PDA

View Full Version : fundraising dinners

center_x
01-17-2011, 3:59 PM
Hey all,

Every year, im a committee member for the Placer County Chapter of the NWTF. Were starting the plans for our fundrasing dinner coming in march and were looking to top last years dinner by changing up our games.

For those who have been to fundraising dinners of any organization, what was your favorite game?

Any input is good. Thanks all.

center_x
01-23-2011, 7:42 PM
Maybe what you dislike??

trautert
01-23-2011, 8:22 PM
The ones I have been to down here in San Joaquin have always done well with those spin the wheel type games.

There is also one where they sell cards from a single deck of cards, tear the cards in half and then draw several of the halves for prizes.

I don't ever win anything, so I quit buying into the games. Our Friends of the NRA dinner here usually has one (or two) raffles where you buy a certain dollar amount of raffle tickets, and along with your raffle tickets you get a pocket knife or a small thermos bottle immediately. These are the only games I get involved in any more.

center_x
01-24-2011, 4:44 PM
Trautert, thank you. That sparks an idea.

At our dinner, we sell ticket books. Maybe each book bought, you get a little prize. Thank you.

Steyrlp10
01-24-2011, 4:56 PM
I'm currently involved in a crab feed fundraiser for scholarship money. We don't play "games," but we try to hit up the various firms, court reporting agencies/vendors to help put up raffle prizes.

I was lucky enough this year to get one of the local ranges to participate by donating range time cards (5 hours valued at $40, totalling $80.) Then I offered to toss in free basic pistol lessons as another raffle prize. We're at $600 to go towards a big screen TV and still trying to get other firms to add to the pool.

Since this is an association for secretaries/paralegals, the shooting stuff has been getting a lot of positive feedback from the girls.

I also decided to donate bass angling gift cards since most of the guys I fish with are also gun owners.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-24-2011, 4:57 PM
I can contribute some coyote jerky.:D