PDA

View Full Version : Handgun Question

CAS
01-16-2011, 3:27 PM
Ive been an active shooter and a member of the NRA for a few years. im a junior instructor for Pistol Rifle and Shotgun. Ive had some confusion on registering handguns what is the age limit to REGISTER a handgun in California? like if i were to buy a pistol in Nevada how old would i have to be to register it in California? Would the 21 years old requirement to purchase them still be in effect?

bruceflinch
04-03-2011, 7:12 PM
21 in Kali for handgun purchase. Guns purchased in Nv, have to be on the Kali Handgun Roster. Shipped to your local FFL.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-04-2011, 9:51 PM
Ive been an active shooter and a member of the NRA for a few years. im a junior instructor for Pistol Rifle and Shotgun. Ive had some confusion on registering handguns what is the age limit to REGISTER a handgun in California? like if i were to buy a pistol in Nevada how old would i have to be to register it in California? Would the 21 years old requirement to purchase them still be in effect?

Federal law requires you to be at least 21 years of age in order to acquire a handgun from any FFL in any State.

If you are a resident of Nevada you can acquire a handgun from another private party resident of Nevada at age 18. If you are not a resident of Nevada then it is illegal for you to acquire a handgun in Nevada from a private party or from an FFL, no matter how old you are.

If you acquire a handgun at age 18 while a legal resident of Nevada and then move to California to become a resident of California you are required to register that handgun within 60 days of bringing it into the State. You must be at least 18 years of age to register a handgun as a new resident of California.