PDA

View Full Version : AB962 - My public appologies to those who defeated it

thrasherfox
01-18-2011, 4:52 PM
I just wanted to say that I am knew to this board and my past experiences in California in regards to anyone trying to defeat more gun regulations has left me with a sour taste in my mouth and very disappointed.

This attitude I have recently found out was more due to my own ignorance than anything else. My lack of involvement. I was one of those people that would sit around in my day to day life and thinking

"WTF!! why cant I have an AR-15"

"WTF!! why cant I have a 50BMG"

"WTG why cant I have high capacity magazines!!"

"Why isnt anyone doing anything about it!!"

I did all this complaining without aligning myself with the people who knew what was going on.

I did all this complaining without knowing the full picture. But more importantly without TRYING to understand the full picture or to try and do something about it.

This AB962 issue pushed me to understand more. And with the better understanding came a realization of how much people really are out there going to bat for lame people like me.

So I want to apologize for my lack of faith, for my criticisms and my pessimistic attitude, but more importantly thank all of you who were actively involved in defeating AB962.

My intentions are to become more active and pro-active in regards to our gun rights and to try and be aware the minute some idiot attempts to push something else through.

I totally agree with the comment that was made in the AB962 thread. the time to get involved, to protest, to send thousands of letters and emails off is BEFORE a bill gets signed. not after it.

from this day forward I vow to try my best to become more active, to try and learn about these issues when they are a mere whisper and to do my best to spread the intent of the minds who whisper in the darkness their plans to take our rights.

Thank you again to all who helped defeat this. we are all in your debt.

socal-shooter
01-18-2011, 4:57 PM
nice

the_quark
01-18-2011, 5:03 PM
Thank you, as one of the people that talked with you previously, that was very gracious.

Not to rain on our parade, but I do want people to be prepared for the fact that the legislature will probably now try to introduce "fixit" regulation to actually define what "handgun" ammunition is, and it wouldn't surprise me if it passes.

We'll then be able to use the CGF case to overturn that. Everyone be prepared for it, though.

Dutch3
01-18-2011, 5:14 PM
I did all this complaining without knowing the full picture. But more importantly without TRYING to understand the full picture or to try and do something about it.

This AB962 issue pushed me to understand more. And with the better understanding came a realization of how much people really are out there going to bat for lame people like me.

So I want to apologize for my lack of faith, for my criticisms and my pessimistic attitude, but more importantly thank all of you who were actively involved in defeating AB962.

Welcome to the Democratic Process, thrasherfox.

I am sure you will become more involved as a citizen as time goes on. It's good to have you. Make sure you exercise your right to vote, too!

-D