PDA

View Full Version : Can I UOC in Anza Borrego State Park?

H3llpl3ss
01-15-2011, 6:29 PM
Family are going there tomorrow for some hiking. My BLM maps say no loaded firearms allowed just wondering if I have it holstered if that is still OK.

psango
01-15-2011, 6:48 PM
State Parks enforce the public resources code, fish and game regs. as well as CA penal code, vehicle code. other stated codes, city and local county ordinances. Why not just call and ask them?

Foriegn power
01-15-2011, 6:53 PM
Be very careful it's a state park. I think it's a no no

Fyathyrio
01-15-2011, 7:20 PM
When I called and checked last year, it's OK to have weapons in your vehicle similar to GFSZ rules...locked and unloaded. There's no shooting in the park. They seem to have changed the web page and I can't find the rules now...best bet is to call and confirm.

gunsmith
01-15-2011, 7:48 PM
afaik ... nope ... CA State parks are gun free utopias.

Iris M. Kenna, a 5-foot-4 and no more than 115 pounds, 56-year-old woman in excellent physical condition, was killed near Cuyamaca Peak at Cuyamaca Rancho State Park while hiking to Cuyamaca Peak alone in the early morning. She was attacked near the bench dedicated to her at the intersection of the Lookout Fire Road and Azalea Springs Fire Road / Fern Flat Fire Road.

For one husband and wife, a hike-turned-emergency ended up as an incredible story of survival.

When a mountain lion attacked 70-year-old Jim Hamm, his wife, 65-year-old Nell Hamm, came to his rescue. With a log and a ball-point pen, she warded off the lion and saved her husband's life.

The mountain lion pounced on Hamm during a hike in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park in northern California. With Jim's head literally inside the lion's mouth, Nell began to beat the animal with a log.

MudCamper
01-15-2011, 9:03 PM
No (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186457).

GrizzlyGuy
01-15-2011, 9:04 PM
In the FAQ: Can I have a firearm in a state park? (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_have_a_firearm_in_a_state_park.3F)

Crom
01-15-2011, 9:34 PM
No gun carry in State Parks, unless you have CCW. I understand from speaking to Park Rangers there have been some confiscations of hunters' firearms when they went through the park on foot to access BLM Sawtooth Wilderness for deer hunting.