PDA

View Full Version : Colt M16 22LR for $399

morrcarr67
01-16-2011, 9:17 AM
I just wanted to let you know that the Colt M16 .22LR is on sale until the 22nd for $399 at Big5.

calibanman
01-16-2011, 7:22 PM
I just got back from the range with mine, yes from big 5. I have the SPR version but paid the same sale price. Sent about 300 rounds down range with Winchesters bulk pack, suffered a few (10 ish) FTF's then switched to Federal and it ran another 200 rounds the rest of the afternoon with no feed problems. Seems to me that the pointier tips of the Feds made the difference. The trigger is crap but I hear it can be reworked. I can't comment too much on accuracy because of the el cheepo bulk ammo but I was able to hit 2" moving steel targets all day long at 50 yards. Smashed up my knuckles on the concrete bench trying to yank the mag out. Ya there were a few snags on the first day but for 399 I say yes buy it. But for 699 retail no fn way.

jackandblood
01-16-2011, 7:32 PM
have you tried adjusting the return spring inward? coltm4rimfire.com has a video, if it was winchester 555 super x then it was higher than standard velocity, since adjusting the return spring i haven't had a fail to anything with high velocity and hyper velocity stuff.