PDA

View Full Version : where to buy colt piston le1020 upper?

Q
08-15-2006, 3:35 PM
i really like the new colt le1020 piston. i would rather have it over an hk416 but one of each would be even better! my question is there a waiting list or place i can ask to be on for a le1020 upper? anyone got a price quote on the upper or complete kit minus receiver? thanks

Q
08-15-2006, 3:37 PM
also i think since it is a new colt maybe i can buy the whole rifle? or is it named like a listed one? thanks

bwiese
08-15-2006, 3:37 PM
When I spoke to Colt they didn't know when the upper alone would be for sale, if at all. I'd suspect they're gonna sell complete guns first, that's their biz.

You might talk to Ken Elmore at http://www.sawlesales.com .

Don't get all worked up over a piston upper, either. ARs have been working just fine for 40 years without pistons.

SemiAutoSam
08-15-2006, 3:38 PM
Yes
In fact if you have a look at the link below.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=136036

Dealer that posted at link above listed below.
Lets do a Group buy as I want at least one of these items also.

Clyde Armory & Police Prtctn
165 Ben Burton Rd
Bogart, GA 30622
(706) 549-1842

bwiese
08-15-2006, 3:58 PM
Hmm, cool...

Complete rifles: I do think this may be built on a Colt Match Elite reciever, which is truly off-list.

Have vendor double-check what the receiver says on the side plate BEFORE it's shipped - and check YOUR PARTICULAR RIFLE. Colt has a way of mixing parts or using old inventory sometimes, and it wouldn't surprise me that a few of the receivers on early guns in this run are NOT marked Match Elite and there's a slight chance a couple are marked Sporter or LE Carbine/6920, etc.

If the vendor is not scared off by CA and understands our OLL revolution, he could fix a mag or remove a pistol grip and telestock and send the upper and removed parts in one box, the gripless/stockless lower in another box, to your CA FFL dealer.

C123K_LoadMaster
08-15-2006, 6:40 PM
Bill,

I did not realize the CAR-A3 HBAR Elite is considered an off list lower. So even though mine is a registered assault weapon, I can still remove the pistol grip and ship it to an out of state gunsmith without using a FFL with an assault weapon permit. This is good news.

BTW, my CAR-A3 HBAR Elite (CR6724 Colt Accurized Rifle) has been sitting in the safe unfired since I purchased it in 1997. Last week I finally took it to the range in Scotts Valley and was stunned by its accuracy. I had taken some Winchester 55 gr white box to break in the barrel and could not believe I shot a 0.59 inch 5-shot group at 100 yards. I also brought along some hand loaded ammo I purchased back in 1993, .223 Rem: 68 Gr., B.T.H.P. Match, and shot 4 rounds into 0.24 inch with the fifth shot opening the group up to 0.44 inch. This is the most accurate factory Colt I have ever shot. This rifle will not be collecting dust in the safe anymore.

http://www.fototime.com/BB84791D2557E83/orig.jpg

Hmm, cool...

Complete rifles: I do think this may be built on a Colt Match Elite reciever, which is truly off-list.

Have vendor double-check what the receiver says on the side plate BEFORE it's shipped - and check YOUR PARTICULAR RIFLE. Colt has a way of mixing parts or using old inventory sometimes, and it wouldn't surprise me that a few of the receivers on early guns in this run are NOT marked Match Elite and there's a slight chance a couple are marked Sporter or LE Carbine/6920, etc.

If the vendor is not scared off by CA and understands our OLL revolution, he could fix a mag or remove a pistol grip and telestock and send the upper and removed parts in one box, the gripless/stockless lower in another box, to your CA FFL dealer.

xenophobe
08-15-2006, 6:49 PM
Hey wow... where can you get one?

You can't.

Not now.

Perhaps not in the immediate future.

Maybe by the end of the year, but more likely some time next year.

Oh, and Clyde's Armory has been taking deposits for this thing for nearly a year now. Still no product. Hundreds, if not a thousand or two already ordered. Go ahead, play the waiting game.