PDA

View Full Version : No More Accessories Sales Forum?

m1aowner
08-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Now why can't buy sell and trade simple accessories on this site? What happened?

Any guesses on how much it would cost to get this site hosted elsewhere? I'm willing to donate for a move. Anybody else? This is smurfin ridiculous.

EBWhite
08-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Sorry to say but this forum has really gone downhill lately. First we lose the gun sales, now the rest. And there is no reason given! Always a scared fearful secret. This was once a great forum, still a good one, hope it can go back to the way it was soon.

blkA4alb
08-16-2006, 8:14 AM
The administrators want to bring the site back to how it is used to be, while I agree that losing the accessories for sale is a step backward I'll still be here. If you havn't seen the other announcements Ramon has had some more important things come up in his life than the site as well.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=38461

Kestryll
08-16-2006, 9:11 AM
Calguns is not a public entity, it is the wholely own property of one individual.
As stated before if you feel you want a forum with a different rules set feel free to set one up.
As for running the board 'properly', that would be running it as the Owner intended according to his preferences.
Calguns is being run 'properly'.

downey
08-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I do not post much, since I am new to guns in general and do not have much to offer as far as advice goes. I am just wondering if anyone else notices this site seems to be removing any connection to the off list lowers that it can. I mean on the front page and the removal of a oll specific board. First though I will hope that the Admins Family situation improves I do not want to come off as uncaring in that regard. Aside from a handful of members with "atitudes" I found this site originally because I wanted to learn more about what i percieved to be a small "revolution" with the off list lowers. I did the research and rolled the dice just like everybody else but now it seems like this site is not proud of the fact this is where many people learned about them. Since the off list lower situation is still ongoing the removal of the FAQ and latest memo's comes off as though the site either no longer cares or is giving up.

guns_and_labs
08-16-2006, 2:17 PM
Where else is a good place to reach a california audience?

You could try thehighroad. I've done a few local trades or sales through them.

50ae
08-16-2006, 3:18 PM
O' I know it is long term and hard on everyone involved. Ramon needs to not neglect himself as so many people do when someone they love is struck with this terrible disease.

Best of luck to your father and the rest of the family Ramon.

sac7000
08-16-2006, 4:32 PM
That's how it smells, but I'd hate to see the site just disappear.

I need to sell some guns ppt and I don't like the yahoo deal, just too weird for me. Hard to read and it seems to be a little aggressive for a sales-only board...

Where else is a good place to reach a california audience?

You could try ar15.com's equipment exchange, I've had good luck there. Try the California forum, there's a link there that will search and display California ads.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=11

Schlamoo
08-16-2006, 5:54 PM
Some of you guys need to lighten up a little. I miss the sale forums also but as been pointed out this is Ramons site. Also, my guess, the accessories forum was removed because a few people just couldn't resist testing the rules and posted guns when asked not to. For those of you who can and want to start your own site, please do, variety is good and I will be happy to look at what you come up with. But to the rest of you who like me niether has time, money or smarts to run a board and administer it, give the folks who provide this service to us, a break. Just my opinion, I might be wrong.:o

joshhouse82
08-16-2006, 5:56 PM
i too have several servers i own and run my own server company for games dedicated boxes and so on.

if someone would like to partner up or 3 people we can make a huge forum and site any way wed like vbullitien is $160 if 2 or 3 people will go in with me lets do it email me at

joshhouse@optical-servers.com
or pm me lets get this rollling

Kestryll
08-16-2006, 8:58 PM
I'm glad you're happy with gunscal but let's not get too carried away over here.
Keep it civil and clean.

RRangel
08-16-2006, 9:00 PM
Better yet do not spam this forum with product offers. Your post has been deleted accordingly. Consider this a warning.

Schlamoo
08-16-2006, 9:06 PM
Two thumbs up Ramon!

ivanimal
08-16-2006, 9:13 PM
I like the new forum look, it looks like the old forum look. Suits me fine, now where are wheelgunner,Dullyjay,Pidooma,Mechandy,Xsquid,Edbon ,Extremo and on and on, I hope they come back. The OLL blitz and the repetitive hassles are the reasons they left.:mad:

Ratters
08-16-2006, 9:37 PM
I like the new forum look, it looks like the old forum look. Suits me fine, now where are wheelgunner,Dullyjay,Pidooma,Mechandy,Xsquid,Edbon ,Extremo and on and on, I hope they come back. The OLL blitz and the repetitive hassles are the reasons they left.:mad:

You know where they can be found. ;) Oh wait, they're not there either. :confused: Yeah, I miss the old days when it was a bit more fun and less intense, but hey, it's just the internet. I also miss the old days of arfcom before it got so huge it's hardly worth reading anymore. Maybe this board will get some of it's old feel back, maybe it won't. But I support Ramon in whatever decision he thinks is best for him and this board.

11Z50
08-19-2006, 7:25 PM
I agree that the return to the old theme is appropriate. The OLL thing took on a life of it's own and caused some deep chasms in the Calguns community. I've been hanging out here for awhile and developed some good friendships out of it, both online and in person. I did score a few good buys off the for sale sections, but what the heck. Not really that important. The real value of Calguns for me is a place to chat with like-minded individuals about guns and gun stuff.

Ramon has, through his efforts, provided me with many hours of enjoyable surfing, as well as a place to ask knowledgable enthusiasts questions about things I don't know, as well as a chance to help out others in areas I happen to have experience.

I'll be sticking around for awhile.....

bg
08-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Some of us have been here almost from the beginning.
When I've asked something of Ramon, he has always
taken time to help me. I appreciate that, and I'll stick
with Calguns as long as it'll have me. Things have
changed, and that's what it all about.

I just hope his Father gets better. I know how it is with
family getting bad sick.

artherd
08-30-2006, 9:25 PM
While I lament the actions that Ramon has had to go through, I of course respect and support him in his decision. I can all too easily see some potential for suggested (if not in-fact) liability for a for-sale firearms forum, and other issues.

A heartfelt thanks to Ramon for providing us all an open discussion forum, I've had the unparalleled fortune to meet many good friends through calguns, and I owe it all to one man who's character exceeds his ample gennerosity.

C.G.
08-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Some of you guys need to lighten up a little. I miss the sale forums also but as been pointed out this is Ramons site. Also, my guess, the accessories forum was removed because a few people just couldn't resist testing the rules and posted guns when asked not to. For those of you who can and want to start your own site, please do, variety is good and I will be happy to look at what you come up with. But to the rest of you who like me niether has time, money or smarts to run a board and administer it, give the folks who provide this service to us, a break. Just my opinion, I might be wrong.:o

No, you are not wrong.

sac7000
08-31-2006, 8:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlamoo
Some of you guys need to lighten up a little. I miss the sale forums also but as been pointed out this is Ramons site. Also, my guess, the accessories forum was removed because a few people just couldn't resist testing the rules and posted guns when asked not to. For those of you who can and want to start your own site, please do, variety is good and I will be happy to look at what you come up with. But to the rest of you who like me niether has time, money or smarts to run a board and administer it, give the folks who provide this service to us, a break. Just my opinion, I might be wrong.

No, you are not wrong.

The way I see it is that the moderators, whose apparent job it was to monitor the forum and delete the inappropriate posts, failed to do their job thus resulting in the termination of the accessories forum.

Of course I have other reasons to believe that what really happened was by alien creatures from planet "DOG" - During a moonless night they took Ramon's immobilized body aboard their spacecraft and inserted tiny metallic objects deep into Ramon's cerebrum and thus were able to control his thoughts and actions.

mailman
08-31-2006, 1:05 PM
I think this forum is great personally :D

ivanimal
08-31-2006, 11:45 PM
The way I see it is that the moderators, whose apparent job it was to monitor the forum and delete the inappropriate posts, failed to do their job thus resulting in the termination of the accessories forum.

Precisely, they should be publicly flogged and sent to bed with no dinner. The nerve of them damned high paid moderators!:rolleyes:

mailman
09-01-2006, 9:09 AM
wow nevermind, maybe i'm seeing things

....;)

6172crew
09-01-2006, 10:02 AM

If folks left because of AR15s then they will probably never come back. The OLL deal isnt over by a long shot and this is where folks will come to find out the lastest, the rifles and some of the people that came with the OLL deal are not going away and if that is why they left then why would they come back?

If you cant make room for new shooters and new rifles then maybe this board isnt for you. CalGuns.net will never be the same board in 2002, the OLL thing is here to stay and thats just the way it is. Just becuase Ramon got rid of the OLL section doesnt mean the rifles went away.

The only thing that has changed is you cant talk about any of the lE folks who work in Sac and the for sale forum is down for now.

To take what I just said as I dont want to see the folks you mentioned back would be taking it the wrong way, Ive been shooting with a couple of them and they are nice guys who have always had a place here.

ivanimal
09-01-2006, 10:18 AM
If folks left because of AR15s then they will probably never come back. The OLL deal isnt over by a long shot and this is where folks will come to find out the lastest, the rifles and some of the people that came with the OLL deal are not going away and if that is why they left then why would they come back?

If you cant make room for new shooters and new rifles then maybe this board isnt for you. CalGuns.net will never be the same board in 2002, the OLL thing is here to stay and thats just the way it is. Just becuase Ramon got rid of the OLL section doesnt mean the rifles went away.

The only thing that has changed is you cant talk about any of the lE folks who work in Sac and the for sale forum is down for now.

To take what I just said as I dont want to see the folks you mentioned back would be taking it the wrong way, Ive been shooting with a couple of them and they are nice guys who have always had a place here.

Every one of the people I mentioned owns a black rifle. The reason they left was the drama that ensued here because of the OLL thing. No one thinks or wishes the OLL thing will go away.

6172crew
09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Every one of the people I mentioned owns a black rifle. The reason they left was the drama that ensued here because of the OLL thing. No one thinks or wishes the OLL thing will go away.

Indeed, I have shot one of them and it was a very nice Reg'd BM. I can understand that the whole OLL theing was kinda lame when you have a real deal in your safe but thats the way it was/is.

As far as some folks wishing the OLL thing would go away, Id say Ive seen it at least 2 times where the poster let slip he didnt think the OLL thing was worth a ratts rear end.

ivanimal
09-01-2006, 10:31 AM
:( Indeed, I have shot one of them and it was a very nice Reg'd BM. I can understand that the whole OLL theing was kinda lame when you have a real deal in your safe but thats the way it was/is.

As far as some folks wishing the OLL thing would go away, Id say Ive seen it at least 2 times where the poster let slip he didnt think the OLL thing was worth a ratts rear end.

That is sad indeed.:(

CALI-gula
09-09-2006, 4:37 PM
I previously hypothesized that the For Sale forums might have been brought down because of one seller in particular having issues about his flexible pricing on his Garand, and the stink made about it in several threads.

I miss firearms "For Sale" forums: but something just occurred to me because of the removal of the accessories For Sale forum. Its removal does not make sense, as the items are no more regulated than bubble-gum. Even posts of guns in that section could be easily removed - that was not a heavy traffic forum. However, if not for the Garand seller's issues, then maybe Paypal raised some threats?

With the stringent rules of Paypal not allowing their services to be used to purchase any type of firearms, or "AW" parts or accessories, is it possible they threatened to close Ramon's account because he also lists a Paypal address on the same website for the donations? Would that have been detrimental if Ramon sells items online elsewhere? For some people, online sales and auctions are a career. (Or is it possible the server provider might have done something similar?)

Paypal's strict "prohibited items" rules go well BEYOND California law and do not allow such simple things as stocks, sights, slings, even legal 10 round magazines, if any of the latter are coupled with being for AR15s, AK47s, FN FALS, etc. They will cancel or block your account immediately. (Ebay now owns Paypal, so their rules became Paypal's rules about 2 years ago).

Therefore, I no longer use Paypal and I no longer post on Ebay - if anyone is interested in such services, check out Gearpay.com - their home page clearly notes they support the 2nd Amendment without question or infringement.

I have a hard time believing the DOJ was involved in blocking the For Sale forums. If Paypal had anything to do with influencing removal of the "For Sale" forums here on Calguns, it gives me one more reason to boycott Paypal.

mechandy
09-16-2006, 5:09 PM
Ramon,
Sorry to hear about your Pops.
Hope the best for you and your family.
Pleasant thoughts heading your way.
Andy

accordingtoome
09-18-2006, 10:18 PM
WOW .. does that suck. The first time i have something for sale i have no place to post it. I leave for a few months and things go to poop.. Well i guess its gone for a reason.. :rolleyes:

m1371
09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
WOW .. does that suck. The first time i have something for sale i have no place to post it. I leave for a few months and things go to poop.. Well i guess its gone for a reason.. :rolleyes:

Now, now, now...... No trying to sneak in an ad for a gun for sale..... [/joke] ;)

BTW, PM enroute!!!!

Spawn_X
09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
I've posted this a few times (and in no competition with calguns as its an entirely different thing!) but I'm working on getting a classifieds site up

http://www.californiagunexchange.com/

Still a lot of work to do, but it will be a simple interface (no registration/etc.), and no discussions - just classifieds.

Give me some time, trying to make it happen...

CALI-gula
09-28-2006, 11:02 PM
I've posted this a few times (and in no competition with calguns as its an entirely different thing!) but I'm working on getting a classifieds site up

http://www.californiagunexchange.com/

Still a lot of work to do, but it will be a simple interface (no registration/etc.), and no discussions - just classifieds.

Give me some time, trying to make it happen...

BOOK-MARKED / FAVORITES!!!!!!!! And will watch closely. Looks like a good start!!