PDA

View Full Version : Another shop gone...

PanzerAce
08-14-2006, 1:15 PM
http://www.mercedsunstar.com/local/story/12579706p-13288171c.html

Im sad to see them go, thats where I DROSed my 2 stags. They were a bunch of cool guys there, hope the gunrunner doesnt get shut down as well, cause there would be no shop with in an hours drive almost.:(

EDIT: on a related note, what happens to a gun shops inventory when the ATF shuts them down?

JOEKILLA
08-14-2006, 1:20 PM
This is so sad. EFFIN' ridiculous. :mad:

mailman
08-14-2006, 1:20 PM
that's horrible, there was obviosly no intent on his part to do anything to purposely disobey the law...

PanzerAce
08-14-2006, 1:50 PM
that's horrible, there was obviosly no intent on his part to do anything to purposely disobey the law...

yah, he was even leary of doing the lowers for me. Even worse, I was going to try and get a job there this year :(

Pokey
08-14-2006, 2:28 PM
Can anyone say Witch hunt? New Salem? Seems like a trend is developing here. It would be interseting to see if all of the stores in 'trouble' handled OLLs. I wouldn't put it past DOJ to use ATF as an attack dog or to 'get even'.

Fate
08-14-2006, 2:40 PM
Conspiracy theory?

Owner of Stevenson's Gun Country goes on camera (Larry Elder's documentary "Michael and Me") and makes a few remarks as to the wacky CA gun laws. Shop shut down on "paperwork violations" within a few months.

Coincidence?

metalhead357
08-14-2006, 2:42 PM
What a waste.....
Seems the ATF is out for blood. Tis a shame as the DOJ does seem to have a bigger bone to pick; maybe they are asking ATF..... its a shame, dang shame. Not even missing any guns like Traders was/is before they got shut down............

The Soup Nazi
08-14-2006, 2:53 PM
Great to see our tax dollars going to an anti capitalist and unconstitutional organization.

Grakken
08-14-2006, 3:45 PM
What do you expect from the same orginization who blundered Waco.

but I would imagine there is more to the story than what I just read.

PanzerAce
08-14-2006, 9:32 PM
but I would imagine there is more to the story than what I just read.

not likely actually. I knew these guys, and considering how wary they were of DROSing 3 lowers (2 for me, 1 for a friend), I dont think they would ever intentionally do anything wrong. And guys, the DOJ had nothing to do with this if you read the article. Hell, Stone's later told me they would not do any more lowers because it was to close to the edge of the law. (As far as I know, only 3 lowers were DROSed in all of merced county). It really is a shame to see these guys go. I sure hope that the Gunrunner gets left alone now, especially since they are the only place for hours around that rents...:o

EDIT: Just to make sure you guys got it: THIS SHOP ONLY EVER HANDLED 3 OLLS, IT IS UNLIKELY IN THE EXTREME THAT THE DOJ GOT THE ATF TO GO AFTER THEM IN RESPONSE TO OLL BUSINESS.

Boomer1961
08-14-2006, 9:45 PM
When I voted for Bush I thought the assault on FFL's (Clinton era when 2/3rds were harassed into giving it up) was over.

Sadly it seems Mr Dubya Jr. is just as bad as Ol' Bill in not wanting the common folk to have these things. The Guvinator is just as bad at this in disarming the populace because they fear us.

A government for the people would not fear the populace. A government for the nobility and composed of the nobles fears there ill gotten gain will be taken back.

Dubya could stop this assault by ATF on the FFL's with this latest "paper work accuracy" assault but he does not. Each campaign against the FFL's successfully thins the numbers and our ability to exercise our constitutional rights.

This just makes me sick, to think that resources that should be devoted to stopping the corporate raiders from raiding companies, pensions, shareholders, and employees, is being used to stop the common folk from being empowered in the ultimate sense of an armed citizenry. They should go after whoever murdered George Dubya's friend Mr Lay, but that may lead back to Dubya and his cronies.

As you can see this topic really sets me off. Sorry guys for the rambling.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!:D

CalNRA
08-14-2006, 10:06 PM
that's a shame. it has got to be a slap in the face for the owner who devoted his life for public safety and get rammed up the rear by the ATF who doesn't do the real work.

That reminds me of the Goodfellas quote:

"See, your murders come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help. "

My deepest sympathy to him.

kantstudien
08-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Dubya could stop this assault by ATF on the FFL's with this latest "paper work accuracy" assault but he does not.

How exactly would "Dubya" stop the ATF? :confused:

Does he have the power to disband the ATF or something?

Leadthrower
08-14-2006, 11:40 PM
I would love to help this owner out by buying atleast something from him. I'm going to give him a call in the morning to see if I can squeeze a few rifles/pistols out of my funds. I say we help him out as much as possible.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
How exactly would "Dubya" stop the ATF? :confused:

Does he have the power to disband the ATF or something?

He doesn't need to disband ATF in order to "stop this assault by ATF on the FFL's."

He can have the Attorney General appoint a pro-gun person to run ATF. The new director could demand that his agency start focussing on stopping criminals instead of putting FFL's out of business for minor paperwork violations.

He doesn't even need Senate confirmation for a new ATF director.

faterikcartman
08-15-2006, 1:34 AM
The ATF is a large agency. Field agents get cars, great pay and great benefits.

They will always find ways to justify their existence.

Once you create a large bureacracy it is impossible to get rid of it.

Number 6
08-15-2006, 1:56 AM
When I voted for Bush I thought the assault on FFL's (Clinton era when 2/3rds were harassed into giving it up) was over.

Sadly it seems Mr Dubya Jr. is just as bad as Ol' Bill in not wanting the common folk to have these things. The Guvinator is just as bad at this in disarming the populace because they fear us.

A government for the people would not fear the populace. A government for the nobility and composed of the nobles fears there ill gotten gain will be taken back.

Dubya could stop this assault by ATF on the FFL's with this latest "paper work accuracy" assault but he does not. Each campaign against the FFL's successfully thins the numbers and our ability to exercise our constitutional rights.

This just makes me sick, to think that resources that should be devoted to stopping the corporate raiders from raiding companies, pensions, shareholders, and employees, is being used to stop the common folk from being empowered in the ultimate sense of an armed citizenry. They should go after whoever murdered George Dubya's friend Mr Lay, but that may lead back to Dubya and his cronies.

As you can see this topic really sets me off. Sorry guys for the rambling.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!:D

You are assuming that the president is aware that this is even going on. The federal government is huge and the president has his hands in only a very small part of it. The president is most likely dealing with other things than the ATF's policy on record keeping at this point.