PDA

View Full Version : For the sake of officer safety, disarm them!

drclark
08-17-2006, 9:06 AM
If we are to believe the typcial arguments of the anti gun folk it would seem that at least half of LAPD officers injured by firearms could have been prevented if they were not allowed to carry guns?!?!?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-guns17aug17,0,1723437.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Realistically, it probably points to a lack of training and discipline.

drc

Mssr. Eleganté
08-17-2006, 9:31 AM
Two officers accidentally discharged their weapons as they handled them at home while watching themselves in mirrors.

I hope they at least had their pants on.

bwiese
08-17-2006, 9:41 AM
Awhile back one noted DOJ agent, a very tactical dude, shot his desk with a full-auto M4 carbine. Apparently the season on mahogany veneer splinters had recently opened.

Now when folks walk by this great hunter, they wiggle their trigger fingers for him and just grin...

CalNRA
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Awhile back one noted DOJ agent, a very tactical dude, shot his desk with a full-auto M4 carbine. Apparently the season on mahogany veneer splinters had recently opened.

Now when folks walk by this great hunter, they wiggle their trigger fingers for him and just grin...

LOL.

I hope he is not deaf after a burst of full auto M4!!!!

WokMaster1
08-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm prowling ebay & craigslist right now to see if such a table is for sale.....:D

fun2none
08-17-2006, 12:13 PM

:rolleyes: Perhaps the same agent that did not know the difference between a full and semi-auto AR lower.

Maybe he thought he was using an OLL marked "AUTO" under the assumption that it would not ventilate his desk.

TheMan
08-17-2006, 3:08 PM
I hope they at least had their pants on.

Umm, you are thinking of the wrong type of "accidental discharge" and the wrong "weapon".

Shame a few idiots make the rest of the dept look bad. I hope they had mandatory training required in regular intervals for the rest of their careers.

Socal858
08-17-2006, 3:26 PM

LOL x3

excellent expenditure of my tax dollars

SemiAutoSam
08-17-2006, 3:38 PM
Too much lead in IC'S pencil ?

Or he just shot his load all over his desk.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-17-2006, 3:40 PM

Hmm? I think I saw this "mystery" staffer at the DOJ meeting yesterday...:D

rorschach
08-17-2006, 3:41 PM
When I was in the academy a few years back, we would often practice quick draw in our dorms, but never with loaded weapons, we werent even given live ammo, just one blank, and it had better be in perfect condition come graduation day. I remember a week and a half before graduation one idiot came up behind his buddy, took his weapon and fired off the blank. The entire company was disciplined, the two dummies involved wrote lengthy memos, and the offender ended up getting fired anyway.

A year later, an officer practicing quick draw in front of the locker room mirror blew a nice .40 caliber hole through a few lockers, destroying a few uniforms, Goretex jackets and one officers prized 400 dollar leather motor jacket.