously though, very soon. If you think about the caseload of the right people you'll understand why we haven't had a chance to get there yet. Now, we might have already quietly challenged it...
-Gene

you sure like to put us through the ringer don't you :o

Milsurps
01-19-2011, 7:38 PM

-Gene

With this and AB 962 being struck down. I just have to do it...

I'm doubling my Monthly Auto Bill Pay to the Calguns Foundation !
Join me Folks. :D

1911su16b870
01-19-2011, 10:30 PM

-Gene

Excellent :D

gunsmith
01-20-2011, 9:10 PM
imo CCW is the most important, you have to be alive to enjoy your rights.