PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming getting on board

vantec08
01-17-2011, 5:12 AM
http://wyominggunowners.org/urgent-legislative-alert-1-15-1/

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2011/Introduced/SF0047.pdf

Somebody asked about wyoming and montana recently. This is the latest I could find about Wyoming.

Purple K
01-17-2011, 7:02 AM
This is good!

Crom
01-17-2011, 7:13 AM
In short if you're legally able to own a firearm, you're legally able to carry it. Period. No government permission slip needed.

I love it.

NightOwl
01-17-2011, 7:23 AM
Iowa too. Looking good over there, I might add, with what appears to be sufficient votes and a supportive governor added this last election cycle.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/01/12/the-fight-begins-for-iowa-gun-owners/

jshoebot
01-17-2011, 7:31 AM
I've always wanted to move to Wyoming :)

Jack L
01-17-2011, 7:53 AM
The more States that do this the better. That much harder for the Brady people and other anti's to gain ground.

I will eventually move to a pro gun state.

dantodd
01-17-2011, 7:57 AM
The more States that do this the better. That much harder for the Brady people and other anti's to gain ground.

I will eventually move to a pro gun state.

If enough states do this it might become very difficult for any state to require a license when there is ample evidence that the "compelling state interest" ain't so compelling.

Dreaded Claymore
01-17-2011, 9:35 AM
I know it's a bit early to make predictions, but I can see Constitutional Carry sweeping the nation just like Shall-Issue Concealed Carry did starting in the eighties. This makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Rapists and murderers everywhere will cower in fear! :D

PatriotnMore
01-17-2011, 9:52 AM
In short if you're legally able to own a firearm, you're legally able to carry it. Period. No government permission slip needed.

I love it.

As it was intended. That and quite a few other issues where we need permission from our government, and yet there are many who enjoy being told what they can and cannot do.

safewaysecurity
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
And Utah but I believe It's just for residents

CCWFacts
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
If enough states do this it might become very difficult for any state to require a license when there is ample evidence that the "compelling state interest" ain't so compelling.

We have a winner!!!!

That's exactly why this matters.

It's also why the constitutional carry effort in Texas matters to us. It would be easy to argue that the experience of constitutional carry in Alaska isn't relevant to the situation in California, because Alaska is obviously a very different place. But if Texas goes constitutional carry... no one can claim that there's no urban area comparable, in terms of crime factors, to Los Angeles or Oakland etc in Texas.

Dirtbozz
01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
.....I will eventually move to a pro gun state.

All I need is for real estate to come back just a bit. Wyoming is a beautiful state. My family helped settle the state in the early 1800s. Time to move back to my roots. :D

IGOTDIRT4U
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
My only concern, it says it would restore the "Constitutional Carry" right for Wyoming citizens. Sounds like a bit less than AZ has.