PDA

View Full Version : To the people that cleaned up at Panoche

diginit
01-17-2011, 6:38 PM
THANK YOU!

I was there yesterday and noticed about 10 trash bags piled next to the gate. Too damned bad the people that left the refrigerator door proped up by the canyon couldn't get the clue. And I don't have anywhere to put it. But I can think of one good spot...

Turbinator
01-17-2011, 9:11 PM
Interesting. I wonder who did this cleanup?

Turby

edwardm
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM
No clue on this one. Over Thanksgiving week (I had the week off), I rolled out to Panoche with the kid to look at the improvements and packed out a couple 5 gallon buckets of casings, 12 ga. hulls and a half a Hefty bag of random junk.

Haven't been there since. Is that POS white car still there over by the outhouse?

diginit
01-18-2011, 5:34 PM
Is that POS white car still there over by the outhouse?

Yep, It was in a gully when I first found it in 2006. Finally got to see what a 12 Ga slug does to an aluminium block...Someone towed it out into the open... :mad: (I won't mention any names) So the Rangers towed it up to the street. I'm suprised no one has taken it for scrap. Must be $100 worth of lead in it alone.

acegunnr
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Interesting. I wonder who did this cleanup?

Turby

Boy Scouts out of Hollister. They do a camp and shoot and cleanup every year.

diginit
01-19-2011, 8:58 PM
Boy Scouts out of Hollister. They do a camp and shoot and cleanup every year.

Please relay our thanks to the guys. Hope they had fun during the campout!.

edwardm
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Yep, It was in a gully when I first found it in 2006. Finally got to see what a 12 Ga slug does to an aluminium block...Someone towed it out into the open... :mad: (I won't mention any names) So the Rangers towed it up to the street. I'm suprised no one has taken it for scrap. Must be $100 worth of lead in it alone.

Sounds like it's time to get up close and personal with a couple of Sawzalls and dump it into the bed of a full size pickup truck, piece by wretched piece. I've got a Sawzall and a generator if someone has the pickup truck.

bayarea1988
01-20-2011, 9:16 PM
Why did they leave all the trash up there? I was there today and when I drove by I saw the bags all ripped to shreds and trash everywhere? Must have been coyotes!! Great job for cleaning up by why leave it? To the *******s who litter up there you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!! American slobs with no respect for the environment!! :mad:

acegunnr
01-21-2011, 6:33 PM
Why did they leave all the trash up there? I was there today and when I drove by I saw the bags all ripped to shreds and trash everywhere? Must have been coyotes!! Great job for cleaning up by why leave it? To the *******s who litter up there you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!! American slobs with no respect for the environment!! :mad:

BLM said to to leave all the trash at the gate and was suppose to send a truck on Sunday. I will head down there with my truck tomorrow and pack it out.

Turbinator
01-21-2011, 9:44 PM
BLM said to to leave all the trash at the gate and was suppose to send a truck on Sunday. I will head down there with my truck tomorrow and pack it out.

The rangers have always just asked us to leave the trash piled up, and they truck it out usually.

Acegunnr, if you're going there to pick up the trash, THANK YOU for doing this.

Turby

bayarea1988
01-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Gotcha, I just saw it and was wondering? Wish I had room in my rig I would have drove it out myself thanks Ace your a good man!! Sure is disturbing seeing all that trash up there!! Take care

diginit
01-22-2011, 6:32 PM
Sounds like it's time to get up close and personal with a couple of Sawzalls and dump it into the bed of a full size pickup truck, piece by wretched piece. I've got a Sawzall and a generator if someone has the pickup truck.

I think the rangers are hoping some scrappers will take it out. It's been there over a year. Someone took the refererator from the porch of Cherry hill school. I couldn't F'Kn believe it. Not to mention that scrappers are responsible for the fire that wasted 1/2 of New Idria. 1880's history wiped out due to idiots exploits for 15 FK'n bucks worth of metal. White pickup truck sometimes with a trailer... These cheapskates tires are moving targets in my book.

acegunnr
01-22-2011, 8:40 PM
The rangers have always just asked us to leave the trash piled up, and they truck it out usually.

Acegunnr, if you're going there to pick up the trash, THANK YOU for doing this.

Turby

DONE! Had a nice time shooting with my son as well.

bayarea1988
01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
DONE! Had a nice time shooting with my son as well.

Glad you and your son had a good time up there!! Thanks again for doing that, we need more people like you!! Take care

Jel
01-25-2011, 3:58 PM
acegunnr, kudos to you and your son!!

Anchors
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Boy Scouts get to go shooting?
That is awesome. Should have done that as a kid.

diginit
02-04-2011, 6:10 PM
The boy scouts is where I shot my first 22 boltgun. Camp Tulakes, about 35 yrs ago.
good instuction and Tons of fun. Canouing, swimming, Archery, shooting, camping, outdoor cooking, wood carving, knot tying, leatherworking, The girl scout camp 1/4 mile away....Her name was Cheryl... All the things that EVERY boy should have fun with in a safe enviornment. I'll never forget any of it...

cousin avy
03-05-2011, 8:00 PM
Hi gang. Im new to cal guns . . . Also new to panoche. I went up there a few weeks back for the first time and has a blast. Did about two hours of shooting, and about an hour of Brass cleanup. It is comforting to know that people such as yourselvs are taking the necessary measures to keep a gem like panoche clean. I was always taught to leave a place cleaner than when I arrived. For what little my noob oppinion counts here on the forum, thank you. Now if I only had a tow truck . . .