PDA

View Full Version : Any Off-List .308 AR Type Lowers?

tacticalcity
08-17-2006, 3:09 PM
Are there any off-list .308 AR Type lowers out there?

DPMS makes a .308 lower - banned.
Armalite, a.k.a Eagle Arms makes a .308 lower - banned.

Are there any that are legal?

grammaton76
08-17-2006, 3:13 PM
Are there any off-list .308 AR Type lowers out there?

DPMS makes a .308 lower - banned.
Armalite, a.k.a Eagle Arms makes a .308 lower - banned.

Are there any that are legal?

Cobb (spend lots of money) or MGI (get on the backorder list, wait)

colin1
08-17-2006, 3:27 PM
LMT is supposed to be shipping them, I already put a deposit on one:D Plus there is word of a RRA .308 lower that might make its way over here, but nothing official. Although at my local shop they have a lot of .308 recievers but brands I know nothing about, CMMT? or something like that, I think there all to spec though. But there out there, just look:)

anotherone
08-17-2006, 3:31 PM
Right now the Vulcan HAR-25 is the only game in town for affordable and available .308. Things are going to change big time though when the LAR-10 comes to town. If it's not banned by the time it hits the market I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 50% of their production heading into this state.

50 Freak
08-17-2006, 3:37 PM
Spoke to Tom of MGI, lowers will be ready the end of this month.:D :D

adamsreeftank
08-17-2006, 3:41 PM
LMT is supposed to be shipping them, I already put a deposit on one:D Plus there is word of a RRA .308 lower that might make its way over here, but nothing official. Although at my local shop they have a lot of .308 recievers but brands I know nothing about, CMMT? or something like that, I think there all to spec though. But there out there, just look:)

Would you care to elaborate on this or send me a PM. I thought the LMT rifles were built with Armalite or DPMS lowers. If they are not marked or are marked LMT, I NEED TO KNOW (so I can order a couple).

Could CMMT be CMMG? I didn't know they had a 308 lower. The Hesse/Vulcan Har-25 is the only 308 lower that has been readily available as far as I know.