View Full Version : intrested in purchasing a over under 12 ga

08-15-2006, 7:17 PM
Just like the title states. Im in the market for a 12 ga over and under shotgun. Brand isnt that critical but a run of the mill Remington or Mossberg is good. preferably remington. Want new shotgun for bird season

08-15-2006, 8:14 PM
I had my hand on a Mossberg over under made in Turkey. It was at the big 5 in Concord. I was impressed with the fit and finish. I do not remember the price but it was reasonable. I was to look into chokes when I got home, but got side tracked again.:rolleyes:

It was called the silver reserve.

08-15-2006, 9:26 PM
Check out Khan, or the Remington "Spartan" line which is basically Baikal shotguns with the Remington name slapped on them.

If you want to get into better guns, look at the Beretta Onyx series shotguns or Ruger Red Label shotguns, Browning Citori, etc.

08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
What is your price range? Would you be willing to spend the money on the "higher end" shotguns like Beretta, Browning, Weatherby, etc? I haven't been impressed with the cheaper over/unders like Khan, but I'm pretty picky about shotguns.

08-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty picky about O/Us too (not that it helps me hit anything). A Ruger Red Label or a Winchester 101 would be a good place to start. Browning's Citori and Lightening are also nice. Look for a nice used one.

08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
You should check some Verona models. They are comparable to Beretta at a decent price.

08-16-2006, 6:54 PM
Im jsut looking for something different. I have a remington and a Mossberg pump shot guns. All I see ouot there is the really high end 700$ + and I dont want to spend that kind of $$. I was looking for used one for abotu 250-300. Im jsut gonna use it in some rough areas so I dont really want to buy a really expensive shotgun and beat it to hell. I usually replace my shotguns every couple of years.

08-16-2006, 8:14 PM
Ha! You want expensive...Look here at Lewis and Drake (http://www.drake.net/newshotguns)

Really, $1,000 isn't too much to spend on a decent gun. Once you find one you like (and can hit birds with) it really becomes an old friend.

Look at it this way, if you take care of it you can give it to your grandkids.