PDA

View Full Version : Face the Nation: AZ respun to healthcare needs by Giuliani

glbtrottr
01-16-2011, 7:50 AM
Wow. :) This is what I get this morning for watching Face the Nation while making breakfast...

Rudy Giuliani was asked how this incident changes the country, and specifically was led down the path of discussing gun control.

His reply? (paraphrasing)...we need to take the debate "up a level" and ensure that people like the gunman are identified as "bizarre" earlier and are dealt with, much like many other people were dealt with en masse back in the 60's. ("If only Universal Healthcare and the Individual mandate were implemented sooner, this would have never happened, of course")

He also spoke of needing to come to the table and listen to one another and be able to have a dialogue around "sensible gun laws to protect oneself in the home" while keeping an eye towards people's consitutional rights.

Yuck. What a way to a ruin my appetite.

Worse, Ed Rendell from Pennsylvania reignited the conversation by talking about the fact that no one needs to have ammunition "clips" with large capacity, as well as reinstating the assault weapons ban.

Rudy Giuliani - why does he even bother calling himself a Republican? Seriously?

RomanDad
01-16-2011, 8:31 AM
Worse, Ed Rendell from Pennsylvania reignited the conversation by talking about the fact that no one needs to have ammunition "clips" with large capacity, as well as reinstating the assault weapons ban.

You mean THIS Ed Randell? Somebody needs to put a 72 hour hold on him too.

ayWEsPO_nG4

B Strong
01-16-2011, 2:29 PM
Wow. :) This is what I get this morning for watching Face the Nation while making breakfast...

Rudy Giuliani was asked how this incident changes the country, and specifically was led down the path of discussing gun control.

His reply? (paraphrasing)...we need to take the debate "up a level" and ensure that people like the gunman are identified as "bizarre" earlier and are dealt with, much like many other people were dealt with en masse back in the 60's. ("If only Universal Healthcare and the Individual mandate were implemented sooner, this would have never happened, of course")

He also spoke of needing to come to the table and listen to one another and be able to have a dialogue around "sensible gun laws to protect oneself in the home" while keeping an eye towards people's consitutional rights.

Yuck. What a way to a ruin my appetite.

Rudy Giuliani - why does he even bother calling himself a Republican? Seriously?

Ed Randell has no class, never did, and loves gun comtrol.

I see a pattern...

uyoga
01-16-2011, 6:03 PM
Rudy Giuliani has never been a real conservative. His views on the Second Amendment are really appalling.

Connor P Price
01-16-2011, 6:27 PM
Rudy Giuliani has never been a real conservative. His views on the Second Amendment are really appalling.

Amen.

MrPlutonium
01-16-2011, 6:31 PM
Didn't the shooter have a history of seeing shrinks? I don't see how giving those shrinks government pay checks would've made a single thing different.