PDA

View Full Version : UOC at Cerritos Mall - PART 2

bubbagump
01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Part 1 - Can be seen here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=362780

Last night (1/14/2011), a gentlemen was UOCing at the Los Cerritos Mall Food Court. He was contacted by security and LASD. The story that was relayed to me is that he was "checked" out by LASD and he "checked clean" and was asked to leave the property.

Again...Macerich company malls (Cerritos, Stonewood, Lakewood) have a policy which states "weapons" are not allowed on the property.

That is all the details I know. My source is credible.

I am not taking sides here...just for informational purposes...

locosway
01-16-2011, 2:22 AM
Nothing new here... I don't find this any different from someone trying to ride a bike or skateboard through the mall.

locosway
01-16-2011, 2:22 AM
Nothing new here... I don't find this any different from someone trying to ride a bike or skateboard through the mall.

ccrews
02-22-2011, 6:58 PM
While I don't doubt they have a policy and the credibility of your source. I actually looked for a policy on the Macerich website and at the entrance to the mall today and found only this.
http://gallery.me.com/ccrews/100093/Los-20Cerritos/web.jpg?ver=12984297370001

Nothing there about firearms.

ccrews
02-22-2011, 7:00 PM
I guess they roll it up into #1 & #5. Likely to provoke a disturbance???

locosway
02-22-2011, 7:01 PM
While I don't doubt they have a policy and the credibility of your source. I actually looked for a policy on the Macerich website and at the entrance to the mall today and found only this.

Number 6, non-commercial expressive activities.

Besides, they don't have to post rules. They can ask whom ever they like to leave for what ever reason. When I worked security for a popular outdoor mall in Orange County we could kick people out for anything that we liked. They still don't allow UOC at this place, and it's not posted.

Jasonaspears
02-22-2011, 7:03 PM
I'd say it's up to the mall...

CitaDeL
02-22-2011, 7:06 PM

What? Would you like a sign?

I would urge anyone thinking about bringing this to the attention of the property management to stop thinking about it.

We do not need them to amend or create a policy that further ostracizes gun owners.

voiceofreason
02-22-2011, 7:26 PM
I'd feel safer with a UOCer walking around a mall than a person skateboarding through the mall.

I'd be okay with a person on a bike if the speed is kept in check.

jfrancis56
02-22-2011, 7:36 PM
Number 6, non-commercial expressive activities.

Besides, they don't have to post rules. They can ask whom ever they like to leave for what ever reason. When I worked security for a popular outdoor mall in Orange County we could kick people out for anything that we liked. They still don't allow UOC at this place, and it's not posted.

Your exactly right. Its private property, not Government property or public property.

I personally like the part that says no "Unecessary Staring".

locosway
02-22-2011, 7:41 PM
Your exactly right. Its private property, not Government property or public property.

I personally like the part that says no "Unecessary Staring".

They list common things that people usually do that they don't want them doing. This makes it easier for property agents to make contact and ask that person to stop or leave.

Where I worked we did a ton of vehicle contacts on the weekends. We'd tell them that they couldn't loiter so they either had to enter the center, or leave. Well, I guess someone with money complained, so we were required to do the same job, but we couldn't use the word loiter. Thesaurus FTW! I spent a good amount of time telling people that we had a policy against dillydallying and that they had to move on or become a patron. :)

GettoPhilosopher
02-22-2011, 8:42 PM
Hm, I wonder which would be better....someone who knows that UOC isn't allowed by the property management at the Cerritos mall UOC'ing anyways, getting the management to add "No Weapons" to the rule list, ruining the malls for CCWers for all time? Or just not UOC'ing at the mall?

Let me think about that one. :P

locosway
02-22-2011, 8:48 PM
Hm, I wonder which would be better....someone who knows that UOC isn't allowed by the property management at the Cerritos mall UOC'ing anyways, getting the management to add "No Weapons" to the rule list, ruining the malls for CCWers for all time? Or just not UOC'ing at the mall?

Let me think about that one. :P

What we need is a policy that must be enforced to all, and not selectively.

If they ban weapons, then this should include on/off duty cops, CCW holders, and anyone else. Selectively picking which person sounds like discrimination to me, but since it's private property, what can you do?

TheKlawMan
02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
What we need is a policy that must be enforced to all, and not selectively.

If they ban weapons, then this should include on/off duty cops, CCW holders, and anyone else. Selectively picking which person sounds like discrimination to me, but since it's private property, what can you do?

Owners of private property have a right to discriminate unless it has affects interstate commerce and is invidious discriminations such as that based on race or religion.

The Shadow
02-23-2011, 9:22 AM

Yep, that should stop the next shooter with mass murder on his mind.

bubbagump
02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Out of the five Security Supervisors at this mall, two of them would probably freak out if they saw a UOCer. The other three are pro-2nd, but they still have to do their job.

The supervisors have interacted with both UOCers and people who had CCW permits (firearm was showing or printing badly).

The CCW holders were never asked to leave.

Macerich see's UOCers as disruptive, just like the guy who is spreading the word of god, break dancing, or playing a guitar solo.

cmaynes
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
the key words....

The CCW holders were never asked to leave.