PDA

View Full Version : Does AB962 allow shipping ammo like wine?

vladbutsky
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
I got a notification from Midway USA stating that because of AB962 ammo will not be delivered. My understanding was that even is AB962 will not be stopped on January 18 by court order we still can get ammo by mail but it should be shipped with confirmation that receiver is over 21 (like shipping wine). Did I miss something? Does it make sense for me to call Midway and ask for another way to deliver it?

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order.

Product: Wolf Ammunition 45 ACP 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket (Bi-Metal) Steel Case Case of 500 (10 Boxes of 50) (2) at $149.99 /each.
Product Number: 147545.
Invoice Number: XXXXXXXX.

As a result of California Assembly Bill 962, which criminalizes the delivery and transfer of handgun ammunition in all non-face-to-face transactions, MidwayUSA regrets that we are unable to ship handgun ammunition to the state of California beginning January 21, 2011. We do not believe we will be able to ship your backorder by the deadline and we’ve chosen to cancel it early to give you the opportunity to order in-stock merchandise.

We apologize for this cancelation but look forward to doing business with you in the future. If you have further questions, please contact us at customerservice@midwayusa.com or 1-800-243-3220.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

pepsi2451
01-14-2011, 1:40 PM
Nope, can't ship at all. At least not until they start finger printing.

hoffmang
01-14-2011, 7:13 PM
Nope, can't ship at all. At least not until they start finger printing.

The answer is that it's not actually clear what the correct interpretation is. Even DOJ doesn't know.

-Gene