PDA

View Full Version : Waiting forever for my CCW!

macentyre
01-15-2011, 9:55 PM
So I applied for my CCW in Oct 2010. Still haven't received it yet......my investigator said I passed everything and that it would be to me by Christmas which didn't happen. I called the other day and they told me it was sitting with "Intel"?....what is "Intel"?

Frustrating.

N6ATF
01-15-2011, 9:59 PM
Whenever a government agency or unit is named "Intel", you can be sure it's not.

Matt3989
01-15-2011, 9:59 PM
Weird. Mine took 9 days. What county are you in?

wildhawker
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
So I applied for my CCW in Oct 2010. Still haven't received it yet......my investigator said I passed everything and that it would be to me by Christmas which didn't happen. I called the other day and they told me it was sitting with "Intel"?....what is "Intel"?

Frustrating.

What county are you in?

The must issue a determination within either a) application date + 90 days, or b) receipt of DOJ background check + 30 days, whichever is later.

Mstrty
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Frustrating.

LOL...

Mine took 9 mo. Patients my friend.

ErikTheRed
01-16-2011, 2:16 AM
I'm in Yuba County and I applied in early Oct. 2010 as well. Just got called yesterday and was told my application has been approved and my permit should be ready for pickup next Friday. Total wait time from day of application to receipt of permit, about 3 1/2 months.

press1280
01-16-2011, 5:28 AM
Don't know about CA, but other states like NJ will routinely go way past any statutory time limit, and the courts will let them do it. I'm thinking "Intel" is some kind of background check(more extensive than NICS). If there's some kind of backup on the checks, this could be what they're referring to, as CCWs are on a low priority.
Of course, it could just be a BS reason to cover for them farting around on your application.
Did you pass the good cause letter as well.

VictorFranko
01-16-2011, 6:42 AM

Frustrating.

Quit yer bellyachin' :p

I filed Nov 11, 2009.
Interviewed Nov 13, 2010 (was told I passed)
Still............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....... wait.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ing............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

12voltguy
01-16-2011, 8:11 AM
I'm in Yuba County and I applied in early Oct. 2010 as well. Just got called yesterday and was told my application has been approved and my permit should be ready for pickup next Friday. Total wait time from day of application to receipt of permit, about 3 1/2 months.
got mine 4.5 years ago in butte county, think it took 2 weeks

NoJoke
01-16-2011, 8:21 AM
Quit yer bellyachin' :p

I filed Nov 11, 2009.
Interviewed Nov 13, 2010 (was told I passed)
Still............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....... wait.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ing............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

WOW!

Cali-Shooter
01-16-2011, 8:27 AM
Patience... CGF makes progress giant leaps at a time.

RobG
01-16-2011, 8:31 AM
Be thankful you are in a county that actually issues.

VictorFranko
01-16-2011, 8:33 AM
Patience... CGF makes progress giant leaps at a time.

I can't help but think CGF lawsuit against Ventura County has added to the wait.
Jan 3, 2011 we got a new sheriff. Maybe the outgoing sheriff just said screw it..............

wildhawker
01-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Victor, I highly doubt the lawsuit affected any in the pipeline. There is a high probability that some functions stopped during the transition.

macentyre
01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm in Big Bear City, CA.....San Bernardino County.....I guess I'll keep waiting. Dang this takes a long time. They even sent my fire chief a packet and he sent it back with a great reference letter. I guess they hold us firemen to the same backgrounds as anyone else....as they should. I think I passed my "reason" letter too...they said "Your good to go...just waiting on my supervisor to sign off on it".....this was weeks ago.