PDA

View Full Version : DOJ activity at Reno Show... can't afford secure radios??

bwiese
08-14-2006, 8:57 PM
[Mods: this is information of public importance and public record and needs to be described as below even though it involves a 'blanked out' name. No personal attacks are described so this, I feel, should stay up.]

********** of the DOJ was at the Big Reno Show. There are several reports he was agressively (i.e., not very politely) telling vendors that selling hicap mags to Californians was a felony for the vendor. (Not true, Californians can buy hicaps to keep in NV, they just can't bring 'em back into CA.)

Apparently ******** brought Asian members of Bay Area police depts to the show as 'assistants'. They were heard speaking in a non-English language on their radios, and were apparently relaying info to folks outside the floor to try to confirm identity as Californians (license plates?). It seemed this was a 'big team' approach.

Is DOJ FD budget so bad they can't afford secure radios? Used Motorola secure radios with various voice encryption are available on EBay.

I dunno who's paying for this work. SFPD and other agencies that supply the extra staff?? Does DOJ reimburse the dept for the time? Or is DOJ just paying for a Reno party trip for a buncha dudes for 'investigative support' activities?

I guess this is 'Codetalkers' 2006.

Important or not these strictures are in place for a reason, please respect them.

Pthfndr
08-14-2006, 9:05 PM
I think for the next show I'm going to have a T shirt made up that says:

"Here from CA to buy Hi cap mags, Handguns & Assault Rifles"

See how big a crowd I can gather. Then just walk around to all the tables that sell those things and go home with nothing.

Leadthrower
08-14-2006, 9:11 PM
I think for the next show I'm going to have a T shirt made up that says:

"Here from CA to buy Hi cap mags, Handguns & Assault Rifles"

See how big a crowd I can gather. Then just walk around to all the tables that sell those things and go home with nothing.

That would be hilarious!!!....I'd wonna video of it to post here afterwards.:D

bwiese
08-14-2006, 9:16 PM
Next show, we need to get a bunch of Californians to go to Big Reno Show.... this could be really, really fun.

.... we (perfectly legally) buy some hicap mags, get observed, and then give them away to a NV resident, or leave them stored there. All perfectly legal.

Get traffic stopped en masse crossing over the CA border and laugh our heads off as the little twits look all over for contraband.

[Your vehicles should not have any questionable items. You should stay with your vehicle after the show at all times (i.e, not stay overnight) to avoid planted evidence. You should have a recorder going during the DOJ stop.]

Leadthrower
08-14-2006, 9:30 PM
Next show, we need to get a bunch of Californians to go to Big Reno Show.... this could be really, really fun.

.... we (perfectly legally) buy some hicap mags, get observed, and then give them away to a NV resident, or leave them stored there. All perfectly legal.

Get traffic stopped en masse crossing over the CA border and laugh our heads off as the little twits look all over for contraband.

[Your vehicles should not have any questionable items. You should stay with your vehicle after the show at all times (i.e, not stay overnight) to avoid planted evidence. You should have a recorder going during the DOJ stop.]

But do you have to tell them (officer/s) they are being recorded? We could spead their resources very thin if we wanted to...

blkA4alb
08-14-2006, 9:32 PM
But do you have to tell them (officer/s) they are being recorded? We could spead their resources very thin if we wanted to...
No, there is some group over here in Berkeley (I live in the Eastbay) that video tapes police action fairly frequently. The police are already recording it anyways :p .

avidone
08-14-2006, 9:37 PM
Apparently ******** brought Asian members of Bay Area police depts to the show as 'assistants'. They were heard speaking in a non-English language on their radios, and were apparently relaying info to folks outside the floor to try to confirm identity as Californians (license plates?). It seemed this was a 'big team' approach.
I dunno who's paying for this work. SFPD and other agencies that supply the extra staff?? Does DOJ reimburse the dept for the time? Or is DOJ just paying for a Reno party trip for a buncha dudes for 'investigative support' activities?
I guess this is 'Codetalkers' 2006.

Interesting to note that there is an Asian police officers association with DOJ membership.

"Hey guys, I got this great idea for a killer party weekend!"

chris
08-14-2006, 9:39 PM
sounds like a fishing expedition. they are going out of state to look for potential offenders. sounds very scary to me. also we can buy parts for mags that are damaged right?

seems to me this state is getting worse and worse by the minute. i'm sure they have a presense at most gun shows that are in our state also. i really don't care for them. we all know what's up.

i'm curious how they can afford this since this state is so broke and can't do anything right. where are they getting the money. i would like to take a picture of an agent and say "smile your on candid camera".

good info bweise thanks

CALI-gula
08-14-2006, 9:55 PM

I can see the late-night TV ads now:

CALIFORNIANS GONE WILD!!!!!

blkA4alb
08-14-2006, 9:56 PM
I can see the late-night TV ads now:

CALIFORNIANS GONE WILD!!!!!

Would it help to be shirtless?

C.G.
08-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Would it help to be shirtless?

If you are female and under 30, yes!:D

blkA4alb
08-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Hehe Hmm, nope sorry :D . I just thought it would make for better TV on Californian Gun Owners Gone Wild, or as I like to call it CGOGW.

PanzerAce
08-14-2006, 10:22 PM

dont forget that you better be over 18......

kantstudien
08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
dont forget that you better be over 18......

Not in Nevada or Arkansas! :p

PanzerAce
08-14-2006, 10:35 PM
I vote that the next CGN shoot/BBQ/Get together be in Nevada at the show :P

metalhead357
08-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Bwise~

Did YOU actually see Mr. Asian DOJ or is this info from elsewhere? It sounds "just real enough" but still smacks of the net-lore of the DOJ- RENO-SHOW connection.

If YOU say you saw it I wont doubt it; short of that I think we need some independant verification~ namely can you tell us where you got this info?

Good God~ WHAT a waste of OUR money if this is/was true.......... Where's 48 Hours investigative journalism when you need 'em...........

bwiese
08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Bwise~
Did YOU actually see Mr. Asian DOJ or is this info from elsewhere? It sounds "just real enough" but still smacks of the net-lore of the DOJ- RENO-SHOW connection.

I was unfortunately not in Reno this time.

This information about Mr Asian DOJ and his Asian LEO buddies w/radios was told to me by people I trust very, VERY, very well, OK? Folk(s) who personally know "the Asian gentleman DOJ guy with the vest" on sight, have dealt with him, and were there. These are not idle gunshow folks and have serious legal knowledge. I'm not gonna name names for several reasons.

It does not serve me our our cause well to report false info or weak rumors on stuff like this.

"Mr Asian DOJ" was witnessed by/reported by an ARFcommer warning a mag vendor that it was a felony to sell to California residents. I believe this report, it is consistent with lotsa other DOJ activity with OLLs, telling out of state vendors they were illegal. They're playing on out of state vendors not knowing California's abstruse AW laws.

m24armorer
08-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Now we need to get a Calguns member in norcal (non LEO verified) that speaks fluent Chinese into the show this November with a dealers badge so he can wander around. I too saw these folks and am really wondering what they were talking about.

I have not heard of any Truckee pullovers yet, but it's still early. It's sad the show promoters allow this to happen. It's my 26th year doing this show and I have watched it grow into a amazing collage of something for everyone. Lou senior would never have allowed this CA DOJ crap.

blacklisted
08-15-2006, 12:57 AM
It would be cool to follow them in a homemade surveillance van and record the conversations for later translation. :D

downey
08-15-2006, 1:54 AM
first off please pardon my ignorance on this one, but are DOJ employees paid by the state (ie. from taxes) is there anyway to have these actions reviewed by a higher power to conclude whether our tax dollars should be spent on these kinds of activities? I mean whats to stop them from paying X amount of people insane amounts of overtime and board to enforce our californian laws in another state? I would not break the law of course, but whats stopping people from buying hi-cap, and any illegal items in any other state, not just nevada. It just seems to be sending the message that if you want to break the law and bring hi-cap magazines into the state just do it when there isn't a gun show going on.

metalhead357
08-15-2006, 6:13 AM
Thank you Bwiese for the clarification:)

EOD Guy
08-15-2006, 6:50 AM
I know "Mr Asian DOJ" by sight and was keeping an eye out for him at the show. I never saw him, but then I was mainly looking at other things. You could spend a lot of time looking for an individual at that show and never see them. I have personally heard him give bad information to vendors at the Cow Palace show.

schizrade2
08-15-2006, 9:39 AM
Oh believe me, they were there.

I know our vest wearing friend by his smell at 100 yards. I saw him and a number of asian friends playing covert ops. Not very covert though.

I can provide storage for the mags or take donations... :D Seriously, how funny would that be.

Funny thing is, I know some of the Sheriff Deputies in the Truckee area and they could honestly care less about "High Cap" mags owned by good people.

blkA4alb
08-15-2006, 9:40 AM
I know "Mr Asian DOJ" by sight and was keeping an eye out for him at the show. I never saw him, but then I was mainly looking at other things. You could spend a lot of time looking for an individual at that show and never see them. I have personally heard him give bad information to vendors at the Cow Palace show.
I still havn't even seen a picture of him or "All Mer" and im very curious...

MonsterMan
08-15-2006, 9:50 AM
They have taken this whole issue so personally that I wouldn't doubt that he did this on his own time just to to do it. He probably talked the others into helping him. I could see it now. "hey lets go to nevada and mess with the vendors to keep them from selling mags to californian's. That would be so cool.":rolleyes:

MM

bahazero
08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I was there at the show on Friday. I didn't any see this DOJ guy anywhere. Then again, I was by the CMP booth 90% of the time. I can understand Chinese and heard no one there speak the language. Anyone know how he looked like?

chickenfried
08-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Watch the video in this post. He's bigger than I thought, I was picturing a thrity something guy the same size as soup nazi.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37421&highlight=shrimp+boyI still havn't even seen a picture of him or "All Mer" and im very curious...

TonyNorCal
08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I wonder what Nevada law enforcement thinks of California LEOs (who only have jurisdiction in Cali) mucking around in their state and city? I wonder what they think of California LEOs wrongfully attempting to enforce California law on Nevada soil.

I wonder if this was coordinated somehow with Nevada? Or whether it's some covert cross border op/incursion into Free America?

phish
08-15-2006, 11:15 AM
I wonder which particular dialect was being spoken: Mandarin or Cantonese.

I can distinguish between the two even though I can't understand them. I'm leaning towards Cantonese though.

50 Freak
08-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I was there on Sat, and saw this one buff short Asian guy (looked like a LE) and our DOJ bud.

At first I wasn't sure it was him but after watching that video someone her posted, it's a confirmation he was there.

I don't recall if he was wearing a vest. I thought he was just enjoying the show. As he was wearing no visual LE uniform, gun or whatever.....

M1A Rifleman
08-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Please fill me in how this works - how they know your from CA as it really seems hard to believe. Is it that DOJ...

1) observes your CA plate vehicle as it enters the parking lot, then follow you while your walking through the show to watch what you buy and leave with? -- Seems like they would need many agents for this, so hard to believe.

2) is it that they observe all that buy mags & weapons/parts, then follow to see who gets into a CA plate vehicle? --- Again, seems like many agents would be needed to swqarm around people like bees, again hard to believe.

3) Do they watch the parking lot as CA vehicles enter, brush up against the people as they enter the show to "paint" them with an IR mark so they can be visible in the crowd so as to watch easier - ala Mission Impossible? -- This may be possible:cool:

4) Do they somehow force the venders to request ID, then make a loud scene when presented with a CA ID to allow DOJ agents to then swarm? -- This may be as I have scene venders go crazy when given a CA ID.

5) or maybe, us from CA really do talk and look different from the rest of the free country, so it is easy for DOJ.
So enlighten us, how does this "sting" work?

bwiese
08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Please fill me in how this works - how they know your from CA as it really seems hard to believe. Is it that DOJ...

Reliable reports tell me they observe what appear to be Californians and follow them to their cars.

This is apparently how they busted the guy with an AW awhile back He brought it to Big Reno Show to sell (legally to FFL, or illegally via PPT, we dunno) but didn't get any bites. So he drove it back into CA and they got him a few mi over the border: busted him for possession, transport and import.

They can't get total coverage or even close but they can get some hits - a few people in parking lot and in show can coordinate w/radio or even cellphone.

They might observe who comes in the parking lot. Who knows, they might have hotel reg information at Hilton? etc etc

This is real, and is not 'black helicopters from the UN' crap.

50 Freak
08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Either way, unless this was a NV LE sanctioned "sting" then our DOJ buddy and his LE friends were working in jurisdiction where they should have no power. Now if they spotted someone and followed him over the CA border, then they're good to bust him there.

But on NV soil, I believe they are just civilians like us....Anyone check to see if they were buying high cap mags and transporting them accross state lines???:D

50 Freak
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Anyone contact the Hilton Hotel, last time I checked I believe they are still a private company and hence are private property.

Wonder if our buddy got permission from them to be doing all of this.

bwiese
08-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Anyone contact the Hilton Hotel, last time I checked I believe they are still a private company and hence are private property.

Wonder if our buddy got permission from them to be doing all of this.

Lou Fascio Shows prob cooperates with all law enforcement.

He might be relying on bad DOJ info that he's responsible for 'bad things' so he just doesn't wanna be sued or go thru legal tangle. All he wants to do is sell tables.

M1A Rifleman
08-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Seems like following around who they think are from CA hopping they buy something would be a long day.

PanzerAce
08-15-2006, 12:05 PM
hmmmm, could you get a restraining order against them for stalking you if you go to the show alot, then just camp out at the door so that they can never get in? might be fun to do in november :D

C.G.
08-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Seems like following around who they think are from CA hopping they buy something would be a long day.

But they probably get travel pay and per diem, so that probably makes it worthwhile to them.

50 Freak
08-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Lou Fascio Shows prob cooperates with all law enforcement.

He might be relying on bad DOJ info that he's responsible for 'bad things' so he just doesn't wanna be sued or go thru legal tangle. All he wants to do is sell tables.

Yeah, but Lou doesn't own the Hilton, he rents out a few conference rooms. I'm wondering how the Hilton would feel about LE's coming on their private property harassing their paying guests. Especially if the LE's are doing fishing expeditions without warrants or the Hilton's approval.:D :D

bwiese
08-15-2006, 12:11 PM
But they probably get travel pay and per diem, so that probably makes it worthwhile to them.

Sure, why not a state-paid trip to Reno? Stay at a nice hotel w/good restaurants, and a bit of R&R after 5pm. Maybe even take the missus along...

bwiese
08-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, but Lou doesn't own the Hilton, he rents out a few conference rooms. I'm wondering how the Hilton would feel about LE's coming on their private property harassing their paying guests. Especially if the LE's are doing fishing expeditions without warrants or the Hilton's approval.:D :D

Prob they don't care. We're barely-tolerated gun nuts that just happen to bring the $ in. Even if you put up 100 signs "This place is ripe with CA DOJ and ATF agents and they're a bunch of snoops" the show would still be in biz.

And even though it's the Hilton in name it was really run by Caesar's Entertainment group. It has changed hands now and is evolving into the Grand Sierra resort - a condo/hotel combination. The contract for Reno show runs for a long time so they can't void that (I bet they'd like to) unless they pay a big lump sum to Fascio.

I am sure a midlevel employee would give up hotel guest lists readily, without warrant. Prob not even ask for mgmt approval - some stern guys flash "Dept of Justice" badges and the girl gives it up...

blkA4alb
08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Prob they don't care. We're barely-tolerated gun nuts that just happen to bring the $ in. Even if you put up 100 signs "This place is ripe with CA DOJ and ATF agents and they're a bunch of snoops" the show would still be in biz.

And even though it's the Hilton in name it was really run by Caesar's Entertainment group. It has changed hands now and is evolving into the Grand Sierra resort - a condo/hotel combination. The contract for Reno show runs for a long time so they can't void that (I bet they'd like to) unless they pay a big lump sum to Fascio.

I am sure a midlevel employee would give up hotel guest lists readily, without warrant. Prob not even ask for mgmt approval - some stern guys flash "Dept of Justice" badges and the girl gives it up...
I believe the big reno show will be there until 2017 IIRC.

spunk2
08-15-2006, 12:23 PM
That is insane. San Jose police threatning people with laws that don't exist. Someone that was there should call the FBI and file a complaint.

Legally rifles, shotguns, and magazines (long guns) can be purchased in any state, by any person. The Cal PD can not legally go out of state and arrest or threaten anyone. It could actually be illegal. I doubt any CA judge would issue a warrent for spying on people out of state.

The ATF got in trouble recently in another state for following people at gun shows, and asking thier neighbors if they knew the person owned guns. Congress supeuned a few ATF goons over that one.

50 Freak
08-15-2006, 12:26 PM

I'd think they do care. Every time there is a big Reno show, the Hilton is booked full by us "barely-tolerated gun nuts". Which means, restaurants, shops and gaming tables are filled by us.

If the Hilton doesn't stop this harrassment of it's paying customers. The customers just won't come.

Hell, I'm a gun nut and make the Reno show 1-2 times a year. If I thought I'd get harrassed by the CA DOJ in NV, I just won't come.

That means, I won't book a room ($2-300 for rooms), I won't eat there ($100-200) and I won't gamble there ($1000+), nor will I attend the show and buy ammo, assesories etc ($1,000+).

Now by myself it's nothing. But multiply me by a few hundred and the Hilton stands to lose some boocoo bucks.

jonb
08-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I was there on Friday and didn't notice any wierdness. But I was not paying attention. Time to bone up on counter surveillance measures for the next show!

bu-bye
08-15-2006, 12:54 PM
This reminds me of a great joke.....

Two cops are parked outside of a local bar late one night. They see a man stumble out of the bar weaving back and forth. The two cops get all pumped and get ready to bust this guy once he gets in his car. The drunk man wanders around the parking lot looking for his car. Other people from the bar start to leave because of closing time but the cops want this drunk guy soooo bad because he is just wasted. The drunk stumbles to a car and tries his key in the door but having no luck. He walks the parking lot again tripping over himself looking for his car. Even more people at this point are leaving the bar and driving away but the cops have their man picked out. The drunk finally finds his car and gets in. He fumbles with his car keys while the cops wait for him to turn on the car so they can bust him. Then the bar lights turn off and the last few people in the bar come out and leave. The drunk starts his car then pulls out of the parking lot. The cops turn on their lights and pull the drunk man over. They ask him to step out of the car and he does but now appears to not be drunk at all. The cops are puzzled and ask if he had been drinking and if he was drunk. The man says "Nope, Iím the designated decoy":D

PanzerAce
08-15-2006, 1:12 PM

Two cops are parked outside of a local bar late one night. They see a man stumble out of the bar weaving back and forth. The two cops get all pumped and get ready to bust this guy once he gets in his car. The drunk man wanders around the parking lot looking for his car. Other people from the bar start to leave because of closing time but the cops want this drunk guy soooo bad because he is just wasted. The drunk stumbles to a car and tries his key in the door but having no luck. He walks the parking lot again tripping over himself looking for his car. Even more people at this point are leaving the bar and driving away but the cops have their man picked out. The drunk finally finds his car and gets in. He fumbles with his car keys while the cops wait for him to turn on the car so they can bust him. Then the bar lights turn off and the last few people in the bar come out and leave. The drunk starts his car then pulls out of the parking lot. The cops turn on their lights and pull the drunk man over. They ask him to step out of the car and he does but now appears to not be drunk at all. The cops are puzzled and ask if he had been drinking and if he was drunk. The man says "Nope, Iím the designated decoy":D

rofl, I hate to say it, but I was thinking that we should to the exact same thing.

sac7000
08-15-2006, 1:22 PM
Reliable reports tell me they observe what appear to be Californians and follow them to their cars.

I think somebody mentioned before that if you are truly concerned about being harrased for having California plates why not just rent a cheap car with Nevada plates on it while visiting the show?

50 Freak
08-15-2006, 1:27 PM
I think somebody mentioned before that if you are truly concerned about being harrased for having California plates why not just rent a cheap car with Nevada plates on it while visiting the show?

The point is...Why the hell should we have to?

Since when did being a Californian equal being a criminal?

PanzerAce
08-15-2006, 1:29 PM
if they follow you, you could just call the police, since (while I havent seen them) It sounds like they look semi threatening.

sac7000
08-15-2006, 1:52 PM
The point is...Why the hell should we have to?

True that but if you were truly bent on slipping into Nevada without bringing attention to the fact you were from Kalifornistan, it's something you might consider. As for me, I think their actions stink but I doubt it's going to stop anytime soon.

The man in question recently hosted a conference earlier this week (Aug 8th) about Nevada gun shows and California law to interested leo's . http://www.napoaonline.org/NAPOA_course_schedule.htm

metalhead357
08-15-2006, 3:39 PM
LOL! Gotta love this state-

Just watched the vid ~ :rolleyes:

marksbb
08-15-2006, 5:43 PM
This thread is total nonsense. If you really think this goes on by the Cal doj at the Reno show, well then...

blacklisted
08-15-2006, 5:49 PM
This thread is total nonsense. If you really think this goes on by the Cal doj at the Reno show, well then...

Know something we don't? :confused:

M. Sage
08-15-2006, 6:03 PM

I have a couple friends in Arizona who'd probably accept some donations along the lines of magazines.

leelaw
08-15-2006, 6:22 PM
So, essentially, you have no proof, other than your 'friend' who told you this happened...just like every one of your other DOJ-is-the-devil concoctions?

Another urban gun legend.:rolleyes:

You are seriously going to try to convince people that the DOJ....the 'top dog', most well equipped, and funded California law enforcment agency has to resort to conscripted asian officers from SFPD speaking into FRS radios they got off of E-Bay.

Really?:rolleyes:

Bill, get help.

I had a long response to this, but It's not worth giving you the satisfaction of a rebuttal to such nonsense.

sac7000
08-15-2006, 6:31 PM
At least they didn't follow me out...with my disassembled magazine parts in hand (with my DOJ letter indicating the legality of such)...to my California plated car.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmm...they may have been busy writing down plate numbers in the extended parking lot and missed you. We took a cab over to the show and left our car parked at the motel we were staying at.

CalGunsNoob
08-15-2006, 7:25 PM
I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that the DOJ could do this. Remember, this is the same DOJ that send a small pseudo-SWAT team down to a dealer in Milpitas to seize lowers that were legal. And this is the same DOJ that hasn't given that property back. It's the same gentleman who thinks a 10/22 is an assault weapon. And it's the same DOJ which doesn't wish to enforce the spirit of the law on already on the books...if they did they'd have listed all these lowers as they law provided a mechanism for.

It is a bit shocking however. It's certainly a negligent use of our tax dollars and manpower. It also seems questionable legally on a number of fronts. but who'd have thought the State Department of Justice would follow the law?:rolleyes:

bwiese
08-15-2006, 7:53 PM
So, essentially, you have no proof, other than your 'friend' who told you this happened...just like every one of your other DOJ-is-the-devil concoctions?

My sources were vendors. This DID happen. Degree & extent of the support crew, I dunno. But it was our Asian DOJ special agent supervisor and some asian buddies who are apparently off-duty (or on 'shared' duty??) cops.

You are seriously going to try to convince people that the DOJ....the 'top dog', most well equipped, and funded California law enforcment agency has to resort to conscripted asian officers from SFPD speaking into FRS radios they got off of E-Bay

Where did you get this poppycock?

The DOJ Firearms Division was a spinoff of the BCIA, Bureau of Criminal Information & Analysis, in the late '90s. Big Bill Lockyer was on an antigun push when he created the Firearms Division. He didn't have much budget to work with. It's been an underfunded stepchild division for some time. They don't even have funding for gathering legislatively-mandated statistics for formal, required reports. Note that the Firearms Division is not mentioned in the law, all the laws specify "Attorney General".

SemiAutoSam
08-15-2006, 7:59 PM
Maybe a federal consent decree is in order for the DOJ ?

This might bring them up to speed on the law and what they can and cannot do, Even they seem to do what ever they want legal or otherwise.

What about this thought BW ?

I remember it happening with LAPD when I hung my hat down there, But don't really know the process.

Kestryll
08-15-2006, 8:06 PM
Okay, if you have a problem with another member either take it to email or get over it.
If you bring it to the board it will be removed and barring a displayed learning curve so will you.

HillBilly
08-15-2006, 8:18 PM
Legally rifles, shotguns, and magazines (long guns) can be purchased in any state, by any person....

Ummm..............

EBWhite
08-15-2006, 9:13 PM
I'll i know is one vendor was letting guys know where the mags he had came from, if they were pre-2000, dated or not. Also, he said he didnt care who bought the mags. I did see a few Californians buy some mags. 2 guys were very willing to say they were from CA when they bought a grip of AR mags.

Mark in Eureka
08-15-2006, 9:53 PM
I was there Friday and Saturday, and I heard several dealers complaining about the DOJ and how "they would arrest the violator in California and then come back and try cause problems for the dealer through the Nevada authorities. I do not know if the DOJ was there, but their sprit was and I think they were there in person as well.

phish
08-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Gee, you think with all the mag threads every 2-3 weeks + the Reno threads that the Kaliban will pass this up???

Mssr. Elegantť
08-15-2006, 10:11 PM
********** of the DOJ was at the Big Reno Show. There are several reports he was agressively (i.e., not very politely) telling vendors that selling hicap mags to Californians was a felony for the vendor.

OK, this part seems VERY believable. People that you know said they saw him, as did other forum members. And this intimidation/misinformation tactic is right out of that DOJ guy's playbook.

OK, now we get two apparently's one seemed and a license plates? in parenthases. This is the part that might be the active imagination of your vendor friend.

Is it truely apparent that I.C. brought Asian members of bay area police departments to the show as assistants? If so, does the fact that they were heard speaking a foreign language on their radios really make it apparent that they were relaying license plate or other info to unseen other agents outside the floor? Or could it mean that they were just calling a family member back home on their cell phone to ask what was for dinner?

The whole idea of agents loitering at magazine vendor tables to follow people who "look" Californian, hoping that they will go directly to their vehicles after purchasing magazines and then relaying the license plate info to the agricultural inspection station on I-80 so that agents there can scan the license plates of thousands of approching vehicles to find the person bringing in magazines has been brought up before. It is borderline tinfoil hat stuff.

Asian DOJ guy was there, OK, but how much of the rest of the post is just speculation?

Pthfndr
08-15-2006, 10:30 PM
....Or could it mean that they were just calling a family member back home on their cell phone to ask. "Honey, I'm here at the Reno gunshow and I was looking at this really cool AR piston upper. It's only $900. Would you mind terribly if I bought it?"

fixed it for ya :D

Dont Tread on Me
08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Asian DOJ guy was there, OK, but how much of the rest of the post is just speculation?

I guess the question is what was he doing there then? I'm sure he does not need a deal on ammo.

I can sleep soundly tonight thinking that he and his buddies were putting it on the line to stop gang bangers and drug dealers from getting hold of > 10 round mags in Reno this weekend. It is well documented that criminals always purchase their weapons at gun shows:rolleyes:

Mssr. Elegantť
08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
But how do you say "really cool AR piston upper" in Cantonese? :D

xenophobe
08-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh God...here we go again. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Quick, call Alex Jones! It's the Bilderbergers! It's the Masons! It's the Illuminati! No...my Heavens...it's aliens working with the DOJ!!!!!!!!!!

Quick...buy tinfoil and run for the hills!!!

Got any substantive proof that this delve into conspiracy kookery actually happened? I was there...all dang day long. I certainly didn't see any mystery Asians speaking in strange tongues into E-Bay radios. At least they didn't follow me out...with my disassembled magazine parts in hand (with my DOJ letter indicating the legality of such)...to my California plated car.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So... umm.. WHO ARE YOU? What are your credentials? Why should I believe a word you say? What relevance do you have to the DOJ, the firearms industry in general, the Hilton, or Nevada police?

Please post why your ramblings are any more than an account from someone who can't find their glasses when they're wearing them? Please give me some reason to find any credibility in your 'observations'. For all I know you were drunk, stumbling around the building and only looking at girls.

Ask Chuck Michel, ask Don Kilmer, ask any firearms lawyer or vendor that goes to every gun show. I've confirmed this with two notable firearms attorneys face to face, as well as the head criminalist for the local crime lab, as well as numerous vendors and patrons. DOJ does go to Reno, they do stake the place out, and they do stop people after they've come back into California. But hey, you didn't see it so all of the credible people I have confirmed this with are liars. Who are you again? Your 'opinion' doesn't amount to a hill of beans, frankly.

Please explain to me why even one word of your post isn't just the insane banter of a clueless shill. You're one of those types that don't believe anything unless it happens to you, huh?

EBWhite
08-15-2006, 10:50 PM
the funny part is once your back is CA the DOJ cannot prove you imported mags back unless they sold the mags to you on tape or sold you special marked mags that can prove they came from the show or their insider vendor.

rorschach
08-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Good friend of mine went and got himself some Glock G22 mags, disassembled for parts of course.

Didnt someone previously post that Secret Asian Man and his chronies were staking out mag vendors, watching out for anyone buying mass quantities of hi-caps?? Then someone follows them to the car and checks the lic. number?? Then notifies CHP to intercept once well inside state lines??

Given all the other nonsense that DOJ is known for, I wouldnt put it past them.

Rumpled
08-15-2006, 11:03 PM

The man says "Nope, Iím the designated decoy":D

I've actually been in a group that did that one night.
Cops were PO'd. It worked like a charm.
Our decoy is a total non-drinker.

metalhead357
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey Xen~
Go easy man! The guy is/was coming from where I was when you and I had this talk a while back. I wasn't sold 'just because' it was 'reported' back in that journal; but I am now with the members here reporting that they too saw him and his entourage.

My question then is, as it was then, (though I now do believe they were there) are there ANY REPORTS OF ARRESTS anywhere that can be checked?

Short of that~ it mostly sounds like more scare tactics; its a shame- too many tax dollars going for such.........miniscule results......

leelaw
08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Hey Xen~
Go easy man! The guy is/was coming from where I was when you and I had this talk a while back. I wasn't sold 'just because' it was 'reported' back in that journal; but I am now with the members here reporting that they too saw him and his entourage.

This has progressed beyond rumors, and has been verified by trusted members and their trusted sources.

It's getting old having the "nope, it's not happening! LALALALALALA!" people continually bash well-standing members on this site.

They're like the guys who keep posting the 9/11 conspiracy stuff (in a mirrored fashion) and it gets tiring. At least the one genious in this thread only opened the flood gates just a crack and gathered a little support to the "lets bash Bill" game, rather then one remark of criticism creating one never ending flood of people in denial about how screwed up this government really is.

metalhead357
08-16-2006, 12:04 AM
This has progressed beyond rumors, and has been verified by trusted members and their trusted sources.

......people continually bash well-standing members on this site.

ummm, what part of but I am now (convinced) did I leave out:confused: And no bashing from this guy.........I cant stand the arfcom-play crap and dont want it here......

If you're using my words as a springboard to further the point its real~ so be it; but as said in 'roundabouts ways-- verifiable proof is the icing on the cake to prove to the last remaining unbelievers..........

taloft
08-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Personally, I think it would be more fun to get a few radios, locate the LEO's in question, and follow them around the show while relaying their every move on the same channel. Have someone that speaks the same language to translate. Then just repeat everything they say in English for everyone's benefit.

We could also go right up to the vendors while they are being given bad information and correct it right on the spot. You could even present the DOJ letters as proof that you're giving valid information. Video tape everything so that if there is any trouble, you're covered. Make sure you get some nice face shots of all the players. We could give the video to the Reno press with a nice letter asking them how Nevada residents feel about CA. DOJ working in their state. Send a copy to local pro gun political reps. as well. If you can tape even a single legal sale being thwarted as a result of their presence, the press could ask the public what they think about the CA. DOJ costing legal vendors revenue. The press would have a field day with this.

grammaton76
08-16-2006, 12:19 AM
If their policies are anything like the Crossroads gun shows, videoing things is strictly forbidden.

anotherone
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Maybe I'm venturing out on a limb here but I think that the a certain Asian-American DOJ agent and his colleagues from the Asian American Law Enforcement community are putting in some extra work here on their own spare time. I could easily see this highly committed DOJ Asian-American agent spending his personal time in Reno (guess weekends with his wife aren't as rewarding as they are for me) to stalk Californians who aquire "high capacity" magazines. then he simply forwards the info to California law enforcement in his capacity as a private citizen (CA DOJ ain't LEOs in Nevada just private citizens). Yep for any agency a gun bust always looks good when showing those stats for extra funds.

leelaw
08-16-2006, 12:23 AM
ummm, what part of did I leave out:confused: And no bashing from this guy.........I cant stand the arfcom-play crap and dont want it here......

If you're using my words as a springboard to further the point its real~ so be it; but as said in 'roundabouts ways-- verifiable proof is the icing on the cake to prove to the last remaining unbelievers..........

Nope, the last post was in response to yours (which I quoted) but about MRex, the biggest instigator in the thread.

Sorry if you thought it was aimed at you, which would be pretty easy to assume since I quoted ya. ;)

taloft
08-16-2006, 1:41 AM
If their policies are anything like the Crossroads gun shows, videoing things is strictly forbidden.

Huh, I never noticed anything regarding this at the Del Mar Show. Of course, I wasn't looking for it either. Probably printed on every ticket and in 6" letters on the front wall.:D I guess they would be worried about copyright and privacy infringment issues.
I suppose you could explain to the promoters what you want to do and why you need the video camera. I'm sure they would give you a pass. Especially if you were a vendor or knew a vendor that would vouch for your character. They don't want the DOJ mucking around in their business any more than we do. Promise them not to film the merchandise, or customers. Only film the DOJ, and/or yourself. Be willing to show them the video. You could always go with a hidden camera in a hat. Even still pictures with recorded sound would be good.

Just the act of following them with radios ought to encourage them to pack up and leave. Why would they bother if they wouldn't get anything for their efforts? Anything extra would just be a bonus for us.

Matt C
08-16-2006, 2:04 AM
(guess weekends with his wife aren't as rewarding as they are for me)

You spend your weekends with his wife? NO WONDER he is so pissed at us!!!

Dont Tread on Me
08-16-2006, 5:41 AM
We should have a competition to find an official nick name for this dedicated public servant. It is only a matter of time before someone with some racist thoughts makes makes "Asian" unusable.

Some ideas:

Mad Max
El Dedicado
Keystone Kop
The Lone Ranger

chris
08-16-2006, 5:53 AM
i think the thread is getting off topic. it should be noted that this is very scary tatic at least to me. the DOJ of this state going out state threatening vendors out of state. furthermore they are told not to sell to california residents. it should show the arrogance of the way this state conducts business. this should not be allowed, and it should be reported if this can be done.

i personally think these are very dangerous actions taken upon the DOJ.

BigMac
08-16-2006, 7:57 AM

Another urban gun legend.:rolleyes:

You are seriously going to try to convince people that the DOJ....the 'top dog', most well equipped, and funded California law enforcment agency has to resort to conscripted asian officers from SFPD speaking into FRS radios they got off of E-Bay.

Really?:rolleyes:

Bill, get help.

You may want to think it's not happening, but it is. I personally know this agents family member and he tries to arrange haveing lunch with him there at the show..(I've been invited) You had better watch what you do at the Reno show.

M1A Rifleman
08-16-2006, 8:01 AM
I have also read - maybe on this site? - that the State Fire Marshal send agents before the 4th July to watch Nevada Fireworks stands. If the State sends agents for this BS, you bet they would send to gun shows. I just don't see how Nevada would allow CA DOJ yahoos to run around armed harrassing patrons at the Hotel.

SemiAutoSam
08-16-2006, 8:05 AM
Ive spoken to a LEO I knew from my days living in reno and they (WCSO) told me that they didn't know about it happening and even if they did know about it its a issue for Reno PD not Washoe county sheriff dept.

I have a few contacts with RPD and time allowing will call for into and edit this post to reflect what I have found.

M1A Rifleman
08-16-2006, 8:11 AM
Ive spoken to a LEO I knew from my days living in reno and they (WCSO) told me that they didn't know about it happening and even if they did know about it its a issue for Reno PD not Washoe county sheriff dept.

I have a few contacts with RPD and time allowing will call for into and edit this post to reflect what I have found.

It would be great if RPD would tell CA DOJ to keep out. But I doubt it as I think there is something about respecting each others laws and cooperation etc. Except, was it not Reno PD that bused the bums to San Francisco, one way??

Mute
08-16-2006, 8:38 AM
If I have a residence in NV then my normal capacity magazine purchases would be legal. If the DOJ interefered with that, I'd say that would be grounds for filing a restraining order in NV.

chickenfried
08-16-2006, 9:20 AM
LOL :D :D Hey, Making those kind of comments is my job!

You spend your weekends with his wife? NO WONDER he is so pissed at us!!!
(guess weekends with his wife aren't as rewarding as they are for me)

trbon8r
08-16-2006, 9:32 AM

I'd say since about the late 1980s or so. :mad:

fairfaxjim
08-16-2006, 10:17 AM
He was just there doing a "field trip" with some of his "students" from his "National Asian Peace Officer's Association" National Training seminar on "Firearm Laws, California and Nevada Gun Shows - Agent I******* C****, Department of Justice" that he did Aug. 8th in Las Vegas. They were all just probably on their way back from LV and stopped in for some "live fire."
http://www.napoaonline.org/NAPOA_course_schedule.htm

If anyone doesn't believe that this guy takes his role in this deadly serious, you are not paying attention.

spunk2
08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Ummm..............

Ferderal law allows persons to legally buy long guns in another state.
(I think as long as that states law does prohibit it.)

There is pending Federal legistlation that would allow the purchase of hand guns by out of state residents, also. (Hopefully that will go through.)

PanzerAce
08-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Ferderal law allows persons to legally buy long guns in another state.
(I think as long as that states law does prohibit it.)

There is pending Federal legistlation that would allow the purchase of hand guns by out of state residents, also. (Hopefully that will go through.)

wait, really? link to law that says this?

50 Freak
08-16-2006, 11:07 AM
AGAIN I CONFIRM.....I SAW OUR FRIEND WITH ANOTHER BUFF SHORT ASIAN LE TYPE ON SAT.

Don't know about Friday or Sunday, but he was definitely there on Sat (as seen by my own eyes). I wasn't there Fri or Sun.

He wasn't wearing body armor, didn't see a hip holster or anything. HE WAS CARRYING A WALKIE TALKIE.

Whether or not they were looking to purchase some beef jerky or beanie babies, I have no clue. Should have followed them. If they were there on a "official" capacity. They shouldn't have been as they are out of their jurisdiction.

I didn't buy anything other than tritium sights for my AR and a gas wrench for my M14. So I doubt I was followed out.

Was looking at some ammo (by the way, anyone notice how SA 308 140 rd battle pack that sold at the cowpalace for $30 bucks a few months ago are now selling at $45 bucks). Wonder if they just raise their prices due to scarcity of 308 right now or because they know us CA will pay more?

M1A Rifleman
08-16-2006, 11:15 AM
AGAIN I CONFIRM.....I SAW OUR FRIEND WITH ANOTHER BUFF SHORT ASIAN LE TYPE ON SAT.

Don't know about Friday or Sunday, but he was definitely there on Sat (as seen by my own eyes). I wasn't there Fri or Sun.

He wasn't wearing body armor, didn't see a hip holster or anything. HE WAS CARRYING A WALKIE TALKIE.

Whether or not they were looking to purchase some beef jerky or beanie babies, I have no clue. Should have followed them. If they were there on a "official" capacity. They shouldn't have been as they are out of their jurisdiction.

I didn't buy anything other than tritium sights for my AR and a gas wrench for my M14. So I doubt I was followed out.

Was looking at some ammo (by the way, anyone notice how SA 308 140 rd battle pack that sold at the cowpalace for $30 bucks a few months ago are now selling at $45 bucks). Wonder if they just raise their prices due to scarcity of 308 right now or because they know us CA will pay more?

It would be interesting to get some photo's of these guys at these shows and post. Also, after reading this again, it could be these two were at the show for the same reason others were - to enjoy a Saturday purchasing items at a guns show.

chickenfried
08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Right after I sold a case ~2-3 months ago :rolleyes: prices started creeping up for the SA. AIM has already had 2 or 3 price increases since then. Everyone's paying more.

xenophobe
08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Xen~

My question then is, as it was then, (though I now do believe they were there) are there ANY REPORTS OF ARRESTS anywhere that can be checked?

Short of that~ it mostly sounds like more scare tactics; its a shame- too many tax dollars going for such.........miniscule results......

I will not apologize or take it easy... he's raising the BS flag on some very credible people, some of whom I know personally and some I have known for many years. Calling them liars is not something I will not take lightly.

Perhaps the shooting community would be better served not knowing this kind of information at all and just pretend that everything is just rosey.

I have it on good source that the previous Reno show one person was busted with possession and importation of an AW when he drove back across the state line, and the total DOJ head count for busting people as they crossed the border from that show was 14.

Believe it. Or not.

SemiAutoSam
08-16-2006, 12:43 PM
If I have a residence in NV then my normal capacity magazine purchases would be legal. If the DOJ interefered with that, I'd say that would be grounds for filing a restraining order in NV.

DITTO I still have Nevada legal toys that live at my nevada place.

metalhead357
08-16-2006, 1:07 PM
I will not apologize or take it easy...
Believe it. Or not.

LOL! NO ONE asked ya' to apologise:D
As stated I do believe it; what I am/was referring to is its easy (if anyone cares to go back to the beginning), its easy, too easy to miss the secondings of seeing Mr. Asian DOJ... hereafter DOJA.....Dohja;) . And I think that is what happened.......

For what I meant on take it easy~ more peeps will be apt to listen to reasoned and persuasive truths than anybody calling anybody a liar, calling BS, or even calling shenanigans:D

So now everyone knows about the dude with the AW goin/coming from Reno and his bust....... ((I dont need the proof....)) But what of the other 13 arrests? Are there any newpaper articles, etc. to back this up? Its proof like this/these that will win more converts to the "be careful" in Reno campaign and getting Cali gun owners to get the Reno-connection out of urban myth status and put on the forefront of the peeps attention.......

BTW~~ But hey Xen~ did you make it to the show?

Metalhead

RRangel
08-16-2006, 9:57 PM
There's been warning enough.