PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto state armory CA sales end soon

misterjake
01-14-2011, 3:31 PM
On their webpage, last CA orders is Jan 20th due to ab962.

vintagearms
01-14-2011, 5:04 PM
Same with Wideners. I'll have to ask them if they will still ship with 03FFL and COE

Anchors
01-14-2011, 5:10 PM
So whack.
Not even rifle calibers.
Looks like OLL all over again...

Nate74
01-15-2011, 3:54 PM
Just another vendor abandoning us. When we get this repealed, I for one will remember all of them.

Cali-Shooter
01-15-2011, 4:08 PM
Sad times we are living in. Facking libtard politicians.

TURBOELKY
01-15-2011, 4:19 PM
Abandonment...Nothing new to Cali. I'll be alright.

Dutch3
01-15-2011, 4:22 PM
Just another vendor abandoning us. When we get this repealed, I for one will remember all of them.

I will remember the ones who file suit against AB 962. This legislation will hurt lots of out of state vendors. Some of them will file, claiming damages due to lost revenue. Hopefully, some will prevail and help kick this thing to the curb.

I will remember their assistance and give them my business.

$P-Ritch$
01-15-2011, 4:26 PM
So whack.
Not even rifle calibers.
Looks like OLL all over again...

Heck, palmetto has never shipped OLL's to CA from what I've heard. At least that is what I was told when I mentioned buying one of their milspec lowers they had on sale for $65.

bsim
01-15-2011, 5:18 PM
Their site also states:Due to AB962, the last day to order any type of ammunition or reloading components will be January 20th.

NiteQwill
01-15-2011, 7:07 PM
Joe, owner of Palmetto, stated that they will continue to ship to those exempted under the law (C&R + COE). Not all is lost.

corrupt
01-15-2011, 8:04 PM
hmm.. sounds like another reason to buy a 1050.

QQQ
01-15-2011, 8:29 PM
Joe, owner of Palmetto, stated that they will continue to ship to those exempted under the law (C&R + COE). Not all is lost.

Well good for those guys.

Too bad for the rest of us.

RRangel
01-15-2011, 8:42 PM
Their site also states:

Due to AB962, the last day to order any type of ammunition or reloading components will be January 20th.

The law is only to be applied to handgun ammunition. I can see why some might legally reason that rifle ammunition can be used in certain handguns, because our state's bad laws foster ambiguity, but I don't understand closing all sales to California unless management is attempting to make some sort of statement. How do they win by losing customers?

NorCalDustin
01-15-2011, 9:03 PM
The law is only to be applied to handgun ammunition. I can see why some might legally reason that rifle ammunition can be used in certain handguns, because our state's bad laws foster ambiguity, but I don't understand closing all sales to California unless management is attempting to make some sort of statement. How do they win by losing customers?
The problem is, its not clearly defined what handgun ammo is YET... Therefore, they dont want to take the chance.

misterjake
01-15-2011, 9:04 PM
Is there a handgun in .308?

I guess they don't want to bother. I purchased from them before but maybe not now.

Although the court case for 962 is on the 18th, so that'll give me 2 days to place a final order or laugh as 962 is tossed out.

jshoebot
01-15-2011, 9:26 PM
That sucks.. I ordered a bunch of M855 from them a while back, they have good prices on their 5.56/.223. Well if they don't want to help us out, I won't help them out anymore either.

stillnotbob
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Is there a handgun in .308?

yes there is:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5109728

and

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5577894

CalNRA
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
where is the outrage that CTD received? Or is everyone too busy panic buying from this vendor to voice any reaction?

Scratch705
01-15-2011, 11:53 PM
where is the outrage that CTD received? Or is everyone too busy panic buying from this vendor to voice any reaction?

people tend to not complain as much when the vendor has better prices.

Cali-Shooter
01-16-2011, 12:00 AM
The thing about CTD is, even though them cutting off ALL ammo sales to CA residents is a major kicker, they offer so many other things for sale that many buyers will still buy from them regardless (not me, screw CTD if they don't get their act together).

A random list of things that CTD would still ship to CA:

Molle Plate Carrier vests
Bayonets
10 rd magazines
Scopes
Belts
Tactical Clothing/BDU's
Red Dot Sights
Backpacks
Flashlights
Soft rifle cases
Entrenching tools
First Aid Kits
MRE's
Shooting Glasses & Hearing Protection
Holsters
Gasmasks
Ghillie suits

You see where I'm going with this? CTD is a jack of all trades seller. That's how they stay in business with CA, even with screwing us on the ammo deal.

Fishslayer
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM

Just emailed DOJ for the form for a F7CR license. I reload, but ya never know...

Some places give discounts to FFL as well...;)

So what's with places that will ship nothing to the People's Republik? They just don't want to take the trouble to read the law? Is it something else? Makes no sense to me.

C.W.M.V.
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Same with Wideners. I'll have to ask them if they will still ship with 03FFL and COE

Really? Got the notice from them that they aren't shipping HANDGUN (in bold in the email) ammo, mentioned nothing about rifle ammo.

Well, at least I know my local Walmart will still be selling it.

50CalAL
01-16-2011, 1:04 AM
Just re-read their statement, thought it was only handgun ammo....this sucks! It's too bad too as their pricing was really competitive for most ammo and I've ordered quite a bit with them in the past.

Oh well, just put in a order for a couple cases of .45 with Sportsman Guide.

vintagearms
01-16-2011, 8:57 AM
Really? Got the notice from them that they aren't shipping HANDGUN (in bold in the email) ammo, mentioned nothing about rifle ammo.

Well, at least I know my local Walmart will still be selling it.

Correct. Im just not sure what they will consider handgun ammo as.

Don29palms
01-16-2011, 1:20 PM
AB 962 refers to this as the definition of handgun ammunition

California Penal Code Section 12323
(a) "Handgun ammunition" means ammunition principally for use in
pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed
upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001,
notwithstanding that the ammunition may also be used in some rifles.

With this being the case how can most rifle ammunition and reloading supplies possibly be considered handgun ammunition?

In another thread I predicted this would happen and for those nay sayers that said it wouldn't I told you so!

Pig Rifle
01-16-2011, 1:39 PM

I was unaware that we were exempt. A bit of good news in all this mess anyways.

woodsman
01-16-2011, 1:49 PM

Absolutely. I can almost understand if they are concerned about selling us any ammunition but reloading equipment?

Librarian
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
AB 962 has been overturned before this all could be implemented - see the sticky http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=385930