PDA

View Full Version : Poor rifle safety protocols in Israeli Army

Veritas_223
08-15-2006, 11:12 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/08/15/mideast.main/newt1.1500.israel.afp.gi.jpg

megavolt121
08-15-2006, 11:24 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/08/15/mideast.main/newt1.1500.israel.afp.gi.jpg

Just another reason why pistol grips are dangerous:D

The Soup Nazi
08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Reminds me of how the guy probably burned his hand when he grabbed Zarqawi's machine gun by the barrel after he fired it.

eckerph
08-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Because someone is military doesn't mean they know how to handle a firearm properly, a visit to the our gun club on a busy day will verify this unfortunately.

Satex
08-15-2006, 11:39 AM
The protocols are fine, it how these two individuals follow them is problematic!

kurac
08-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Thats not bad, I have seen a soldier sitting at a cafe, drinking and smoking and resting his ******** on his rifle.

kurac
08-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Um ok, lets try lower jaw maybe that will make it through the automatic sensor

m1371
08-15-2006, 11:46 AM

Geez..... You should have seen some of the hair-brained MOUT stuff we got taught in the Corps.

Let's see, a couple I remember.....

Two man lift boosting a guy up using an M16, one Marine holding the buttstock w/ the other holding the barrel. Marine being lifted stands on the rifle like it's a board.

Two man lift, two Marines on the roof lowering their rifles to the Marine below them. Marine being lifted grabs on to either the two pistolgrips or the slings where they attached to the buttstock. Marines on the rooftop lift via the barrels. :eek:

And here's a classic one..... Fix bayonet, plant rifle nose down in dirt (using aforementioned fixed bayonet as an anchor) next to building, leaning agaisnt wall. Climb up rifle using pistolgrip & buttstock as a step, while holding sling in hand(attached to buttstock). After entering window or getting onto rooftop, pull rifle up after you. :rolleyes:

Even as a dumb boot PFC, I was like "WTF, over?!?!?"

sigguy552
08-15-2006, 1:43 PM
Its not as bad as it is. The guy is actually pointing the rifle in the air slightly angled but it is not actually pointed at the guy. Its just hard to tell from the angle.

gose
08-15-2006, 1:56 PM
Two man lift boosting a guy up using an M16, one Marine holding the buttstock w/ the other holding the barrel. Marine being lifted stands on the rifle like it's a board.

Two man lift, two Marines on the roof lowering their rifles to the Marine below them. Marine being lifted grabs on to either the two pistolgrips or the slings where they attached to the buttstock. Marines on the rooftop lift via the barrels.

Not uncommon practices. We pretty much used the same techniques when we were training CQB. Also the reason G3s were issued instead of the more common FNC, since the FNCs didn't really like having soldiers in full gear stand on them :D

dhl
08-15-2006, 6:24 PM
"Pull my barrel".

faterikcartman
08-16-2006, 3:23 AM
Remember that during the recent crises, in which Israel has decided to surrender ignominiously, a lot of these guys are bakers, bankers, and candelstick makers, who haven't served in 15 years and just got called up and put on the front with a couple days notice. All the dudes, I think under age 38, are automatically in the reserves.