PDA

View Full Version : Reinstate the 1994 ban? Mike V. leaves off the sugar coating.

Bend
01-15-2011, 5:41 AM
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/01/no-matter-how-insane-she-thinks-we-are.html

I looked and found no dupe.

VegasND
01-15-2011, 6:31 AM
Sipsey Streeet Irregulars -- interesting website that often prompts interesting discussion.
I want to follow this thread.
:lurk5:

Havoc70
01-15-2011, 6:40 AM
I like that guy!

jpigeon
01-15-2011, 7:45 AM
Well that makes a lot of sense. After the ban Americas crime and gang rate dropped down to zero. And after 2004 thats when everything started spiraling out of control... Im pretty sure the AW expiration had something to do with Hurricane Katrina too

misterjake
01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Divide and conquer.

If it did pass, how many could organize in time to put up a fight? 1 household v. a SWAT team, local PD, ATF and FBI?

How many of the millions would actually take up arms on a whim?

If you think about it, "shall not be infringed" has been so snow plowed that they technically should have taken up arms in 1934.

dustoff31
01-15-2011, 6:19 PM
Divide and conquer.

None.

If you think about it, "shall not be infringed" has been so snow plowed that they technically should have taken up arms in 1934.

Or 1986, or 1994, and in CA 1999, and 2003, and 2009. Ad Nauseam.

But just one more infringement and that's it. Just you watch. They aren't fooling around. :rolleyes:

N6ATF
01-15-2011, 6:25 PM
The government doesn't even have to go door to door with disarmament squads. Just have fun causing "accidents" at the homes of 3%ers, with no care about collateral damage. Oops, natural gas leak, oops, BLEVE, oops, wildfire triggered by dry brush and extreme heat, oops, an oil tanker spun out of control, oops, looks like he was making grenades and blew up...

misterjake
01-15-2011, 6:33 PM
The government doesn't even have to go door to door with disarmament squads. Just have fun causing "accidents" at the homes of 3%ers, with no care about collateral damage. Oops, natural gas leak, oops, BLEVE, oops, wildfire triggered by dry brush and extreme heat, oops, an oil tanker spun out of control, oops, looks like he was making grenades and blew up...

Yes, but won't they eventually get lazy and just raid their homes? All of that takes time....maybe at first, but 9,000,000 is a lot of "accidents."

infamous209
01-15-2011, 6:51 PM
Got three and wanting more, I know they all work and I know how to use them.

jshoebot
01-15-2011, 8:28 PM
But just one more infringement and that's it. Just you watch. They aren't fooling around.

You don't think anybody will resist if they start kicking down doors to confiscate these evil "high capacity bullet clips"?

N6ATF
01-15-2011, 9:07 PM
Yes, but won't they eventually get lazy and just raid their homes? All of that takes time....maybe at first, but 9,000,000 is a lot of "accidents."

You can prepare to repel boarders if the word gets out that 3%ers are going down. Random airstrikes, you're screwed. Best to drive to the nearest police station and surrender yourself and your arsenal. At least then you and your family won't be dead.

misterjake
01-15-2011, 9:11 PM
You don't think anybody will resist if they start kicking down doors to confiscate these evil "high capacity bullet clips"?

That's just it, by the time you hear the doors, they will already have swarmed your home (unless you carry a shotgun around with you as you walk around the house...whoa). You will be arrested, booked....maybe you'll post a thread if you can get bailed in Calguns.net....

and hire a lawyer....

If you start shooting, you'll be dead for sure and then the police get to make up whatever they want as you lay dead to the press.

"Local resident dies while resisting arrest, police find assault weapons and a large cache of ammo."

It's not like the PD, FBI or ATF will have a warrant that says, "We're coming for your stuff."

If they know you're armed they will use paramilitary entry on you.

How did those from katrina do when they were illegally searched and had their weapons stolen from them by the PD?

They went to court....

jshoebot
01-15-2011, 9:16 PM
That's just it, by the time you hear the doors, they will already have swarmed your home (unless you carry a shotgun around with you as you walk around the house...whoa). You will be arrested, booked....maybe you'll post a thread if you can get bailed in Calguns.net....

and hire a lawyer....

If you start shooting, you'll be dead for sure and then the police get to make up whatever they want as you lay dead to the press.

"Local resident dies while resisting arrest, police find assault weapons and a large cache of ammo."

It's not like the PD, FBI or ATF will have a warrant that says, "We're coming for your stuff."

If they know you're armed they will use paramilitary entry on you.

How did those from katrina do when they were illegally searched and had their weapons stolen from them by the PD?

They went to court....

I'm aware of all that, but the question was if you really think nobody will resist. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't just lay down and wait for the boot to the face..

misterjake
01-15-2011, 9:30 PM
I'm aware of all that, but the question was if you really think nobody will resist. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't just lay down and wait for the boot to the face..

Oh true, but in order for it to work, the Government has to announce nationally they would crack down door to door for it to aggravate enough people to resist en masse.

They wouldn't enforce it en masse, when people are arrested and they find high capacity mags etc...they'll add the charges on them a few citizens at a time, not a massive para-military force going door to door.

misterjake
01-15-2011, 9:33 PM

It would have to work where a few start to resist, there's a standoff and it's on the news and then a chain reaction... but how would the outside world know a genuine good guy is being barricaded by the police? We wouldn't...and you know how the media gets things right....

I think the government especially if they want to continue their power would have a better way to enforce it.

NorCalDustin
01-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Take off the tin foil hat....

GOEX FFF
01-15-2011, 10:21 PM
"It is time to reinstate the 1994 ban – without the NRA loophole. Simply ban the possession, manufacture, use or importation of weapons and ammunition clips that can hold more than 10 rounds."

Just these 3 words alone is so incredibly unconstitutional it's not even funny. Not just people's rights but manufacturing corporations in so many ways.
I would love to see 5 SCOTUS justices and Alan Gura on this woman's tyrannical doorstep.
She'd be flattened like a doormat right next to Daley's.

Even anti CA has a grandfather clause in the AWB and there is a reason that that exists.

And of course criminals, who don't even care that killing innocent defenceless people is a crime...would throw all their illegal arms in to the trash and all go to Disneyland to ride dumbo instead. :rolleyes: In reality, the only one here that's living in Fantasyland is this woman.

N6ATF
01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Take off the tin foil hat....

I keep receiving KFI... I need to sleep, man. :TFH:

Ford8N
01-16-2011, 5:40 AM
J

Even anti CA has a grandfather clause in the AWB and there is a reason that that exists.

All the more reason to get as many people in California as possible to to own an AR or other non "pc" firearm. It will demystify the specious arguments the anti's make that they are "evil puppy killing machines". And every gun owner should have at least one AR. It will help stop the one argument that they are not very "common" and that a new AW ban will not effect many gun owners. You will be helping to protect the Second Amendment.

B Strong
01-16-2011, 5:59 AM
Divide and conquer.

If it did pass, how many could organize in time to put up a fight? 1 household v. a SWAT team, local PD, ATF and FBI?

3% is optimistic, imo.

Most people had no idea what the N.F.A. was, or what it effected, and for decades after the law was passed, prosecutions under it were few and far between - most crime was prosecuted at the state, not federal level.

In those days, if you weren't involved in real crime or pissed someone off somehow, if you had an MG brought home from the war it wasn't considered an issue by much of anyone - in fact, before the GCA '68, in most states, possession of a disassembled MG wasn't even a crime.

The onty national organ for the dissemination of firearms information was the N.R.A., and they put up no fight against it other than to get handguns removed from the legislation - the first drafts included handguns along with MG's and SBR, SBS and "silencers."

There was pretty much nothing for any otherwise law abiding MG'er to get up in arms about, really.

Whenever you get idiot anti's spouting off about "ban 'em all!" it's best to just refer them here:

http://lawreview.law.wfu.edu/documents/issue.43.837.pdf

The Remainder Problem. Ban firearms across the board, no exceptions, the author's swag is a 400 YEAR supply wouldn't be turned in.